Thursday, July 12, 2012

Aloha Friday Photo Flashback & more!

Alicia at More than Words started "Friday Photo Flashback". I'm having a blast & you can too! Dig out your photo album! Alicia is back!  Woo Hoo!  Welcome back Alicia. So everyone stop by Alicia's and hook up with her after you pull out your old pictures to share with us.

August , 1951  This is my brother who's 6 and myself two months and my Mommy and I have no clue who that guy is, and that's the apartment we owned in Bridgeport (Chicago), Illinois.  I knew the month by the calender on the wall.  I love to look at the background stuff in the old pics.

Stacy
Stacy has a link too!  She's my bud, so check her place out too!





******

"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday a day of rest. So we're doin' the same. On Fridays we're taking it easy on posting. Therefore, our hostess is asking a simple question for you to answer; nothing that requires a lengthy response.If you’d  like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the very friendly place of Islandlife808.com. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and find new followers! 

My question is: When you were little what was your favorite meal your mom made and which was the one that grossed you out?



My Mom use to make the greatest meatballs and her Italian salad was fab her spaghetti sauce was bland.  I think Mom was busy the day gramma was teaching her girls how to make sauce from the old country (hehehe sorry mom), but the worse one OMG I raised such a fit not to eat it was her chop suey.  GAG ME WITH A SPOON!  So, they finally got tired of me fussing and Dad would make me a bowl of rice with milk & sugar.  mmmmm really good for a kid.  I loved it!




Wasn't that fun?  Have a Great Weekend Everyone, and THANKS for stopping by, and following me.   Oh!  Don't forget"MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME".   This week's theme is "Gone, but not forgotten. A tribute to those amazing artists we've lost recently! Contributed by our friend Kirsten at GONE BANANAS - THANKS MUCH!" ALSO, the 98th week of our 100th wk celebration give-away .  One Grand Prize and four other prizes.  WOO HOO  We will pull the "5" Winners on the 100th week in the afternoon!   HUGS  & Have a great weekend!


DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT MY GIVE-AWAYS WHILE YOU'RE THERE~THANKS A BUNCH!  Please follow me in the new follower Linky Follower - thanks! (Even if you're already following in GFC.  GFC has closed down).
HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZ

17 comments:

Smellyann said...

I remember once my mother made chicken a la king, and my sister and I were so horrified, I can't think about it without a shudder to this day. It's hard to remember what she made that I loved, because she died very young (33), when I was seven. Ravioli, maybe?

Forgetfulone said...

Liver and onions grossed me out (and now she swears she never made it, but my sister and I know the truth). The best was probably hot dogs and mac and cheese! LOL

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh..you are just like me! I ALWAYS look to see what is in the background!! Maybe the guy in the picture is a cousin??

And what meal grossed me out?? Hmm..I'll have to think on that one because my dad did most of the cooking!!

More Than Words said...

OH!! I linked you up!!! I forgot to add it to my post. :)

A Daft Scots Lass said...

My mum has never been the best cook, in fact she used to burn everything. I guess we got used to the taste of everything pretty much frazzled to a cinder. One thing she could make that we loved was her potato and leek veggie soup. Yummy! (if she didn't burn it)

Happy Friday the 13th, my friend.

Liz Mays said...

I loved something she called Roman Supper, and I despised her salmon souffle. Makes me shiver to think of it still.

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

I love, love, loved my mother's chicken soup with matzoh balls. The item I could not stand, meatloaf.

~ Noelle said...

ha ha ha.. i don't remember my mom really cooking... i know, that is sad, isn't it?
i do remember my Nana making mac n cheese, english peas and lemon pepper chicken...
hope you are well, i just love your old photos!!!!!!

http://jumpin-beans.blogspot.com/2012/07/aloha-friday-living.html

Rebecca said...

my favorite was always mom's meatloaf worst was her Lima beans

Cathi said...

Liver and onions was my favorite. Once I married and tried making it myself it became my least favorite. In fact I NEVER ate it again. Ignorance can be bliss! ;)

Stacy Uncorked said...

I always adore your old pictures - very smart looking in the background to figure out when it was! :)

My mom wasn't a very good cook - my dad joked that when they got married all she knew how to make was hot dogs and soup. :) My great-grandmother (who taught me to cook) gave her some pointers and her spaghetti was my favorite. Least favorite, believe it or not, was anytime we'd have steak...she always fried it until it was completely dead (and chewy) and it was so hard to choke that down any time she made it. It was years later when a friend taught me how to cook a steak the right way before I fell it love with it. ;)


The Sears Auto Center Incident

I am Harriet said...

I guess what grossed me out then is now just a sweet memory. She was into Rice a Roni themed meals.



Have a great weekend!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2012/07/what-is-the-warmest-temperature-you-have-ever-experienced/

Adaptable Kay said...

Don't you just love looking at old pictures and finding someone you have no idea who they are? LOL It's like, who is that guy/girl and why is he in the picture?!

I can't remember when I was really young, but I know one meal that I'm not so fond of is my mom's hash (potatoes, steamed cabbage, and ground meat)-Too bland for my liking.

Pretty much everything she makes though is delicious!

Colette S said...

It's amazing how little we were once eh. I wish I had baby photos.

I didn't grow up with my mother. The orphanage made crappy food all the time. But you eat to live.

Happy weekend.

CMash said...

My Mom was an excellent cook and baker. So many enjoyable meals/recipes that it would take me days to list. But I can answer, which was the one I HATED, liver and onions. YUCK

Lorie Shewbridge said...

I love the photo of you as a baby in your mommy's arms. =)

My mom really wasn't a terrific cook, but I do remember her Sweedish Meatballs, that was my favorite meal, it was her mom's recipe. Her maiden name Swanson, so it may even have been a family recipe, I'm not sure.
The meal that she made that would make me gag was liver... UGH!!! Or anytime she made peas. I cannot eat peas at all they make me vomit.

kailani said...

My favorite meal was corn chowder. I did not like her beet salad. To this day I cannot eat beets. LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...