Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR & ONE of MY FAVORITE RECIPES!

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year celebration!  We brought the new year in with Pina Colodas and appetizers!  I made a wonderful dip I totally love, and I will share the recipe with you now.  One of the bad things is you can't stop eating it, and my children love it.  They've been fighting over the bowl for years.  ~hehe~  Now, my husband and I fight over the bowl.  I should've taken a picture last night, but I didn't and to say the least it's all gone.  Sorry I don't know the name, but here's what you do.

Ingredients:  Philadelphia cream cheese (squished with a fork)
                   One of those small cans of V8 juice
                   Pkg. of Italian Seasoning (I like Good Seasons).

Take all these ingredients put them in a bowl, and mix them up really good to where the cream cheese in nice and smooth.  Put it in a pretty bowl, and you've got a wonderful dip for a plate full of raw veggies.  Also, put it in the frig for about 20 minutes.  I serve it with celery, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, cherry tomatoes and sliced mushrooms.  I put a piece of parsley in the middle for decoration.

Totally love that stuff!  Another recipe I got from my sister-in-law (don't know the name of this one either - sorry), it's also a dip.  I usually bring these when I'm asked to bring something.  Everyone knows my recipes.

Ingredients:  1 Philadelphia Cream Cheese, 1 can of chili (with or without beans it's up to you), and a pkg. of shredded Mexican cheese or I've also used just cheddar and mozzarella. 

This one is just a glass dish shaped like a pie pan you take Philadelphia cream cheese and cover the dish with it.  Smash it down with a big table spoon.  Then take your can of chili and spread it all around on top of the cream cheese.  After that you take your shredded cheese and sprinkle on top of the Chili.  After your dish is put together I put it in the microwave for about 2 minutes (until the cheese is melted on top), and serve with taco chips.  mmmmm NUMMMMERSSSSSSSSSS!

So my friends, there you have it.  I'm going to start sharing some recipes with you from time to time that I've collected over the years.  Wait until I tell you the ones I got from my gram and my mother-in-law!

AND WHO WERE YOU KISSING AT MIDNIGHT???
*No one was hurt or injured during the writing of this post.  Baby (our dog) is fine.  ~hehe~

14 comments:

If I Were God... said...

Hello Dolly! (I'm sure nobody ever wrote that to you before)
I didn't even know my 'Follow' button disappeared! Thanks for alerting me. I'll have to have let Blogger know, I'm sure they can fix it. Thanks for tryin'! & happy New Year!

Stef H said...

ooooooooooooo yummy on both recipes. i should have been at your place - lol. i kissed my pillow at midnight. didn't make it. fell asleep around 10:30. the one time i enjoy being old!

happy, happy new year!

hugs :)

The Baby Store Plus said...

How fun! I will have to try that recipe, I am always looking for a tasty dip for veggie trays.

I so love that you hubs was kissing the dog at midnight. The pup looks just like our Molly who passed away Thanksgiving before last. We still miss her so much...I think my hubs would be kissing her at midnight too, lol.

Anna

Blogger Broadcast said...

Sounds great. Should try one of these days. Just stopping by to wish you a Happy New Year.
Tried yesterday but internet died.

karenmed409 said...

Happy New Year, thanks for sharing the recipes.. I voted for a blog makeover for you!

BeeCute said...

Im already your follower! I'd luv the follow back at
http://www.beecute1.blogspot.com

Happy new year!!

Anonymous said...

awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks. lina holzbauer

dtbrents said...

I enjoyed your post. Happy New Year. Doylene

Lorie Shewbridge said...

Love both photos... I know that Dave was kissing YOU at midnight, but the photo of Baby & Dave is adorable, too (I can see the sunlight outside the window).
Those recipes look yummy (esp. the chili one) - I'll have to try them for sure.
Happy new your, dearie!!

Simply Being Mommy said...

Sounds yummy! Happy New Year!

Becky Jane said...

I've got to try your dip recipe! Yum! Yum!

~ Noelle said...

oh Dear Lord..
that recipe makes me want to go to the store to make right now...
thanks for that!
lol
i will be trying this soon

Sofa King said...

Yep, I remember those. I likes the Chili one the best. Hey wait! That's me - I look drunk. Oh brother!

Adaptable Kay said...

Awwww, it sounds like you all rang in the new year with a bang xD

That dip recipe sounds DELICIOUS Dolly, seriously, we are a dip kinda family so we're going to have to try that out sometime!

And I LOVE the picture!!! That is TOO cute :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...