Thursday, January 27, 2011

Aloha Follow Friday the Over 40 Set is here Flashing back!

Melissa at one week old June of 1980
Big Sis & Little Sis - 1998 Little Sis is the Preemie
 Alicia at More than Words started "Friday Photo Flashback". I'm having a blast & you can too! Dig out your photo album! Don't forget to sign up so we can all visit and comment on each others pics/blogs! IT'S GREAT FUN! You'll love walking down memory lane - just as I do! This pic was taken in 1980.   It's my youngest who was a preemie 3.lbs 2 oz at birth, and I didn't get to take her home until she was 4lbs. 8oz.  She wore doll clothes up until she was a year old. 

 
Are you a blogger over 40? Yeah, welcome to the club!
Please join in the fun over at Java's place, and get to know your fellow bloggers at Never Growing Old!!
GRAB JAVA'S BUTTON!  She's such a sweetie!  Thanks Java for hosting a fun meme!
 

"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday a day of rest. So we're doin' the same. On Fridays we're taking it easy on posting. Therefore, our hostess is asking a simple question for you to answer; nothing that requires a lengthy response.If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the very friendly place of Islandlife808.com. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and find new followers!

My question is:  So what are your plans for Valentines Day?

Probably a nice dinner at home by candlelight and some soft music & a bottle of wine, and my hubby!  What more can a girl ask for?!!!  Have a great weekend everyone, and tomorrow is the last day for voting.  Please vote for me if you have time.  I soooooooooooooo want to win the blog makeover.  Thanks!!!

  Wasn't that fun?  ~hehe~  Have a Great Weekend Everyone, and THANKS for stopping by, and following me.   Oh!  Don't forget about this Monday - "MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME".  This week's theme is:  "Who is your favorite group (present or past)?  You know boy/girl bands etc. !  So, drum up something to ROCK to for me.  I've been doing my morning chores while I listen to all this cool ROCK & ROLL you people have been picking out, and it's making my chores much more enjoyable.  THANKS!   I truly hope you ALL can make it. It's tons of fun!  Bring a friend!  Hell, bring lots of friends.  Have a great weekend! 

20 comments:

More Than Words said...

Aww! What a great picture of your girls!!! My eldest was a preemie (born 4 weeks early), but he was born at 6.3 lb.!

More Than Words said...

OH! And I will go and vote!

And for V-day, we're having dinner with a bunch of our friends!

Smellyann said...

3/4 of my babies were preemies.

Anyway no plans... no clue so far!

CMash said...

Probably out to dinner.
I voted!!!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Awwwwww! So tiny and cute!

We usually don't do big plans for Valentine's Day - usually just a nice dinner in (with wine and candles). I haven't decided if I'm going to cook something special this year, or if we'll order from our favorite place down the road and have hubby pick up dinner. ;)

Aloha: Super Bowl Plans

Deni said...

Don't really have Valentines plans. I think we are doing a date the saturday prior when it won't be crazy busy with lovers! Other than that, something tells me we are going to just stay at home!

sues2u2 said...

We'll have a fun meal w/ the kiddos out somewhere. Probably Chili's or Applebees.
Aloha!

dtbrents said...

Great pictures. I would have been terrified to have a baby that small. She is so cute. They are both cute now. Doylene

Scatz said...

3lb 2oz! Holy Moses!! It is amazinghow they catch up. Lovely pictures and thanks for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

You know I don't actually have any set in stone plans yet, but maybe some thai food and a good movie? I wouldn't turn down some chocolates either. :O)

Hug a tree with me said...

Awww great pic, doll clothes wow thats kinda cool when u look back at it
http://hugatreewithme2.blogspot.com

Becca said...

I have absolutely no plans for Valentine's Day!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

My little girl was 5LBS and I thought she was so small, I can't imagine 3LBS!!

We will make cupcakes for Valentine's Day. I love it.

Colette S said...

wow. doll clothes. I've not seen a preemie in person except in photos but that's just amazing.

Glad she is a healthy woman now.

No valentines plan as yet. Not sure if dh will be here or not.

Charlotte | Life's a Charm! said...

Valentines day is a Monday, which means for us - it's a regular day. Sigh! I so want a movie date!

Pamela M. Kramer - A Renaissance Woman said...

I don't have any.

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Not sure what we will do since hubby is in training all that week. Sometimes we go out before or after for dinner without the kids.

Debbie Petras said...

What a precious little baby you had! Doll clothes; wow she must have been tiny. I'm glad you stopped by Heart Choices as I've missed you too.

As far as Valentine's Day is concerned, I have no idea what we'll be doing. My husband and I will probably have dinner at home ...but together. So that's a good thing!

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I am part of the over 40 club too :( I will be 45 next month actually.

For Valentine's Day, I'm not sure what we are doing, but my birthday is the day before, so I imagine hubs has something special planned :)

~ Noelle said...

we will be doing nothing! lol, just enjoying him being home this year... and after he works all weekend, probably he will be tired... we normally celebrate before or after as its always crazy on the actual day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...