Friday, March 26, 2010

HAPPY FRIDAY FOLLOW & ALOHA FRIDAY! !!


HEY!  How U doin?  Happy Friday Follow, Aloha Friday & introducing... Are you ready to do the BLOG HOP TAG? (Tune is Ball n' the Jack)!
 First you put your two fingers close up tight
Then you hit the link on da left, & then the one on da right,
Search around the blogs & all in sight, &
then you hop around and hop around half the night.
Spread your lovin' comments in CyberSpace
Then you do the CyberRock with style and grace
Now you follow me, and I follow back
That's what I call doin' the
"BLOG HOP TAG"
Are you ready?  Have fun visiting new blogs to follow & always welcome new followers! NOW - Aloha Friday I can't give you up. I love to see everyone's question.  Friday Follow who doesn't love NEW followers, and NEW people to follow.  Friday Follow hosted by some great ladies from One 2 Try, Hearts Make Families and Midday Escapades!  We invite you to join us every Friday to get more blog followers and to follow other interesting blogs.  It is all about sharing and having fun.

MckLinky Blog Hop

       

If you’d like to participate in Aloha Friday, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the very friendly place of Islandlife808.com. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and find new followers!

My question is:  How did you learn to cook?

Well, my father was a cook in the army, so there were a few things I learned from him, but I think on the most part I learned from my grandmother because I stayed with her quite a bit when I was little (weekends, spring vacation, summertime etc.), and she was from the old country so she did everything homemade.  She didn't believe in store bought bread or mops, let me tell ya, but man she sure could cook up a storm.  She was from Palermo, Sicily.  Need I say more!

ALSO:  All those who entered the NAME THAT BAND CONTEST over at The Moody Mix, or are just curious the results are in!  WOO HOO!  NOT GOING TO SPOIL THE SURPRISE.  YOU'LL HAVE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF AND PERSONALLY I THINK THEY PICKED A GOOD ONE!  

As long as your here check out my give-aways.  One is a PUR Water Filtration system (pitcher or faucet - your choice) or 2 SeaPak Shrimp boxes for dinner - woo hoo Easy cooking tonight.
Thanks for stopping by, and the follow.

19 comments:

Cacai M. said...

I learn to cook through my grandmother. She taught me how.

Here's My Aloha Friday entry .. see yah.. :)

jerricaparr said...

I learned the basics by watching my dad; then picked up on a few skills just by doing it myself. Oh and I can't forget Food Network (I love Gordon Ramsay & Racheal Ray!)

:)

Anonymous said...

Hey, how U doing??? Happy Friday Follow! Visiting and following from FF. Best of luck winning the cash giveaway. Toothsoap.com is freaking awesome!

And Happy Aloha Friday. I learned to cook some through my mother, mother-in-law and mostly my husband. He's much better than me.

~ Lynn
http://www.middayescapades.com

Auntie E said...

I took some classes in school and college. Then when I lived in other countries I took some classes on traditional foods there. Read cooking books, watched cooking shows. years of practice have evolved me into a cook.

Anonymous said...

Cook? Hahahaha! I'm a horrid cook..no lie!

Returning your Friday Follow! Have a wonderful weekend!

I am Harriet said...

Happy AF and FF.
We had to take cooking class when I was in school.

Have a great Friday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/octolicious-friday-fest-peoples/

CMash said...

From helping my grandmother. She was a great cook/baker and would always let me help. She lived to be 100.
CMash

Janine said...

I didn't. :( I STILL can't cook!
Visiting from My Kids Are Fun for Aloha Friday!

Charlotte (Life's a Charm!) said...

Here for aloha friday!
When my father died I became the family cook because I was his assistant cook when he was still alive. He was the family cook, before I took over.

I have 2 entries for aloha friday this week. Please check them out.
http://lifesacharm.net/201003/preparing-for-the-d-day
http://lifesacharm.net/201003/that-movie-new-moon

Night Owl Mama said...

my mommy taught me ;D

Unknown said...

I'm not sure if I've learned how to cook yet! I guess I've picked up tips from TV and watching my parents and my husband.

Rach said...

I learnt by watching my grandma when i was little and back then i probably cooked more than i do now!

Colette S said...

I am sure I taught myself by the recipe books and then after awhile you learn to just measure by guess. :)

Happy weekend to you woman.

Aloha!

Anonymous said...

It is nice to see you part of Friday Follow! Have a wonderful weekend. Rita @ One 2 Try.

♥Yaya's Mommy ♥ said...

following you back. Thank you so much.

Cher said...

Stopping by to say Hi and Happy Follow Friday! Now following you! It is nice too to see you are from Chicagoland.
I have a whole bunch of giveaways going on if you wanted to check them out!

Visit Mama’s Money Savers

kailani said...

Mostly from my Mom but I also learned a lot on my own when I was dorming in college.

Anonymous said...

I'm a great cook but I didn't learn until I was in my early 20's (I'm on the sunnyside of 50 now) and learned by watching the tv cooking shows. I took to it like a fish to water. In fact my next blog is about making scones...okay those are easy, but I'll be blogging about doing a big high tea type of thing with sandwiches and other treats. Anyway my best dish is turkey loaf with roasted potatos....simple but delicious! That's my style.

LAR1975 said...

Here's the thing. I never did learn to cook. Grandmother was a fabulous cook, though. Now trying to learn by osmosing from my husband, his mom, my mom, and just experimenting.

Thanks for the Aloha Friday; I've posted my question here:
leighasmith.blogspot.com.

Hope y'all like it; have a great day, all!
Leigh

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...