Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WEIGHT BE GONE! ANYONE HAVE ANY EXTRA WILL POWER TO SHARE!

Hi Everyone! This is my Weight Be Gone Thursday. If you would like to follow me in my journey you are welcome, and if you'd like to share your own journey feel free to sign my linky below, and I'll come visit you, and read your story too! If you have a great diet recipe you would like to share I'd appreciate it very much.

The reason I've started my journey is I had a rude awakening to the reality of life's threats in that if I still wanted to lead a fun, and somewhat of a meaningful happy life I had to make  some serious changes.  


Still containing water due to the weather, and I've even been wearing those knee highs that don't do a dam bit of good except make my leg feel like it has a rubberband around it "OUCH", and due to my shots being only "4" days away THE PAIN just keeps shouting at me and doesn't let me sleep much.   I weighed in this morning at... well it's 254 not much difference, but at least I didn't gain too much.  Maybe I need one of these weight watchers or nutri-system or those surgeries.  I don't know, but I think I'll talk to my doctor about it soon. 

So if you wanna leave me a cool recipe to help me on my quest that would be great or any great ideas for me that's good too.  Also, if you're like me and want to tag along and tell us how you're doing sign my linky and we'll all hop around and see how y'all are doing and swap stories or good things to do to help each other out.  We have to stick together on this.  Thanks so much.  It would be nice to have a bud to talk with regarding weight struggles.


 

How Water Retention Causes Weight Gain

Losing weight can be pretty confusing if you don't know about water weight retention. Every healthy adult in the world has to deal with water retention and the weight gain that comes with it. Water weight is the culprit in more than a few cases of sudden weight gain.

To cut right to the quick of it: day to day fluctuations in weight are almost always caused by loss and gain in bodily fluids. Water retention weight gain is really the most common type of weight gain.

So, it's possible to retain up to five pounds or so of water weight. The heavier you are the more water retention you're likely to experience, especially if you eat more processed foods, as these tend to contain a lot more water than raw ingredients.

Even though day-to-day water gain typically only makes up a few pounds of weight, it's not uncommon to put on a whopping ten pounds of water weight around the holidays.

Water weight has a few different causes, but the most common would have to be an increase in sodium. Don't even bother trying to get on a sodium-free diet, as pretty much all food products contain some degree of sodium. In other words: if you're eating, you're eating sodium. Weight gain is always a combination of increased fat and water retention.  (From http://www.weightlossforall.com/water-retention-weight-gain.htm).


This was in 1992 and yep, it's me.  I want to look like that again! 






6 comments:

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

e-mail me directly or talk to me on FB. We are in this together.

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colette S said...

You can look like that again. I've seen so many miracle of real stories and hard work.

Definitely find out about one of those diet systems too. It's a whole rehaul of your lifestyle and that does include all the food intake etc.

*HUGS*
You can do it darling!

Colette S said...

Oooh and look at you back then. On fire!

Rebecca said...

girl look at you being all fierce and gorgeous. you will get there again soon by the way I found this great website thanks to other bloggers called my fitness pal where you can record calories, fat, fiber, sodium all for free here's the link http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ if you decide to join it let me know i'll come over and friend you.

Adaptable Kay said...

You're a tough one my CM so I have no doubt in my mind you'll look fit and fabulous like that again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...