Thursday, June 23, 2011

Friday Photo Flashback, Follow Friday and ALOHA Friday!


Alicia at More than Words started "Friday Photo Flashback". I'm having a blast & you can too! Dig out your photo album! Don't forget to sign up so we can all visit and comment on each others pics/blogs! IT'S GREAT FUN! 

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to us!  December, 1999 my husband and I eloped.  Dave was a 42 yr, old bachelor, no kids, never married, and his family was shocked when we told them we eloped.  
I decided I didn't want to take seeing her only baby boy get married, so six months later to the date we got married in front of a preacher in our backyard.  So today is our 11 1/2 yr. Anniversary!  ~hehe~
I get "2" anniversaries!




6/24/00

 
Are you a blogger over 40? Yeah, welcome to the club!
Please join in the fun over at Java's place, and get to know your fellow bloggers at Never Growing Old!!
GRAB JAVA'S BUTTON!  She's such a sweetie!  Thanks Java for hosting a fun meme!


 



"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday a day of rest. So we're doin' the same. On Fridays we're taking it easy on posting. Therefore, our hostess is asking a simple question for you to answer; nothing that requires a lengthy response.If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the very friendly place of Islandlife808.com. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and find new followers! 


My question is: Were you named after anyone? 


I have my grandmother's middle name, but I was named after my mom & dad's song.  It was called, "Maria Elena" by Jerry Vale.  That's the name I was baptized.  Coming from an Italian family if we had Italian names that's what we got baptized. 
 
Also, sign up over at FOLLOW FUN FREE FOR ALL AT STACY UNCORKED
for a REALLY GOOD TIME! SHE'S FABULOUS!
Wasn't that fun?  ~hehe~  Have a Great Weekend Everyone, and THANKS for stopping by, and following me.   Oh!  Don't forget"MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME".   This week's theme is Singers or Groups with one name!  We now have a button for our "SPOTLIGHT DANCERS"!  So don't forget to grab it if you've been chosen.   It's so cool!  yaaaa hoooey!  Hope you  ALL can make it. It's tons of fun & don't forget bring a friend!  Hell, bring all your friends.  HUGS TO ALL.  Have a great weekend!  YOU ALL ROCK!


Photobucket
HUGSSSSSSS

post signature

13 comments:

The Busy Coconut said...

I was sort of named after my grandmother. Her legal name is Marie, but she was called Malie (Tongan for Marie). My legal name is Malie.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Happy 11-1/2 year anniversary, Dolly! LOVE the pictures!! :)

I was named after both my parents - my mom is Stacia, hence the name Stacy - and my middle name was supposed to be Michel, but my dad, being Michael, accidentally added that pesky 'a' in there when he filled out my birth certificate - so he added an accent mark above the a to try to 'fix' it on my birth certificate. ; My parents gave each of us part of their names, or a variation of it. :)

Aloha: Road Trip

Lorie Shewbridge said...

Happy 1/2 anniversary my dear friend... you make a beautiful bride. =) But I guess that is because you are such a beautiful person!
I was actually named after two of my parents' dear friends. My first name came from a woman who's real first name was Lorelie, thank goodness they didn't care for that name but liked her nickname: Lori, but my dad said the spelling was wrong, it didn't look finished so he added the "e" on the end: Lorie. Then my middle name, Jean, cam from the wife of another good friend. Both of these women were baby sitting my two older sisters while my mom was at the hospital having me. =)

Gigi Ann said...

I wasn't named after anyone, however, my oldest sister (14 years older than me) named me, and my parents said it's as good as anything we could think of. So my sister named me Anna Carol.

~ Noelle said...

happy anniversary! lol, love your pics!!!!!!!!!!!
i was named after my great grandmother... and then "Noelle" was from a book my mom was reading!!!

Colette S said...

You make such a beautiful bride honey. And two anniversaries is way cool.

No. I wasn't named after anyone. Maybe I should ask my mother :)

Introducing Mr. Cool said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Dave, and many more happy fun years together.

I really don't think I was named after anyone.

Adaptable Kay said...

Aw, look at you and your gorgeous self :D That was so nice of you to get married again for his mom! And that benefits you-Two anniversaries ;)

I was named after a soap opera star. Lol Here's the kicker-My dad named me xD

Happy Friday!

CMash said...

Happy "second time" Anniversary" Only you could have come up with something different. In all my years, which there are many, this is the first time I have heard of this one lol.

No. Wasn't named after anyone. However, my sister's first letter of her first name is the same letter of my Dad's first name, and mine is the same as my Mom's, which was planned that way. Have a fun weekend.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Happy Anniversary! Happy Anniversary! (thought I would say that twice :o)

You look radiant! What a sweet idea to celebrate your vows again for all your family to be a part of :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I really enjoyed the recipe blog hop too :o)

More Than Words said...

That was so sweet of you to do that for his mom!! I bet she really appreciated that!!!!!

Love the pictures, Dolly!!!

And no..I am not named after anyone. :)

kailani said...

Not that I know of. :-)


Kailani
An Island Life

Tammy said...

I was actually named after the Tammy movies...I think Debbie Reynolds played Tammy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...