Saturday, September 10, 2011

MEET ME IN THE STAIRWELL!

What were you doing that morning in history when a nation of people cried aloud ten years ago?

  I was getting ready for work watching the morning news sipping a cup of coffee when I saw the second disastrous plane fly into our second twin tower.  Who switched my channel?  Was I watching a horror movie?  I cannot believe my eyes.  In disbelief I kept getting ready, and left for work.  It was all over the radio, there was a deafening silence in the air.  I was driving past O'Hare Airport, and the airplanes on the ground gave me chills.  They skies were empty!  Oh Lord, can you hear me?  What is going on down here?  Is it the beginning of the end?  Judgment day or is it a warning of what is yet to come?  I still felt empty even though I'm alive, and safe aren't I?  I prayed for my husband, and my family that they were safe too!

We watched in awe and shock that whole night long, and donated what we could, and prayed until dawn.  No survivors as of yet?  None to find.  Dear God are they with you?  Confusion in my mind.  Tower Two fell to the ground, the silence was deafening, there wasn't a sound.  You are my countrymen, my heart is very heave and grief stricken.  What can I do?  I feel so helpless, so empty!  Then something told me to use my hands, as those volunteers did.  They used what talent they had Firemen, Policemen, Doctors, and Nurses.  I don't have talent like them.  What can I do?  Then my fingers started to move.  I felt a tad better with every passing day.  It took me about a month to finish my donation of the day!  Rest in peace my friends, my fellow citizens.  As I watched on television the shadows of the Twin Towers were now two beams of light, and the Lady that stood at the shore of NYC seem to have a tear flow from her eye as she seemed to be waving good-bye!


This is what comforted me. I crocheted the above for 9/11/01 & it comes out once a year!
TAKE CARE ALL OF YOU & BE SAFE! LOOK TWICE & KEEP YOUR FAMILY CLOSE!

*A little something from Dave's website he wanted to share with us.

We (The Designated Riders) find comfort in the fact that when disaster and destruction beyond human comprehension occurs, there are American Heroes who put all others' lives before their own.  We pause, and respectfully remember events on this day 10 years ago.  I have something I want to say that I'm sure my fellow band mates understand and agree with - so I posted it here:

http://www.designatedriders.com/

The Designated Riders respectfully remember the brave souls who put other American lives before their own 10 years ago today.  This violence in the world defies all moral and ethical human sense.  There is hate without any reason.  Now there is a seemingly unending war against those who seek the destruction and suffering of brothers and sisters who do not conform to their blood-thirsty ways of hate, greed and death.  Only those who cannot understand the concept of freedom or bravery would try to damage it's very home, and those cowards revealed who we know as true American Heroes!
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
post signature

3 comments:

Tricia Night owl mama said...

Hugs fabulous post :D

More Than Words said...

That is beautiful!!

And I remember that day like it was yesterday. I'm sure everyone who watched it happen feels the exact same way. Disbelief & vulnerability to the max!

Lorie Shewbridge said...

It took me too long to finally get here to post a comment because of my computer problems, but I read the post on the 11th through tear-filled eyes.
Both you and Dave are so right about how we all felt that day and continue to feel about out countrymen and those heroes who risked their own lives in sacrifice of others.
I love your blanket and pillow, it brings such joy to my heart to see it again this year.
God bless you and God bless our amazing country!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...