Tortilla pinwheels they’re easy to make and, you don’t have to use your oven to make them because isn't that the last thing we want to do in the summertime? So let's not waste any time & let's get to the nummers!!! I found this on a friend's blog you're gonna love this.
Two most important things to remember are to roll up the tortillas tightly and refrigerate at least several hours. They’re much easier to slice and they keep their shape better when you do these two things.
VEGGIE TORTILLA PINWHEELS by NancyC THANKS NANCY!!!!Makes about 4 dozen pinwheels
- 1 (8-ounce) block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (4.25-ounce) can chopped black olives
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 (8-inch) or 5 (10-inch) flour tortillas (flavored or plain)In medium-size bowl, mix softened cream cheese, sour cream, and shredded cheddar cheese until well blended. Add in chopped green onions, red bell pepper, green chilies, and black olives, blending everything together. Stir in parsley flakes, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.Spread mixture in a thin layer over one side of each flour tortillas. Roll tortillas up tightly, then wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight.(You’ll probably have some extra cream cheese mixture left over–you may be able to make another tortilla roll with it, or save it to use as a spread on some bread).
Remove from refrigerator, remove plastic wrap, and place each tortilla roll seam side down. Cut into slices about 1/2″ thick (a small serrated knife works best for slicing). Arrange on a large tray or platter and serve. WAH LAH!!!! ENJOY!