Wednesday, January 19, 2011

WORDFUL RECIPE WEDNESDAY

Last Wednesday I gave you a problem I needed fixed, which was my nasty gravy, and you gave me many recipes of your own, and I thank you so much.  This week I'm going to give you my recipe handed down to me from my grandmother (who is from Palermo Sicily).  I may call this my Recipe Wednesday (for as long as they hold out. I only have a few-LOL).  The recipe below is for her FABULOUS Italian Soup.  Sorry, I don't know what they call it in English.  Well, here ya go.  I hope you enjoy it.
HUGE POT - Boil the hell out of chicken (wings or legs) and a beef soup bone - if you can't find a soup bone beef neck bones will do.  Then put in 2 beef bouillon and 2 chicken in.

Can of stewed tomatoes, Can of chicken broth (If you're going to make a huge pot so you can freeze some use 2 cans.

Chop up one small stalk of celery (I only use the leaves in the middle - chopped).
1 onion
1 bag of fresh carrots - chopped
a quarter of a turnip  "
1 parsnip - chopped
3 cloves of garlic

spices:
Garlic, accent, salt, pepper, one bay leaf, oregano, to taste (use celery salt if you don't have it season salt does nicely). 

Bring to a boil and then let simmer for four or five hours stirring occasionally.  Then once the carrots are soft put in the tiny dot noodles adding as much salt as you would if you were cooking them separate, and a tablespoon of olive oil, bring to a boil and then simmer for another half hour - all done.

this is my grandma Nelly's recipe
Bona Petite! 

Wordless Wednesday




12 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

Mmmmmmm!!!! Looks really good!

A Daft Scots Lass said...

looks scrummy!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Looks (and sounds) YUMMY!! :)

WW: Guardian Mask

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

That sounds delicious and thank you for sharing it.

My husband is Italian and he goes nuts for any meal that has tomatoes in it.

Jane said...

Sounds so good, can't to try it, Blessings jane

Heather @ Girl Gone Mom said...

YUM - I have never tried this but I want to now!

Liz Mays said...

That's the first recipe I've ever read where it says boil the hell out of a chicken. You are something!

Colette S said...

Italian is YUM!

I totally have to try this!

I wish I lived next door. I'd show up at your kitchen too often!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to invite you to TheExecMom.com to link up with our Thursday Recipe Blog Hop!

Anonymous said...

I'm a soup lover. Sounds yummy! Will have to give this a try.

Aimee said...

Looks good and this is good soup weather!

Lorie Shewbridge said...

I swear I left a comment here before, I'm completely losing my mind. I remember reading it because it sounded delicious, Bill loves Italian chicken soup.
I'll have to try it sometime soon.
HUGGLES

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...