Thursday, September 6, 2012

Flashback Friday & Aloha Friday & any others I find.

http://crazymamasblog.blogspot.com

My Mom as a Candy Striper during World War II 1942
and here;s one more...


My Dad in 8th Grade 1936 he's the 1st one top roll right hand side.

                                        



******

"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday a day of rest. So we're doin' the same. On Fridays we're taking it easy on posting. Therefore, our hostess is asking a simple question for you to answer; nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d  like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the very friendly place of Islandlife808.com. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and find new followers! 

Actually I have 2 questions this week:  1.  Looks like I'm going to need some new Friday Blog hops.  Any suggestions that are fun?  And my 2nd question is:   I'm taking a poll!  When you think of a costume party granted some of us think of Halloween, but not necessarily right?  You've heard of Toga parties, or a luau or maybe you would dress up for a theme party like Country or St. Patricks day.  So, how many of you would think it odd if I had a costume party this Saturday??? Just curious. 

Well I am having a Family/Friend Reunion Costume Party on Saturday.  So far all my friends thinks it's a great idea so we can party in the nice weather outside instead of freezing at Halloween & everyone gets to see it instead of your coat.  So what do you think?  Kids to by the way.

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT ALL MY GIVE-AWAYS WHILE YOU'RE HERE~THANKS A BUNCH!  Please follow me in the new follower Linky Follower TOO - thanks!  

HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

have a wonderful weekend and can you send me an email telling me how to find unique visitors again i lost your other email somewhere. thank you

CMash said...

Doesn't sound odd, sounds like fun. There are events such as Christmas in July, right? I think no matter what theme party you host, a party with family and friends is what counts. Have a lot of fun!!!

MMAR said...

No... have one!! Costume parties are so FUN!!

Colette S said...

Love the memory photos. What is a candy stripper?

1 i don't do plenty hops. I don't have the screen time with kids about.

2. A party is always fun! Turn up the music!

Menopausal New Mom said...

I think costume parties are fun any time of the year and as long as there is going to be wine, I'm in ;)

Have a great Friday & Weekend!

Menopausal New Mom said...

I think costume parties are fun any time of the year and as long as there is going to be wine, I'm in ;)

Have a great Friday & Weekend!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Costume parties are timeless - and so much fun!! Can't wait to see pictures of your party! :)

LOVE the old pictures, as usual! :)

Have a great weekend, Marie! :)


Four Years

I am Harriet said...

I think many memes/hops have really bit the bullet. I'm hoping it's all temporary.

Have a great Aloha Friday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2012/09/can-you-believe-9-11-will-be-11-years-old-next-week/

Cathi said...

Not at all but I would give everyone ample time to come up with the chosen theme costume! Have fun!!!

~ Noelle said...

i say your party will be awesome!
can not wait to see the pictures from it...
you do have a point about showing off your costume and not your jacket :)

Adaptable Kay said...

I love that picture of your mom! So neat you have such tangible memories you can look back on :)

To answer your questions, I don't know of any Friday hops besides AF and I do correlate costume parties with Halloween, but I try not to!

Lucy said...

I enjoy Hilary's Friday Four Fill In at Feeling Beachie, I didn't do it this past Friday, I was out of town but I did do it on Friday, August 31st, you can grab the Link and check out her Friday Hop.

I love your Friday Flashback photos. I am hoping to scan some old photos soon and hope to participate.

Hope your party was fun :)

Unknown said...

sweetie, can you email me at roungda@gmail.com so that I can email you the next week theme? hugs shakira

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...