Thursday, January 20, 2011

Aloha Follow Friday the Over 40 Set is here Flashing back!

This was taken the same day! My Babies.
GUESS WHO?
 Alicia at More than Words started "Friday Photo Flashback". I'm having a blast & you can too! Dig out your photo album! Don't forget to sign up so we can all visit and comment on each others pics/blogs! IT'S GREAT FUN! You'll love walking down memory lane - just as I do! This pic was taken in 1982.  I recently came across it when I was putting pics and things away in my cedar chest.  Ah, to be that young again, and know what I know now! LOL  I was 32 yrs. old. 

 
Are you a blogger over 40? Yeah, welcome to the club!
Please join in the fun over at Java's place, and get to know your fellow bloggers at Never Growing Old!!
GRAB JAVA'S BUTTON!  She's such a sweetie!  Thanks Java for hosting a fun meme!
 
"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday a day of rest. So we're doin' the same. On Fridays we're taking it easy on posting. Therefore, our hostess is asking a simple question for you to answer; nothing that requires a lengthy response.
If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the very friendly place of Islandlife808.com. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and find new followers!

My question is:  I haven't seen anyone do a Post about what they got for Christmas.  So, my question is what did you get for Christmas? 

Santa was very good to me.  He got me three GC for a pedicure/manicure.  (love it)  He got me my favorite dusting powder, Jontue, and we did get new desk chairs right before Christmas (LOVE IT), BUT... you're going to have to wait for my big present that I got because I will be doing a Post on it Saturday, and you can see what I got then, but it's just what I wanted.  WOO HOO!

  Wasn't that fun?  ~hehe~  Have a Great Weekend Everyone, and THANKS for stopping by, and following me.   Oh!  Don't forget about this Monday - "MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME".  This week is a FREEBIE!  So, drum up something to ROCK to for me.  I've been doing my morning chores while I listen to all this cool ROCK & ROLL you people have been picking out, and it's making my chores much more enjoyable.  THANKS!   I truly hope you ALL can make it. It's tons of fun!  Bring a friend!  Hell, bring lots of friends.  Have a great weekend! 

26 comments:

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh...you were totally an 80's gal! Love it!

Lorie Shewbridge said...

Love the glamour shot! I had a hairdo like that, too! I love the way your eyes look, that's how you can tell it's you. And the kids look adorable!
I did my post on what I got for Christmas, but I tell you anyway, I got some jewelry: a pair of emerald stud earrings (very purdy), and a pearl necklace/earrings set - hubby has great taste. Plus I got a really nice Mickey Mouse dining table centerpiece that holds candles and a magazine rack that matches. I also got a really nice U.S. Army coffee mug and shot glass. Plus hubby gave me a holiday Barbie Doll. It is a special gift he gives me each year because I never had one as a child. :-)

A Maui Blog said...

I got to go visit my family in the Philippines a week before Christmas. That was my Chrsitmas gift :)

Catherine L. said...

We decided not to exchange gifts.
Have a great weekend!

Cate said...

Wow - talk about an 80s stunner!
Great pics :-)

Smellyann said...

I got a much-needed GPS for all the trips we take, and some yarn I was drooling over. :)

Stacy Uncorked said...

LOVE the pics! Especially your 80's 'do... :)

Hubby spoiled me for birthday and Christmas - but the one thing that really stood out on what he gave me for Christmas was the antique Tiffany watch that was his grandmother's. That thoughtful and beautiful gift got me all misty-eyed. :)

Aloha: Electric or Manual

Auntie E said...

Oh I got lots of Kitchen items. I did post about some of it on my Kitchen blog.
Now the one thing I just love is the Beville milk frother.

Vi said...

I am just stopping by from Aloha Friday. My Christmas gift that I most love was a 6 qt Kitchen Aid Cherry Red Mixer. I have been hinting at one for 4 years and finally got it. I can't wait to here what your gift was! Please feel free to come by and answer my Aloha Friday Question.

http://yeahyoucancallmecrazy.blogspot.com/2011/01/aloha-friday_21.html

Serendipity is Sweet said...

Love the pics! The 80's rocked. And yes, I wish I was 32 again too. I think I could be 32 forever.

For Christmas I got a new desk chair from hubs, super nice! And some new clothes and boots, plus a dutch oven, some needlepoint ornaments from my mom and a museum membership from Dad. It was a great Christmas, but most fun was watching the kids open gifts.

Have a great weekend!

Scatz said...

Lovey flashbook photo. How times flies by before you notice it!

Charlotte | Life's a Charm! said...

lots of jammies, just as i have asked.
and hubby got me a justin bieber doll. i wanted to smack him when i opened the box.

Colette S said...

I almost missed the AL question because I was so busy being mesmerized by you! Whooo fire!

Yes if only to be that young and know what you know now. Sigh.

And yes I told you what I got for Christmas and I told again today too. Go see.

I got a narnia book set. The whole chronicles that I've been wanting forever.
A necklace and earring set.
CDs
calendar

:)

Enjoy the hopping today!

Deni said...

I got clothes and shoes, a new cell phone cover, some accessories...not a whole lot...

I am Harriet said...

I got a reader that I really like a lot.

Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/01/mall-texting-woman-right-or-wrong/

Unknown said...

I got a Keurig Coffee Brewer and a TV/DVD/Radio (the kind that mount under your kitchen cabinet). I'm enjoying both gifts!

Unknown said...

Love the 80's do! Great pics. Wish I could play, but I am supposed to be working!

http://likechristmaseverysingleday.blogspot.com/2011/01/wanna-see-what-we-got-for-christmas.html

We got a pool cover! And it is working great! Every time it rains, I cringe thinking about dragging our old pool cover out of the water. But this one has a drain and it is FABULOUS!! The rain drains through the screen, but the leaves don't! Best Christmas gift ever!!

Barb said...

Happy Friday!

I got an ereader for christmas - my eyes are sooooo happy!! Drop by and say hi and enter my contest!

Barb at Sugarbeat's Books

Valentine's Giveaway

CMash said...

First...I love the hair!!!!!
Second...look out your window....look at all that snow big sis..all that cold brrrrrrrr snow....I got a trip.....an 8 day trip...in April to Aruba!!!!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

We didn't do gifts this year, just for the kids. No $ this year. *sigh*

Christmas is for kids anyway!

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Well, technically I never get anything for Christmas. For Chanukah hubby and I both needed to replace digital cameras that had died, but that wasn't really a gift.

Rach said...

wow christmas feels like a long time ago now! I got a new tv fot the bedtroom and my mum bought me a magazine subscription and the first one arrived today :-)

Adaptable Kay said...

Would you just take a gander at that looker on the screen! LOL I really love how they did that picture xD

Geeee, I wonder what big present Santa brought you....;) I can't wait for the post! Lol

As for me, well I got LOTS of much needed cloths, a very lovely winter jacket, Betty White's book {YAY!}, a nice calendar, and probably some other things I'm forgetting.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love the flashback meme. And could tell by your eyes and smile...you're that blonde! Sure wish time would slow down a little sometimes.

To answer your blog question...I had a wonderful Christmas with my family--best gift...all 5 children under my roof again for a few days. 2nd best gift...the kids went together with my boyfriend and bought me a Disney Dooney & Bourke purse. What sweethearts!

~ Noelle said...

love the photo!
we are either getting ipads or galaxy's... still figuring out which one.. late Christmas presents!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the hair! Thanks for stopping by. I'm already following you so I just voted instead, :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...