Sunday, January 16, 2011

Monday's Music Moves Me!

Photobucket  


HI EVERYBODY AND WELCOME TO  OUR 20th WEEK OF    
"MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME!"  

Hope you had a great weekend !  So, let's get right down to it and hear some good tunes from all of you!  As Conductor of this SOUND TRAIN let me fill your ears with who's who!  I'm XmasDolly Head Conductor.  (YAY - HERE THE ROAR OF THE CROWD?)  My Co-Conductors:: Lorie from The Shewbridges of Celebration, Florida,(LOUD WHISTLING),  Larry from Cakeblast ,  (APPLAUSE - APPLAUSE)  & last, but not least Callie from JAmericanSpice  (APPLAUSE, ROAR OF THE CROWD, WHISTLES - YAYYYYYYYYYYYY)

ALL ABOARD OUR SOUND LOVE TRAIN to show some blogger luvin'!  We're all eager to greet you at the station here and so ready to blog hop around, and meet new followers & friends! We'd all like to F-O-L-L-O-W U, as soon as you can get here, and leave us your link! So, don't forget to sign our linky; please leave a comment and say hi! Now, if for any reason you cannot do a video on your blog or don't want to you can still dance along with us and listen to everyone's choices. Only thing we ask is grab our button, follow us, and leave us a luvin' comment.

I'm very sorry to say there's been some people just signing our linky, and not playing along.  Not acceptable!   If you're not playing along you will be deleted. There's many ways you can play.  If you don't want to post a video, post a link to a video.  Thank you for your cooperation.
So, are ya ready to ROCK & ROLL? This week's theme is songs of your youth!  Come on you can remember back then, you know high school.  The days of soda, and pretzels and beer!!!  woo hoo!   So without further ado  LET'S GET OUR FUNKY SPUNKY, AND LUBE YOUR GROOVE CUZ IT'S TIME TO ROCK & ROLL! FIND THOSE ROCKIN' BLOGGERS AND TELL THEM DOLLY SENT YOU TO FOLLOW THEM AND LEAD THEM BACK HERE!
So, here's the RULES:

First step:  Run over to You Tube, and lock & load!   Upcoming themes are to you LOWER RIGHT.
Second Step:  Grab our "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button (to your right, under mine)
Third step:  SIGN THE LINKY - Follow your conductors, and grab their buttons too when you visit them and show them some love by leaving a comment.
Finally, venture out by clicking on Fellow Rockin' Bloggers on our Linky or bring some back with you to join us! Drag them back a kickin' and a hollarin' who cares, just bring them back!!! 
THAT'S IT! 
PICK A TUNE, GRAB OUR  BUTTON, FOLLOW US, SIGN OUR LINKY, AND FIND FELLOW ROCKERS AND BRING THEM BACK!   Random.org will pick the partners to showcase next week's "Monday's Music Moves Me" SPOTLIGHT DANCEWOO HOO!  I will e-mail you, and let you know, so please  leave your e-mail address if it's not available at your blog.

RaveRave Girl

HERE'S OUR  "SPOTLIGHT DANCE" COUPLE FOR THIS WEEK!  Those bloggers are:  DRUM ROLL PLEASE: 
Drum Roll



CONGRATS to our Spotlight couple!
1.  #31 Qui feci (Morthen) and  2.  #24 A Christian Home (Doylene)
CONGRATS!


So, traveling back in time.  Let's see I think I was a freshman in highschool when this one was out.  I GET AROUND by the Beach Boys!
WHEW! NOW WASN'T THAT FUN!
So, let's see what about my sophomore year!  How about the "Four Tops" medley:
Oh my gosh, that was fun!  My husband took me to the Paramount Theater to see them just a few years ago, and they're still going strong.  Such Showmen!
And my all time favorite that I danced to a million times is:
Well, that was tons of fun!
LOOK OUT NOW! I'M STILL MOVIN'  HERE!  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
GROVE WITH ME BABY! WHOA!
I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE By: The Infamous "Marvin Gaye"!
THANKS FOR SHOWIN' ME SOME LOVE! 

One Cakeblast Reader will win a coupon for any Free Bob Evans Product up to $4.00 and a coupon for a Free 12oz jar of Maxwell House Instant Coffee up to $8.69!  So, hurry over to Conductor Larry's at "The Cakeblast" ONLY for Monday's Music Moves Me LINKY PLAYERS!~  ENDS TODAY! 

MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME!
4M'S Double Kiss
Visit Amanda, Run DMT and Hairbows & Guitar Picks for more Music Monday fun.

HUGS & LOVE TO ALL!

23 comments:

More Than Words said...

Oh, I love all your music choices here!

Sofa King said...

You liked Motown a lot back then didn't you? They are of the greats I'll give ya that. I remember the Paramount we sure had a great time that night, and those old guys are still going strong.

Qui feci said...

Wow, I'm in the spotlight! :-)
Thank you for sharing this link with us and your great choice of songs in this post.
Best of luck...

Self Sagacity said...

Oh man, fun fun fun songs! Marvin Gaye song put me in the mood.

Anonymous said...

Love the songs! But now I have The Beach Boys stuck in my head! ha ha!

Hazel said...

It's fun finding out about these songs of the 60s. Is that a nice lady in red on the conga? (3rd video)
Happy Monday, Dolly.

Madeline said...

I don't see the linky!

But I did participate!

http://professionallyinsanem.blogspot.com/2011/01/mondays-music-moves-me.html

Madeline said...

Yay! I think the page glitched or something, my internet is weird. I got it !

Crisc said...

I was just trying to singing Grapevine on the Band Hero and it was so hard. It used to be one of my moms favorites so I thought it'd be easy and I'd remember the words =)

Run DMT said...

So you've really date yourself here. lol ;-) Seriously though, these are some classic tunes that I just love too and always get me moving.

Thanks so much for the Music Monday shout. You rock, mama! :-) xox

Unknown said...

I am moving my body...lol, good choice of music!

Stacy Uncorked said...

You have good taste! My girlfriends and I used to listen to a Classics radio station (OK, they called 'em 'Oldies', but we won't go there...) and LOVED singing along to these! :)

MMMM: Trifecta

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

All of these were before my time, but I love them all. I actually have all of these on my iPod,lol.

Peggy said...

Great choices this week Dolly.
Love Marvin!!!
Have a wonderful Musical Day!

Anonymous said...

I love the Four Tops and Marvin Gaye!! Woohoo! Happy MMMM Dolly!!

Lorie Shewbridge said...

What is so funny about these songs is that they are all before my time, but I completely love them. It is one of the things Bill & I have in common - music.
We actually saw the Four Tops also and you're right, they are still AWESOME! Plus, who doesn't love the Beach Boys??? I now have Heard it Through the Grapevine in my head and will have it there all day, but that's not a bad thing. :)
Who knew you had a little soul in you, girlfriend? TeeHee

Liz Mays said...

I sure love Marvin Gaye!!!!

Adaptable Kay said...

Oh, very nice choices Dolly!! Isn't it just so much fun to go back and relive those memories music brings? xD

I know I really enjoyed this weeks theme!

Have a musical week :)

Colette S said...

Dolly you know how to pick em!

Love your choices and they make me seem rather young :)

*hug*

Love the header too.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

~ Noelle said...

I LOVE the beach boys!

Anonymous said...

Marvin Gaye's piece is my favorite of your 3 choices..

RA said...

Wo-ho, I'm dancing along! Great picks. The Beach Boys are my favorite. Congrats to Morthen and Doylene on the Spotlight Dance. Have a wonderful week, everyone.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed this last week I had a migraine and barely got my microfiction posted before i had to stop blogging. Then I did my back in and had to abandon everything for the rest of the week. :O0

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...