Thursday, July 26, 2012

Aloha Friday Photo Flashback with a little Friendship on the side!

Do you know what these are?  These were my mom's WORLD WAR II WAR RATIONS for gas during World War II.  Can you believe it?  I mean "DAM"!  hehehe
And this was my Mommy back then too!  She was 4' 10" & a little hotty, right?  lol
Alicia at More than Words started "Friday Photo Flashback". I'm having a blast & you can too! Dig out your photo album! Alicia is back!  Woo Hoo!  Welcome back Alicia. So everyone stop by Alicia's and hook up with her after you pull out your old pictures to share with us.



Question Of The Week:   What are your favorite summer recipes?
Friendship Friday

Personally... and in fact, I just made it tonight.  I make my salad with everything in there I like.  I start with my lettuce bag (you know the one with carrots etc. all chopped up), and then I put a handful of feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, half of chopped onion, some pieces of chicken meat,  avocado, and cherry tomatoes all topped with light buttermilk ranch dressing.  It's sooooooo good!  Especially on a day like today!







******

"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday a day of rest. So we're doin' the same. On Fridays we're taking it easy on posting. Therefore, our hostess is asking a simple question for you to answer; nothing that requires a lengthy response.  If you’d  like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the very friendly place of Islandlife808.com. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and find new followers! 

My question is:  Do you think we'll ever need to have (War) Rations again? 

Wow!  That is one loaded question, isn't it?  I think with the way economy is going now, yes!  I do believe we are going to be rationed on something.  Not sure what yet, but if this economy doesn't straighten up in one way or the other will have rations on something.  Especially with this planet and the way its been acting.  Instead of blowing our money to find out if a rats ear hairs is the secret ingredient to making better gasoline how about putting our studies on where can we grow vegetables and not have it cost an arm and a leg to consumers.  How are we going to take care of our animals, live stock, when it's too hot outside and there's no grass to feed them?  Some day we could have rations not only for gasoline, but what about FOOD?  Will the Sci Fi movies come to pass where the pink pill will be breakfast and the blue for lunch and purple for supper and the little green one for a midnight snack!  




Wasn't that fun?  Have a Great Weekend Everyone, and THANKS for stopping by, and following me.   Oh!  Don't forget"MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME".   This week's theme is " FUNNY SONGS".  It was a big hit last time we did it so let's go another round!  ALSO, It's our 100th week & it's finally here.  YES!  THIS IS IT!  Our Gala Celebration of 100 wks. Rockin' & a Rollin' with y'all IS HERE!  TIME TO CELEBRATE AND RANDOM.ORG WILL PULL OUR WINNERS PROMPTLY AT NOON ON JULY 30TH CST.    One Grand Prize and four other prizes.  WOO HOO  "5" Winners shall be announded!  So stick around for the fun!   HUGS  & Have a great weekend!  Also, GOOD LUCK TO EVERY ONE!  HURRY AND GET ALL YOUR ENTRIES IN!

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT ALL MY GIVE-AWAYS WHILE YOU'RE HERE~THANKS A BUNCH!  Please follow me in the new follower Linky Follower TOO - thanks! 

HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

12 comments:

More Than Words said...

I'm always amazed by all the things you have!!! Those are definitely treasures!! And yes..your mama was a hottie!! OHH..and I added you on the linky!

Catherine L. said...

It's possible, but I doubt it will happen in my lifetime.

CMash said...

I sure hope not. Have a great weekend Big Sis!

Unknown said...

I do the same thing with my salad... only no feta cheese... and I love hard boiled eggs in it. I could eat that every single day of my life! (boring, huh?)

MMAR said...

This question makes me sad for our nation because it could possibly happen!!

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

I don't think we will know until it happens. The political mess happening has taken years to get to this point. Right now, I keep focus on my family and things that need my attention. Hard to do in an election year, but I don't have time to listen to their bickering when my children need my help with more important issues.

Cathi said...

I think there's a good possibility with the state of our country and the world. I hope not but I am fearful. :(

Unknown said...

I love the old picture, my grandma was also 4'10" though somehow I am 5'10" hahah.

Colette S said...

Wow such a treasure! Your mom was a cute , petite woman!

I think if we do not curb our waste, then surely we'll go back to rations. Humans tend not to learn and repeat history.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Oh wow! How cool is that old war ration book?? I love it that you have all this cool old stuff - girl after my own heart! :) And your mom was just a tiny little thing, wasn't she?

Favorite summer recipe is anything on the grill - my own BBQ Ribs is at the top of the list. ;)

Hope we won't need war rations again - that would be a scary prospect!

I deleted my linky - no one was linking up (the reason I stopped having it before). Might bring it back again in the fall, we'll see! ;)

Have a great weekend, Marie! :)


Spontaneous Comedic Moments

Adaptable Kay said...

That is quite an interesting and thought provoking question my CM!

I think you may be right with the way the economy is headed; I mean SOMETHING is going to have to go 'war ration' way, right?

Unless it shapes up which I don't see happening too soon.

I love all your old pictures. Your mom reminds me of my great Aunt Winona May; she was just a tiny little thing ^.^

Have a great weekend!

Vicki said...

What neat stuff!! I've never seen them before. Love the photo of your mom!! It's not often I see someone shorter than me, but I'm 2" taller than her!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...