Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Thursday's Recipe Swap Meet!

JELLO CAKE

WELCOME TO OUR 16th "RECIPE SWAP MEET"!
"Oh no, what am I going to make tonight"?   Why not pick one of our Recipes!  Your grandmother's secret recipe has a coming out party and it's tonight!   

Come join our "RECIPE SWAP MEET" If you take one, share one!  All you have to do is sign our linky, grab our button, and show off your Recipe!  Below you will find your Chef-Hostesses XmasDolly (me), and Lori from  
The Shewbridges of Central Florida  (Lorie says Hi!).  Hi-ya! 
Lorie's recipe is at her blog.

We all have recipes from our family archives that we've collected over the years, and maybe some we have swapped from friends, magazines, cookbooks, & neighbors!

PerfectoSo, remember if you take one, share one & sign our linky, grab our button, and we'll rush over to your place and grab yours!  Oh, and don't forget to follow and we'll happily return the love!  Maybe show some love with a comment if you're not too busy!   I can hardly wait to see your family's old recipes and try them!  That's it!  Short & Sweet!  Let's start cookin'!  Looking forward to seeing you.  So mark your calenders!  We'll be here every Thursday.   So, if you're stumped on what to make tonight stop over by Dolly & Lorie's RECIPE SWAP MEET!  Our button is in my right side bar!  ARE WE BUDS OR WHAT?  HERE'S MINE!  ENJOY!
*This one was given to me by my Mother-in-Law and hubby loves it! 

 
SPINACH SALAD

BAG OF SPINACH
1 Onion
LB. of bacon - fry and crumble
1 can of water chestnuts
4 boiled eggs
 
 
1 cup of salad oil
1 1/2 tbs. of Worcester sauce
1/2 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of ketchup
1/2 cup of onions
1/2 cup of yellow cider vinegar
salt & pepper to taste
 
 

So now all you have to do is sign our linky to lead us and/or our guests to you to swap a recipe.  Check them all out, and we'll check yours.  If you don't want to write it all down & know of one on line just post a link to it on your blog or leave it in a comment if you prefer!  Enjoy and Bona Petite!!!  Thanks for cooking/sharing along with us!

post signature

6 comments:

Introducing Mr. Cool said...

Well that's a perfect summer meal. I've got to copy that one. Thanks for sharing.

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

That sounds great. I'd have to sub a few things {no bacon, and water chestnuts and I don't play well together lol} but I think I'd be able to work it out. The flavor combinations sound perfect!

Rachel @ Little Kitchen, Big Bites said...

Mmmm that sounds so light and refreshing! Thanks for hosting the link up!

Mrs. Tuna said...

thanks again for hosting the recipe hop :)

Lorie Shewbridge said...

LOVE, LOVE the bacon (I don't know how you do it Erin), but I don't really care for water chestnuts, otherwise - YUM-O!!
I love salads in the summer, especially with hard-boiled eggs, they are so refreshing.

ButterflyKiwi13 said...

I love boiled eggs on salads - this sounds really good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...