Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cancer is so uncool! WORDFUL WEDNESDAY!

Happy Wordful Wednesday is a great day to post a picture that “speaks” for itself, no words needed OVER AT JAVA'S! So, I've found a new home for Wednesday, and I blog-hop all day long looking at great pics! How about you? 


SQUAMOUS CELL

My husband HAD a Cancerous mole on his neck.  We just came home from the hospital, and... well let me back track just a bit.  Whenever we go on vacations Dave loves roller coasters.  Remember this one?  See above.  He's out from morning until night in the sun.  Plus he's a truck driver, so left side of his face & the arm out the window & left leg in the sun all day.  David had a very good friend, Gary.  He was at a family party & his brother (a doctor) said he should get this funny looking mole on his back checked out.  Three months later our dear friend died of skin cancer (Melanoma).  It was because of that story Dave went to see the doctor & got a biopsy taken on this brown spot on his neck, and I thank the Lord that he did.

It turned out to be squamous cell (in-carcinoma).  Squamous cell skin cancer is a type of tumor that affects the skin. Cancer - skin - squamous cell; Skin cancer - squamous cell Squamous cell cancer results when cells in the ...

Read more: http://www.righthealth.com/topic/Squamous_Cell_Carcinoma.#ixzz1QbHmN7jW



 Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC or SqCC), occasionally rendered as "squamous-cell carcinoma", is a histologically-distinct form of cancer. It arises from the uncontrolled multiplication of transformed malignant cells showing squamous differentiation and tissue architecture. Squamous cell carcinoma is one of the most common cancers, and frequently forms in a large number of body tissues and organs, including skin, lips, mouth, esophagus, urinary bladder, prostate, lung, vagina, and cervix, among others. Despite the common name, squamous cell carcinomas often show large differences, depending on where they develop, in their presentation, natural history, prognosis, and response to treatment. (from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).
  Yes, it was Cancer, but not the bad kind that kills you it rarely spreads, but if you don't do anything about it it could kill you.  They ordered a complete x-cision of the mole, which they did today.  Dave is fine, but my nerves are frazzled.  My prayers were answered when the doctor said he got it 100%.  So my friends supposedly this all starts when you're young, and being in the sun too long.  So, when we go out we're going to get him a hat and sunscreen.  David is my world, and he's changed a very dismal life into one happy and loving life for me.  If your husband's work makes him an outdoor man show this too him and be cautious. 
Do it because you care, and I've shared the news with you because...  I care!
(Picture of the cell removed at husband's request).
The Cakeblast with linky
Mom Spotted with linky


For more Wordless Wednesday visit 5 Minutes 4 MomHere and ThereGo Graham Go, and Hobo Mama’s WW Linky List!

 eh - eh - eh!  DON'T TOUCH THAT DIAL!  Stay tuned for our next show coming up!  Right after this word from our sponsor!   Featuring:

Our "Recipe Swap Meet" tomorrow!  Don't forget to grab our button and play along... and you could share your secrets with us.  We won't tell any body!  ~snicker-snicker~
PRECIOUS!
Photobucket





post signature

18 comments:

Faythe said...

I know how scarey this is! I am glad Dave went & had it checked, sorry he had to lose a friend tho... my hubs had a few removed that were at the pre-cancer stage. he did a lot of work outside too, ect his moles were not where the sun normally hit, so any mole should get looked at. Hugs to both of you! Good PSA. ~Faythe @GMT

Tamara B. said...

Such a great post and happy it wasn't more serious for you hubby!

Unknown said...

glad the outcome wasn't tragic. I'm a stickler for suncare but still panic, it's so serious.

Anonymous said...

Glad your hubby's story has a happy ending. I'm too familiar with this evil cancer monster...it took both my mom and her mom away from me way too young. My sister and her son have both had cancerous moles removed.

I'm constantly barking at the kids about their sun exposure. Serious stuff!

Lori said...

I'm so glad he's okay! It is a good reminder to take care of ourselves! Have a good Wednesday!

Shawn said...

Praise God for the happy ending! Such a tragic story about your friend, Gary, so good of you to share his story as a reminder to all to check any suspicious lesion,mole or growth.

Love the picture on the roller coaster...WOOHOO!!!!!

Mimi N said...

Oh my goodness, that is so crazy. I've heard that the left side is the side that gets it more because of all the time we spend driving. SO very thankful he's on the mend.

~Mimi

Joanie said...

Cancer of any kind is so scary! Glad to see your hubby will be okay after having that mole removed! Continued good health!!!

We'll know next week if John's cancer is back or not. He got re-tested today. Fingers crossed!!!

dtbrents said...

Thanks for the info. I liked the pictures. I pray your husband is ok. My daughter in law's mom has had nearly a hundred cut out. She was an avid tanner. Had her own tanning bed. Some of hers has been cancerous. Doylene

Silver Strands said...

Yes - cancer stinks. Prayers for your husband. And LOVED the pics.

Adaptable Kay said...

Oh my gosh, what a scare! No matter how severe or harmless it is, the word 'Cancerous' is still REALLY scary!

I don't blame you for having your nerves frazzled O.o

I'm glad that it's taken care of and I'm sending lots of loving energies your way that it's taken care of for GOOD!

Liz Mays said...

Those screenings are so critical. I'm very, very glad he went to check it out!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it was found early and taken care of ... what a fright!

You will both be in my thoughts and prayers.

~Val

Lorie Shewbridge said...

Hey I wish I'd known about Dave going into the hospital to have this done, I would have added a specific prayer for him.
You know that I pray for your family every day and would have just added a special one.
So glad everything came out OK and that you are able to help other people with your experience.
HUGGLES!

Colette S said...

I'm glad he went to the doctor and it was caught soon and that now he is alright. I hope there will be follow ups. (I don't always trust doctors etc)

That is scary and I do worry about dh with this very thing.

Now I understand your headache.

*HUGS*

Create With Joy said...

Thanks for helping to make my 1st WW party a success - I will be making this a regular feature at Create With Joy, so I hope you'll be a regular participant!

I'm SO very happy that your husband is now ok! I know how scared you must have been! Earlier this year my husband went to the doctor and was diagnosed with a rare form of skin cancer - I was so scared, I couldn't even blog about it! He had to undergo 2 surgeries but thankfully, what was found was removed and he is in remission now. We are praying that it is gone for good.

Have a wonderful 4th and enjoy the Chocolate Chip Muffins I just posted on the recipe linky!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.com

kimmyschemy said...

that's a relief.. glad it isn't that bad after all :)


care to visit MY ENTRY?

kimmy said...

that's a happy picture you got there. sorry though about the mole. hope everything gets better soon..

do you mind checking THIS out?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...