Tuesday, April 5, 2011

YANNI "Truth of Touch"


A scholar amongst musicians!

Yanni to Play in Peoria, Il.

And so start's Yanni's tour.  Yanni will spend 66 days on the road in North America before playing internationally known venues like The Acropolis, the Taj Mahal and the the Royal Albert Hall in England.
Yanni's touring manager, Ron Doroba, says "There's an energy that comes with this particular band and Yanni playing live that he captures in the studio records but you have to be here and feel it to actually get the full sense of how big these songs are."  The show introduced music from Yanni's new album, "Truth of Touch."  (Revised from news article written by:  Joe Bennett).

“I work the rhythms in this album,” explains Yanni about the new material. “There is a beautiful complexity in these rhythms, a new sound design. I think the melodic content is very strong and very memorable. I was having fun with this album and that’s going to become apparent.”

Now, I just listened to every single song on this new album, and I am truly blessed to have heard such melodic miracle come from his most talented heart and soul because truly that has to be what he puts into his gifts to the world.  After hearing them I come to the conclusion that my most favorite (because they're all my favorites is "A Flash of Color".  Just close your eyes and listen.  It's totally amazing what you hear, and what you'll see.  Yanni is truly a prophet of the music world.

Yanni and his orchestra have given the world a most beautiful gift.  What's more amazing to me is Yanni is a self-taught pianist, and composer.  Yanni is known all over the world, and much more known in Greece I'm sure where he was born.  In 1992, Yanni had a grammy nomination for his “Dare to Dream” album!

In his new album is full of emotion, and totally makes you smile that there can be such talent on one CD much less in the whole world.  His new “Truth of Touch”, has 15 of the most excellent tunes put together for your listening pleasure.  It will truly amaze you, but most of all touch your heart.
             
Also, here's a video I found on You Tube that's called, "FOR ALL SEASONS", which I happen to think is too cool!  Check it out!
Yanni has proven to be blessed with both faith and passion, and his cup over floweth with sharing of this talent.  There are a lot of exciting tours etc. ahead for Yanni. Come back to www.Yanni.com for tour and new music updates.  There are plans in the works for international (including the US) appearances in 2011 as well as new compositions.


Yanni’s “Truth of Touch” album was released on 2.11.11, and since that date March 22nd, Yanni announced the launch of a 40-day tour of the U.S. going from coast-to-coast!! Click HERE to get a "Truth of Touch" CD for yourself!  Yanni is definitely mesmerizing, and moving to the soul.   

Yanni can be found at his Website  (you can also get on his e-mail list at his website),
Facebook  and Twitter!

 Disclaimer:  No compensation was received for this post. I received a copy of "Truth of Touch" to download on my computer in order to facilitate my honest review. 

7 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

That was lovely to listen to. Thanks for sharing.

Colette S said...

This is a really good piece too.

I guess he is still selling out the crowds huh!

Wow, very nice.

Adaptable Kay said...

That's a really beautiful video! I really love the music :) I'm a big fan of more 'non-traditional' music-You know, more instruments and sounds aside from the normal guitar, bass, drums, and singer.

This definitely appeals to me musically, that's for sure :D

Thanks for such a great review!

Anonymous said...

I have always LOVED Yanni and his music. I started listening to him a long time ago after I found out He was either married or dating Linda Evans from Dynasty. She was my favorite. So I started listening and have been a fan of his ever since. Excellent post and Mahalo for sharing.

Night Owl Mama said...

Yanni music has touch many I had no idea he was touring thanks so much for the information

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

I was very fortunate to get to see him live in St. Louis. Oh was it awesome! I am the fan for sure!
Glad to see that he is back.
Peace...Naila Moon

Rhonda Albom said...

Nice. I have been a Yanni fan for years.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...