Sunday, April 15, 2012

Monday's Music Moves Me!

Photobucket   
 

WELCOME TO OUR 85th WEEK OF...    
"MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME"
   XmasDolly,  Lorie of  The Shewbridges of Central, Florida,   CALLIE of  JAmericanSpice, & Stacy of Stacy Uncorked, AND Cathy Kennedy as Honorary Co-Conductor all this month!  I will pick one every month.  NOW LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED CUZ WE'RE EAGER TO FOLLOW U as your train arrives.  

Today's theme is a "FREEBIE".
 Rules:
1.  You Tube, and lock & load! 
2.  Grab "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button.
3.  SIGN LINKY , Follow us, grab our buttons & leave us a Rockin' comment from your BAD selves!
Finally,Boogie down to your Fellow Rockin' Bloggers on our Linky or bring some back with you to join us! Drag them back kickin' and hollarin' who cares, just bring them all back!!!  

Random.org picks two people to showcase in our 4M SPOTLIGHT DANCE & I will e-mail & let you know.   

RaveRave Girl
Drum Roll OUR  "SPOTLIGHT DANCE" COUPLE IS:  (DRUM ROLL PLEASE) 


 "OUR SPOTLIGHT COUPLE"
    1.  #10 Shary Loves You  ***Due to miscommunication Shary is not joining us today.  Sorry for any confusion.
CONGRATS!  APPLAUSE!
Grab your button for "Spotlight Dancers"  & show it off !
 DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW!


That's me up there believe it or not back in 1995 or so...
The Band was called "Perfect Chaos"!  I played keys and was back up vocalist.  First here are a couple of leads I did.  *By popular demand I will try to get one video of our band for you guys, but no laughing!  ALL OF YOU SO ROCK!  LOVE YOU ALL & THANKS FOR BEING HERE.

Linda Ronstadt - When will I be loved.

Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around


Concrete Blonde - Joey

 


John Mellencamp - Cherry Bomb (This one I played the accordion and sang the female part

 

Those were the days my friends!  Mary Hopkin
And this one just because I always liked it - Mama Cass
 (we didn't play the last two I just threw it in for good measure - lol)!

PEACE, LOVAND ROC& ROLL!
Visit Run DMT, and JadeLouise Designs w/linky  for more Music Monday fun.
Hope you had fun, and here's hopes to see you next time, and bring a friend!
Anyone would like to subscribe to my channel on You Tube it's
http://www.youtube.com/xmasdolly 
THANKS A BUNCH!


post signature

14 comments:

Danielle S said...

These are some nice old songs. I have Those were the Days on the computer, but I remember Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty. Thanks for all the great songs this week.
Danielle

Karen Mortensen said...

Some good choices. I love that first one. That was my theme song when I was single.

dollycas aka Lori said...

Too bad they didn't catch you on video back then, those would have been fun to see!!
Great choices! Have a great week!!

Rachel said...

Those are some of my favorites! Wonderful choices!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Those are all great classics, Marie! Love all of your choices! :)


Springsteen with Boots On; Hey Pretty Girl Tonight Is The Night

Cathy Kennedy said...

Wow, I always learn something new about you. You were back up vocals in a band. That's so cool. You totally rock!

Mama Cass's Dream A Little Dream of Me is one of my favorites. I loved the YouTube video of the old Smothers Brothers TV show. That was one of my favorites wayback when. =D

Run DMT said...

Great songs! I hadn't heard some of those in AGES. Am I aging myself by saying that? lol

So where's the recording of you singing those songs? I want to hear your version. :-)

Colette S said...

I was peeking to see you Dolly. That is a great experience!

Thanks for sharing your tunes.

Enjoy your week!

Lorie Shewbridge said...

Loved your songs... I would like to hear you singing them, though.
I also love Mama Cass, so thanks for sharing that last song with us. It was adorable. =)
Have a great week.

Lorie Shewbridge said...

BTW, I think the Designated Riders needs a female backup singer. =)

Adaptable Kay said...

Oh, Oh, Oh! I wanna see you doin' your music thang CM! xD

These are all new songs to me so thank you so much for sharing!

Have a musical week ^.^

Lucy said...

Oh,would love to see you singing!!

I love Stevie Nicks, one of my favorite gal singers and I so enjoyed Dream a little Dream, by Mama Cass Elliot!
Have a wonderful week :)

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

NIce tunes there Ms. Dolly!
I am here and rockin' out. COme on by.
~Naila Moon

http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/2012/04/mondays-music-moves-me-april-16th.html

Blogger Broadcast said...

Love love -stop dragging my heart around...i guess because no one has done that to me...if I had experienced it - I would be saying I hated the song instead...lol, haha. thanks for the meme.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...