Friday, June 11, 2010

"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So here on Fridays we're taking it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’m asking a simple question for you to answer & nothing that requires a lengthy response.

If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the very friendly place of Islandlife808.com. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and find new followers!

Birthday Candles
My question is:  This Sunday is my "1" Blogversary!  Wow, how time flys when you're having fun!  Personally I'm going to take the day off people because my children are coming over, and we're going to have a big barbecue, and you say, "Wow, isn't that a bit much for a Blogversary?"  Nah!  It's also my "60th" Birthday!  Yep, ME!  Can you believe it???  I can't!  I still want to PAR-TAY!  I STILL WANT TO ROCK & ROLL!  So, speaking of which my question today is::  When you were a teen-ager (and for many of  you it wasn't that long ago ~hehe~) who was your Rock & Roll idol?  You know, who did you swoon over, and as long as we're thinking about it who also was your "HOT" Actor too?

Answer:  Mine was "The Four Seasons" and
Charlton Heston
(In the movies "Ten Commandment" and he played another like that where all he wore was this little towel in his youth) the man was definitely "HOT"!  I also thought Steve Reeves "Hercules" was terribly hot!
Hercules
 Unchained
  Then later Mel Gibson showed up in "Lethal Weapon", the first one where they showed his naked cute butt!  Oh Lordy, be still my heart!  The man could park his shoes under my bed any time!  WOO HOO!  Have a great weekend, and on your way out please stop by my give-away - 2 winners for an original CD of Dave Moody (my hubby - he's a hotty too!
PLEASE ENTER!

17 comments:

Colette S said...

That sounds like the best way to celebrate your birthday. Surrounded with family and love.

As a teen I didn't remember having a favorite anyone. I don't think I even use to watch tv!

Enjoy your Friday!

Paula Schuck said...

Hi there. I am a new follower from friday folo. Come visit if you are able. http://www.thriftymommastips.blogspot.com/

Paula

psst. it's my one year blogaversary - well about one week ago.

Twincerely,Olga said...

hmm..I loved Andy Gibb!! He was a hottie!! Actor wise Clint Eastwood!!!
Aloha!!Happy Birthday to you!!!U still a young thang!!!Enjoy

Rach said...

have a great birthday! I didn't really idolise anyone special as a teenager, my music tastes changed almost weekly depending on what was in the charts!

Lothiriel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

When I was younger I used to be in love with Fred Savage!!1 LOL! I know!!!

60??????????????????? No way!!!!! Keep on partying!!! my birthday is in four days!!

Stacy Uncorked said...

WooHoo! Happy Birthday! And happy (early) Blogiversary! And I'm with LLUVIA - now way are you turning 60!! Sounds like a great party, though - what should I bring? ;)

~ Noelle said...

happy birthday!!!
as for who i swooned over...
i can not even remember...
Well, besides Jordan from New Kids! LOL

Anonymous said...

Mine was David Cassidy!

Tatum said...

Happy Birthday :)

I was in the era of Hair Bands & I really didn't like just one.

Night Owl Mama said...

LOL that is so funny

Gosh I think I loved John Stamos Remember him? LOL

and actor well he's still my favorite Shawn Connery

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!! Happy Birthday to you! Happy 1 year Blogoversary to you!

Did you say 60??? No way. I would not have guessed 60. You look so much younger. So much younger!

Judy B. said...

Happy Blogiversay and happy 60th! I am only 2 years behind you bringing up the rear guess you could say. My favorite in music was Jimi Hendrix. Wow what a difference just 2 years makes, eh? I don't remember who it might have been in movies.
You look great for 60 by the way!

Jo said...

Happy Birthday. You do NOT look 60...!

I absolutely loved Jim Morrison of "The Doors". He was the sexiest, most gorgeous man on the face of the planet. Yum!

Have fun at the barbeque. :-)

Aimee said...

Well, have a happy birthday! My favorite rocker to swoon over was (is?) Bon Jovi. :) I had a bit of a crush on Michael J. Fox too!

Peggy said...

We have a lot in common from what I just read about you my frend.

I just turned 60 myself and still love to rock and roll.
My aunt used to live in Batavia and I visited her often. I'm from Evanston and have since moved downstate. Where's my Lake, only cor here.

I ;ove your blog and I will follow you now too!
Happy Birthday!

Brandi said...

H! Stopping by from Friday Follow. Nice to meet you. Can't wait to read more about you through your blog. Hope to see you around my corner of bloggy land.

www.fivemonkies.com

LAR1975 said...

Hi, Dolly. Good question, struggling to remember.

I think actor would have been Kirk Cameron (Mike Seaver) of Growing Pains.

Musician is a bit tougher. As an older teen, probably Peter Gabriel. Those eyes, that voice!

Thanks for sharing, and glad you had a great birthday!

-Leigh

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...