Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Knit one, Pearl two... this is what I'd like to do!

I am retired, and on disability. I work out of my home as a transcriptionist. During my off time I blog.  In 2005, I was laid off (legal secretary) because the firm went under.  Taking some time off due to a very painful back & other symptoms I was diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis.  Due eminent surgery I retired, and I started working out of my home typing for lawyers at first then I started working for a company.  I've been taking a lot of medication for things, and that's when it happened.  I started losing my hair.
 
 Now, I've always had long hair, so I would like to try the Pantene Medium-Thick: “Smooth into the 2nd” Day” from the Medium-Thick frizzy to smooth collection.  The Head & Shoulders Hair Endurance for Men: Thicker looking hair in one week – guaranteed.   For my husband because he's been getting that widow's peak, and quite thin on the top, and he's a musician, so his hair needs some help too!  Then there's CoverGirl LashBlast Fusion: Fiberstretch formula + oversized brush for a dramatic blast of volume + length.  My hair is really long as you can see.   I think that brush may help some.

Now,Stacie at The Divine Miss Mommy wanted us to write a blog post about something in your life that you haven’t tried yet.   Now, I can crochet, but I cannot knit and I would really love to learn.  I've made potholders when I was a little girl, and my mother taught me how to crochet a rug, which I graduated from rugs to blankets, and scarves, but that's my limit.  It's very soothing, and gives me a sense of accomplishment.  I don't even know how to read a pattern for crocheting or knitting, so I would like to learn that too.  I have nine grandchildren, so I'd like to knit them gloves, hats, sweaters all kinds of things.


My Post is being published because I wanted to enter the contest being held by Stacie of The Divine Miss Mommy for one winner win a free trip to Miami to attend the VIP media event on February 17 to experience the Pop-up/brand demonstrations before it opens to the public.  Doesn't that sound so exciting.

It's being held by Proctor & Gamble, and not ever being to one of these media events I would really like to experience the event.  Besides it sounds like mega fun, and of course highly informative about P&G products.  I was one of the first to announce the opening of P&G on line (eStore), and it sure has come a long way fast.  Now I have never been to Miami, and I would love to come with my daughter & spend some quality time together.  She's has four children, and we both need to get away (and not by Calgon - lol).  Thanks to Stacie and P & G for this fabulous opportunity!

*Disclaimer:  Opinion in this Post is 100% my own and no monetary compensation was given. 

2 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

Good luck!

Jane said...

i hope you get to go on the trip,sounds like fun. I have read that if you cut your hair by the waxing of the moon ,your hair will thicken up,haven't tried it myself but need too. Blessings jane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...