Sunday, September 23, 2012

Monday's Music Moves Me with Rock&Roll!





  
 

WELCOME TO OUR 108th WEEK OF...    

"MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME" !
 XmasDolly/Conductor & my girls, CALLIE/JAmericanSpice, Stacy/Stacy UncorkedCathy/Cathy Kennedy  Co-Conductors! WELCOME ABOARD!  Our Honorary Co-Conductor for September is Rebecca from Every Day Life, APPLAUSE!  TIME TO PARTY/WE'RE EAGER TO FOLLOW U as your train arrives.  


 Rules:
1.  You Tube,  lock & load! 
2.  Grab "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button.
3.  SIGN LINKY, Follow us, & leave a Rockin' comment!

Finally, Boogie down to your Fellow Rockin' Bloggers.  Also, bring some back with you to join us!  As you may have noticed any link that I see without music you don't  have to visit if you don't want too. It says NO MUSIC for your convenience. Do I watch out for my Buds or what?

Our "SPOTLIGHT DANCER" now gets the PRIVILEGE of picking the THEME for the following week that we have a theme.  OUR EVERY OTHER WEEK FREEBIES REMAIN THE SAME.  There are a few themes left so it can be either or and then IT'S WHATEVER THE "SPOTLIGHT DANCER" CHOOSES!  WOO HOO!
RaveRave Girl


 "YOUR SPOTLIGHT DANCER IS... "
   
CONGRATS!  APPLAUSE!
Grab your button for "Spotlight Dancer" 
 DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW!



This week's theme is "From on of our spotlight Dancer'"Becca". Songs from the year of your child's birth or if no children your pet is considered part of the family or your favorite love song"!
SO LET'S ROCK THIS JOINT & HAVE SOME FUN!

My first child was born in 1969. 
You made me so very HAPPY! Blood, Sweat & Tears (and she did too)

 My second child was born 1972 and this is what he would've been named if he was a girl.
Brandy you're a fine girl - Looking Glass

My next child was born in 1977
Dreams - Fleetwood Mac (may she RIP)

My next child was born in 1979
Bee Gees - Too much heaven

Sheesh, I was a dam baby machine!  Now for my final child 1980
Working my way back to you Babe - The Spinners

WHEW!  BUT THAT WAS FUN FOR SURE!

   THANKS A BUNCH!


 HUGS AND DON'T FORGET TO ADD YOUR GIVE-AWAYS TO MY SHOW OFF TUESDAY TOMORROW & Tip your waitresses and bartenders.....  ooops sorry!  Forgot where I was at!~   HAVE A GREAT DAY & ALWAYS ROCK ON! 
 Also, don't forget to visit Music Monday for more ROCK & ROLL FUN!
LadyJava's Lounge


16 comments:

LA Botchar said...

some great songs - "Dreams" being one of my own favourites since I can remember my mom playing it when I was young. Same with the Bee Gees.
This one was really fun to do -- seeing what songs were popular when our children were born. Luckily, mine I still young enough that I can remember the songs still! ha

Dominique@Dominique's Desk said...

Great songs that you have chosen. I've only heard the one by Fleetwood mac.. Im sure it brings back a lot of memories for you listening to those songs.

Rachel said...

That was fun!!! It was hard to pick this week!

Lucy said...

Oh, great group songs. I loved Fleetwood Mac :)

Adaptable Kay said...

What a neat theme for this week! I enjoyed musically looking into the years your kids were all born :)

All the songs had a great rhythm to them! I found myself shaking my booty a bit ^.^

I hope you have a musical week!

Artsnark said...

fun theme! And those babies must have been rockin out :)

Rebecca said...

here' a cute little fact for you my older brother was born in 67, I in 71, and my two younger brothers 77 and 79 I think you and mom would have been great mommy friends from the looks of your children births oh and all great musical choices of course love them all

Come Say HI

Cathy Kennedy said...

Wow, I didn't realize you had this many kiddos, Mama! lol I just love all the music you put up. The love a mother feels for her children is precious. I haven't heard Blood, Sweat, & Tears and Brandy in quite awhile. I love 'em both, but Brandy especially brought back memories for me. I was just 11 years old when it hit the charts, but it was popular for years after. Thanks for hosting Monday's Music Moves Me and allowing me to col-host with you, girlfriend! ^.^

Unknown said...

I love that you put a song for all your children. I love all the music that you chose...Rocking and dancing with you !!! YOU DO ROCK, GIRL!!! Mine is here
Have you a MUSICALLY ROCKING WEEK!!!
hugs
shakira

stevebethere said...

What a good idea good old Fleetwood Mac in there too used to love The Spinners cover of Frankie Valli & The $ Seasons Working My Way Back To You.

Have a brilliant week ;-)

Unknown said...

GREAT SONGS!!! I am listening to Working My Way Back To You right now... Haven't heard that in a while, love it!!

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

My hubby is in the Spotlight...whee!
Dance to the left, dance to the right, get down tonight, get down tonight.
LOL

Your song picks are fab! Come by and rock out with my kids.

Hugs,
Naila Moon

http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/2012/09/mondays-musicsept-24-2012.html

Gina said...

The only ones I don't have on my iPod are the last two, Bee Gees and Spinners songs. Love, love Brandy! It was so addicting! Great songs, Xmas Dolly

Run DMT said...

Oh wow. These are some classic songs. Love it! Believe it or not, I had a K-Tel album (remember those?) with a disco version of The Spinners' Working My Way Back to You, Babe. Love that song!

Danielle S said...

Aw, what great classics! I guess that means that your kids are classic, too! Ha! I am going to try to get to everyone today. This old computer that I am working on has a bad habit of just restarting whenever it wants to. I tried to reinstall XP last week, but the machine ignored the disk. Frustration rules...

Colette S said...

It's amazing how music just stay true. Not even these little bumps these days can out the classics!

Great selections Dolly.

Thanks for putting everything together!

Happy week for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...