Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Weight Be Gone! One Woman's journey back to good health!

Hi Everyone!  This is my Weight Be Gone Thursday for me.  If you'd like to follow me in my journey you are welcome.  If you'd like to share your own journey feel free to sign my linky below, and I'll come visit you or if you have a great diet recipe that would be appreciated very much. Thank you.  The reason I've started my journey is I had a rude awakening to the reality of life in that I'm not getting any younger, and if I still wanted to lead a fun, and  happy life I had to make  some serious changes.  

Still containing water due to the weather, and due to my shots being only a few days away and then I can start my exercising again & water aerobics I'll be doing better, but I'm so NOT giving up.  I weighed in this morning at... well it's 251 not much difference, but at least I didn't gain.  Maybe I need one of these weight watchers or nutri-system or those surgeries.  I don't know, but I think I'll talk to my doctor about it soon.  I've noticed my blog has moved and I don't know how to fix it.  This is the only one it's doing it.  Any suggestions????


So if you wanna leave me a cool recipe to help me on my quest that would be great or any great ideas for me that's good too.  Also, if you're like me and want to tag along and tell us how you're doing sign my linky and we'll all hop around and see how y'all are doing and swap stories or good things to do to help each other out.  We have to stick together on this.  Thanks so much.  It would be nice to have a bud to talk with regarding weight struggles.



Here's some tips about fruit you might like that I got in an e-mail the other day I'd like to share with you!
 
IF YOUR LIKE ME THEY DONT LAST THAT LONG.
But here's a good Berries idea...  a friend e-mailed this to me, so I'm sharing with by bloggy friends!

Good Idea!!

This is an awesome piece of info!  We eat fresh fruit every day and because we eat a little of each (Banana, Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Grapes, Cantaloupe, Pineapple & Watermelon) every day the berries start to go bad quickly and end up in the garbage. Not anymore thanks to this great tip.   

The key to preventing moldy berries...


Berries are delicious, but they're also kind of delicate.  Raspberries in particular seem like they can mold before you even get them home from the market.  There's nothing more tragic than paying $4 for a pint of local raspberries, only to look in the fridge the next day and find that fuzzy mold growing on their insides.    Well, with fresh berries just starting to hit farmers markets, we can tell you that how to keep them fresh!  Here’s a tip I’m sharing on how to  prevent them from getting there in the first place:   

Wash them with vinegar.

  When you get your berries home, prepare a mixture of one part vinegar (white or apple cider probably work best) and ten parts water.  Dump the berries into the mixture and swirl around. Drain, rinse if you want (though the mixture is so diluted you can't taste the vinegar,) and pop in the fridge.  The vinegar kills any mold spores and other bacteria that might be on the surface of the fruit, and voila!  Raspberries will last a week or more, and strawberries go almost two weeks without getting moldy and soft.  So go forth and stock up on those pricey little gems, knowing they'll stay fresh as long as it takes you to eat them.   You're so berry welcome!



 
**********************************************************************

 By learning, you will teach.  By teaching, you will learn.
                                                            - Latin Proverb
post signature

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Dolly. Was going through my reader and saw that you're on a weight loss venture too. I just started a new blog JUST for my attempt to get fit. Nice to know there are others out there. I have weigh ins every Monday and you're more than welcome to link up there. Would love to have you.

Rebecca said...

I've hit a wall in my weightloss i want to go back to WW but can't afford it and trying to do it on my own so not working.

Liz Mays said...

Love that vinegar trick. I'm gonna try it, because raspberries DO go bad way too quickly!

Adaptable Kay said...

You know in the back of my mind I did know that! Why we STILL don't do that is beyond me though. LOL

When I get better, I'm going to give it a try and see what happens!

Lorie Shewbridge said...

You're doing a great job. I don't know how you can do all you do with all the pain you're in. So glad that you're going to get your shots soon.
Thanks for the tip on the vinegar with the fruit, I never knew that. I'm going to use that with apples because I just read a study that they are THE dirties fruit you can buy. YUK!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...