Wednesday, January 26, 2011

RECIPES ON WEDNESDAY/WORDFUL WEDNESDAY

This week I'm going to give you a recipe I got from a good friend of mine.  She brings it every year for Thanksmas at my husband's family's house.  It's to die for if you like cranberries!
Haven't decided if I want to open another meme or not.  I may call this my Recipe Wednesday, and we can trade secret family recipe.  Leave me a comment, and let me know if you like the idea.   Sorry I don't have a picture of this, but here's one just for ha ha's!  Have a great day! Don't forget to vote for me on my side bar to win a Blog Make-Over!  Woo Hoo!  THANKS!
This the band we went to see last week.  They're awesome.  They're called Hi-Infeldelity.  The bald-headed guy sounds exactly like Steve Perry of Journey!  WOO HOO!  We had a blast.  More stuff to come, but that'll be in tomorrow's post.

Cranberries & Stuff!
Needed:
1 bag cranberries
1 cup sugar
2 boxes of apricot jello
2 boxes of raspberry jello
2 bags frozen raspberries
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chopped up dried apricots


Boil cranberries according to directions on the bag
Add an extra cup of water
When the cranberries are close to being done add the 4 boxes of jello and stir
Add frozen raspberries and stir
Remove from heat

Once that cools a bit add walnuts and apricots

Note: I have found that it is better to let the mix get close to room temp before you
add the dried apricots and walnuts otherwise they absorb all the liquid.






3 comments:

Joanie said...

That recipe sounds yummy!!!

Faythe said...

reciepe sounds yummy. no vote on the meme idea, since I do not cook much, I don't have many to share ;) hugs~!

Aimee said...

Sounds like something my daughter would like!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...