Thursday, January 6, 2011

Aloha Follow Friday the Over 40 Set is here Flashing back!

 Alicia at More than Words started "Friday Photo Flashback". I'm having a blast & you can too! Dig out your photo album! Don't forget to sign up so we can all visit and comment on each others pics/blogs! IT'S GREAT FUN! You'll love walking down memory lane - just as I do! The above picture is my mom & dad (Carm & Russ).  I'm going to guess this was in the early sixties somewhere.  Not even sure where it was taken.  By the way they were dressed I'm going to say it's a wedding.  My dad passed away in January 30, 1980, and his birthday is January 8th.  Yep, the same day as Elvis Presley like he kept reminding everyone.  So it's a little early,but Happy Birthday Man, I miss you so very much and love you even more!  (When the phrase Man came out I used it so much that we called each other Man for a while.  Just jokin' around).

 
Are you a blogger over 40? Yeah, welcome to the club!
Please join in the fun over at Java's place, and get to know your fellow bloggers at Never Growing Old!!
GRAB JAVA'S BUTTON!  She's such a sweetie!  Thanks Java for hosting a fun meme!
 


"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday a day of rest. So we're doin' the same. On Fridays we're taking it easy on posting. Therefore, our hostess is asking a simple question for you to answer; nothing that requires a lengthy response.

If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the very friendly place of Islandlife808.com. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and find new followers!

My question is: Do you have all your Christmas decorations down yet?

Everything outside is still up.  I have most of the rooms cleaned out (I put decorations everywhere), and the frontroom is half done.  What a job!  WHEW!  Then when I'm done I'm going to be posting about what I got for Christmas.  Right now no one knows except a choice few like NightOwlMama, my daughter.  Love you baby girl!  Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

  Wasn't that fun?  ~hehe~  Have a Great Weekend Everyone, and THANKS for stopping by, and following me.   Oh!  Don't forget about this Monday - "MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME".  This week's theme is a Freebie!  Post whatever song you like.  Surprise me, but let's boogie together!   I truly hope you ALL can make it. It's tons of fun!  Bring a friend!  Hell, bring lots of friends.  We want to PAR - TAY!  Have a great weekend! 

20 comments:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Ah! Isn't just awesome to have old family photos! I am sooo glad that I have ours and also videos, especially those of my mom, and my hubby's parents, since they have passed away. Your parents look like they were having a great time.

Blessings & Aloha!
Thank you again for stopping by!

More Than Words said...

That's a great picture of your folks! And what a coincidence, my sisters birthday is also on the 8th!!!

And yes, all my Christmas decor is down!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Love that picture of your parents - look at those brilliant smiles! :)

I have almost all the Christmas decorations down - the only thing left is the tree. PN and I took the ornaments off, but I've been dragging my feet taking the actual tree down, because that means I'll have to find a place to put all the gifts away that are opened but still under the tree... ;)

Have a great weekend! :)

Aloha: Pets

Stef H said...

i haven't seen my photo albums in years. they're probably up in the loft in the garage somewhere. but it sure is fun seeing YOUR pictures.

meditate huh. funny, sometimes i don't feel stressed at all. i just like my food - lol.

hugs :)

Lisa K said...

Those smiles on your parents are great!! Brought a smile to my face!
I will have to dig up some old pics. and join in, looks like fun.

And to answer the question about the decorations- O YES, our are down.
I have to say I am ready for spring!!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Everything is put away, except some garland I have on my back fence. I missed getting it off and it has now snowed. I will wait until it is dry, to put it away.

Deni said...

yes, we took ours down a few days after christmas so we could set up our new entertainment center and tv

Auntie E said...

No, not yet. working on it.
My Friday question for you

Joanie said...

I didn't put any decorations up, so there's nothing to take down!

Love the photo of your mom and dad!

I am Harriet said...

Yep, they are all down.

Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/01/have-you-ever-had-to-blow-someone-off/

Colette S said...

Your mom and dad made a beautiful couple.
And I know his birthday memories will be special. I didn't even know Elvis was the same day :)

It's hard when we lose a love one.

Yes my holiday decor are down now...except for the wreath on the door! lol

Have a great wekeend.

Charlotte | Life's a Charm! said...

Just so you know, your blog takes too long to load. It must just be me though ...

Anyway, I;m here for Aloha Friday and No, my chirstmas decorations are still up and hopefully I'd be able to put them down before this week ends.

Rach said...

I took mine down yesterday, but sounds like you had a lot more up than I did!

Life With The Boys! said...

Great post...Love the pictures!! :)

kailani said...

Everything except our artificial tree.

Night Owl Mama said...

I totally forgot that Grandpas birthday was Today 1/8. I miss him so much. Do you have any home movies from when we were kids with him in it? I'd love to watch them with you. luv you Me

Laurencita said...

I am sure you have a great mom and dad!

Lorie Shewbridge said...

Well, now I know why you are so sweet... look how happy and loving your mom & dad look - they could only have such a great daughter! Thanks for sharing such a great picture.
We have just our undecorated tree left up. Bill took care of all the rest of while I was sick in bed on Wednesday - such a great guy!

Self Sagacity said...

yes, we absolutely did. no more decorations. yay!

~ Noelle said...

we took the tree down like the day after Christmas... not because we wanted to, but because Broxton wanted to move the ornaments (with pictures)to show everyone... this made it easier

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...