Sunday, September 18, 2011

Monday's Music Moves Me

 
Photobucket   
 

WELCOME TO OUR 56th WEEK OF...    
"MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME"
  XmasDolly  Head Conductor here!   Lorie of  The Shewbridges of Central, Florida,   CALLIE from JAmericanSpice,  and my good Bud Stacy from Stacy Uncorked ! (APPLAUSE).  LARRY FROM CAKEBLAST HAS YET TO JOIN US DUE TO COMPUTER PROBLEMS.  WISH YOU LUCK LARRY!  ARE YOU READY TO ROCK & ROLL EVERYONE?  GRAB A FRIEND AND COME ON DOWN!

ALL ABOARD!  We're eager to greet you at the station, and we're  F-O-L-L-O-W-I-N-G  YOU as soon as your train arrives.  So, leave your link a rockin' comment check our linky for your next stop!  Rock to the tunes AND FOLLOW!  Don't forget GET THOSE NEW NEIGHBORS!


 If you DO NOT want to do a video or can't you can still dance with us and listen to everyone's choices, but we do ask that you grab our button, follow us, and leave us a luvin' comment & maybe just put a link up to one would be great; FOLLOW - FOLLOW YOUR NEIGHBORS & drop a line!

*NOTICE!  R rated videos must come with a "warning" Viewer needs to choose Whether to watch or not  in case children are around!  I will label it myself in the linky if I find that you are not!

ALSO: Using our linky for Advertising give-aways, and/or for followers will be IGNORED & MARKED - NO SONG!  Players may choose to ignore with us. However, if you choose to Post your video & then a give-away it's fine with us as long as you're Rockin' Along (AND I get to enter - ~snicker-snicker).
      NOW LET'S ROCK THIS PLACE~
So, are ya ready to rock & roll?   I SAID ARE YOU READY TO ROCK & ROLL?
Today's theme is  from our friend "Cathy Kennedy".  She would like you to do a song in the year you were born.  Doesn't have to be the day just the year is fine!  
So now everyone will know I was born in the age of the Dinosaurs!  Oh boy!  ~snicker~

 Rules:
First:  You Tube, and lock & load!   Themes on the RIGHT.
Secondly:  Grab "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button (on the right).
Third:  SIGN LINKY , Follow us (see above), grab our buttons & leave us a Rockin' comment from your BAD selves!
Finally,Boogie on down to your Fellow Rockin' Bloggers on our Linky or bring some back with you to join us! Drag them back kickin' and hollarin' who cares, just bring them all back!!!  
THAT'S IT! 
TUNE, GRAB OUR  BUTTON, FOLLOW US, SIGN LINKY, AND FIND FELLOW ROCKERS AND BRING THEM BACK  Random.org picks two people to showcase in our 4M SPOTLIGHT DANCE!  WOO HOO!  I will e-mail you if I can find your e-mail address, and let you know, so please leave your e-mail address if it's not available at your blog.   

RaveRave Girl
AND OUR  "SPOTLIGHT DANCE" COUPLE IS:  (DRUM ROLL PLEASE) 
Drum Roll
INTRODUCING "OUR SPOTLIGHT COUPLE"
    1. #23 Just the stuff
    2.  #31 Planet Weidknecht
CONGRATS!  APPLAUSE - APPLAUSE 
Now, on the right you'll see a button "Spotlight Dancers" - Please feel free to get yours if you're a Spotlight Dancer & show off on your own blog!  ENJOY and DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW!

So, let's ROCK DIS PLACE!
This is a song called "Rebel Rouser" by Duane Eddy 1958, and it just happened to be my brother's favorite song!  This one is for you Jr. Love & Miss you Lots!

Tony Bennett "I left my heart in San Francisco", and he's still going strong!

Check out some of these "Commercials of the 50's", too funny! LOL

OMG - Look what I found! LOL  LAS VEGAS in the 1950's ENJOY!

My Gramma loved Dean Martin & the Mills Brothers!  Such wonderful memories!

May God Bless each & every one of you!
 FRIENDS DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE! 

THANKS FOR PLAYING ALONG WITH US!
  PEACE, LOVAND ROC& ROLL!
Visit AmandaRun DMT, and Hairbows & Guitar Picks for more Music Monday fun.



post signature

24 comments:

Mike Golch said...

I have not heard the Mills Brothers in ages. Thank you for sharing them.That gives me an Idea for this weeks 5 on Friday.

Artsnark said...

excellent theme & picks! Thanks for the trip down memory lane today

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Tony Bennett rocked it!

Introducing Mr. Cool said...

Oh get out! You were probably only a figment of your Dad's imagination in the 50's! HA HA HA! Love the walk down memory lane though. I was in Vegas in the 50's and I remember it well. It was nothing like it is today BELIEVE ME! Have a great day!

Self Sagacity said...

Yay' so good to hear the oldies.

Dominique @ Dominique's Desk said...

I love the song by tony bennett.. a real classic. Thanks for hosting this this week.

Tricia Night owl mama said...

oldies wow

Hazel said...

"The glory that was Rome..." I half expected Tony Bennett to continue crooning, the grandeur that was Greece. I was born 20 years after I left my Heart in San Francisco, but I love the song. Love the theme!

Martha said...

Good Morning! I was a 1958 baby too!

Mom on Caffeine

Katie @ Bookin It Up said...

wow..radioactive dirt on your face? Interesting!
Great theme this week - fun!

Stacy Uncorked said...

All your choices were absolutely stellar as usual! :) My hubby is a 1958 baby, too! ;)

I’m Gonna Getcha Good when you Fall Into Me in a Landslide because I’m Blessed – MMMM

Lucy said...

I have to admit the only one I knew was Tony Bennett and I love him! I do like Dean Martin but never heard of the Mills Brothers. Enjoyed going back in time, it is always a learning experience!

If I Could Escape said...

All really great choices.

Oops, I didn't do the theme this week. I did something a little different! Hope it's still okay to link up with ya. x

dollycas aka Lori said...

This was an interesting theme. I don't think any of our usual music choices match our age. lol

Jo said...

I love "I Left My Heart in San Francisco," especially since my sister lives there now!

Thanks for hosting the weekly meme...it is GREAT!

Jo

Run DMT said...

I'm joining late this week and it seems your linky is missing. I also broke the rules and went with the theme song for my girls getaway.

Great picks! I love Tony Bennett.

Liz Mays said...

I just love me some Tony Bennett!!!!!

Cathy Kennedy said...

I love Tony Bennett! Great song pick...and oh my the commericals were so good, too! Thanks for visiting my blog today and putting me in the spotlight.

Colette S said...

I've heard some of these before. Isn't it great how music transcends time and space.

Enjoy the rest of your week doll.

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

I love the commercial,lol and I can't get over the old Vegas strip.

I never heard of Duane Eddy.

Maria said...

The only song I am familiar w/ is 'I Left My Heart in San Francisco.' Hehe. Thanks for continuously hosting 4MS. And thanks for reminding me that my sister and I will always be together, maybe not physically but always in our hearts. :D

Katie said...

I love the theme this week = and I love those commercials...ahhaha!

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Oh wow, I was going to come here because I did not think I got linked up, only to find I am in the spotlight again! Wow, thanks so much. I am humbled!
Come by for some 1968 fun!
Peace...Naila Moon

Lorie Shewbridge said...

Love the songs and that commercial was hysterical. I love how they took the fear of radiation and used it to sell cold cream - WOW!
How cool to see the LV Strip so many years ago, it really has change.
Thanks for all the great videos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...