Thursday, June 30, 2011

Friday Photo Flashback, Follow Friday and ALOHA Friday!


Alicia at More than Words started "Friday Photo Flashback". I'm having a blast & you can too! Dig out your photo album! Don't forget to sign up so we can all visit and comment on each others pics/blogs! IT'S GREAT FUN! 

Short amazing story for you.  My mother passed in 2006, and my daughter said, "Mom, you really should put together a family tree for me & the kids so we don't forget our heritage, and before no one is around to ask any questions".  So, I started one on paper & that just got confusing so I went to Ancestry.com.  To shorten this story some I got an e-mail through Ancestry.com from a cousin I never met.  One thing lead to another and she filled in some questions I had & added stuff she knew and we swapped pictures, and stories I've never heard or seen and vice-versa.  It's been fun.  These two fine ladies are my Great Aunts on my father's side.  They were my Great-Grandmother's sisters. 
My Great Aunt Carrie 1865 - 1944 (Denmark)

My Great Aunt Emma 1868 -1900 (Wisc.)




 
Are you a blogger over 40? Yeah, welcome to the club!
Please join in the fun over at Java's place, and get to know your fellow bloggers at Never Growing Old!!
GRAB JAVA'S BUTTON!  She's such a sweetie!  Thanks Java for hosting a fun meme!


 




"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday a day of rest. So we're doin' the same. On Fridays we're taking it easy on posting. Therefore, our hostess is asking a simple question for you to answer; nothing that requires a lengthy response.If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the very friendly place of Islandlife808.com. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and find new followers! 

My question is:  What country do you hail from? 

Originally on my dad's side is Denmark & Dusseldorf, Germany and London (my grandpa), and my mom's side was Palermo, Sicily.

 
Also, sign up over at FOLLOW FUN FREE FOR ALL AT STACY UNCORKED
for a REALLY GOOD TIME! SHE'S FABULOUS!
Wasn't that fun?  ~hehe~  Have a Great Weekend Everyone, and THANKS for stopping by, and following me.   Oh!  Don't forget"MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME".   This week's theme is a "FREEBIE"!  I know Monday's the Fourth so there probably won't be too many folks around, but maybe at night we'll have some nice quiet music for ya to settle down too!  We now have a button for our "SPOTLIGHT DANCERS"!  So don't forget to grab it if you've been chosen.   It's so cool!  yaaaa hoooey!  Hope you  ALL can make it. It's tons of fun & don't forget bring a friend!  Hell, bring all your friends.  HUGS TO ALL.  Have a great weekend!  YOU ALL ROCK!


Photobucket
HUGSSSSSSS


post signature

9 comments:

MamaKo said...

I love their picture. they both look lovely.

Lorie Shewbridge said...

How exciting that you got a response from a cousin. I have always wanted to do a family tree, but don't have nearly enough info.
I LOVE those photos, the ladies look so lovely, you come from beautiful stock. =)
My family comes from Ireland (5 generations ago) and Germany on my dad's side and from Sweeden and Germany (4 generations ago) on my mom's side. I even have some Mohawk indian in me on my mom's side.
Check out what I have for you on my blog: http://wmljshewbridge.blogspot.com/2011/07/blog-post.html

Colette S said...

The family resemblance does carry through the lines.

Were you born in the US or in Sicily?

I'm from the Caribbean - Jamaica.

Adaptable Kay said...

It's almost UNCANNY how you look like your Great Aunt Carrie! It's a striking resemblance :)

Those are really great pictures, and what an AMAZING story! I love stories like that ^.^

I'm a pretty hefty chunk Polish. My dad and his family are pure Polish and my mom has a little bit in her, too. There's also some Irish, German, and a few other things mixed in there.

Vicki said...

Ireland on my moms side

Anonymous said...

I hail from the good old USA. We've had about 17 generations here since the start of our country if not more. Before that Scotland and Germany and a bit of Welsh.

Self Sagacity said...

Those photos are fabulous. I love seeing the way the women used to dress.

More Than Words said...

Hi there! I'm so sorry I'm so late at responding!!

You have such awesome photos! A real treasure!!!!!! I wish I had some of my relatives dating back then!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

earnings on the Internet without the attachments. [url=http://ad.admitad.com/goto/41b2e24cd1e297399d9324ebb742f6/]how to make money online newbie[/url]
Automatic Internet Business

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...