Thursday, March 1, 2012

ALOHA FRIDAY PHOTO FLASHBACK, FOLLOW STALK HOP FRIDAY 40 & OVER!

Alicia at More than Words started "Friday Photo Flashback". I'm having a blast & you can too! Dig out your photo album! Now I don't know where Alicia has been, but you all seem to like my old photos so I'm just gonna keep on, keepin' on until I run out, OKAY?
Not sure if I showed you guys this one or not, but this is my paternal grandmother holding my bride doll & me in the middle, and my mommy - 1955.  What I love to do is to check out what's in the picture like when was the last time you seen one of those coffee pots on the stove or milk in a glass bottle.  MMmmm Is that Pumpkin Pie I see?  Mmmmm Gram's pumpkin pie.  Okay, I'm outta here.
My Dad right before he was drafted and went off to War.  He was a cabdriver, and 19 yrs. old.

StacyMrs. Marine and the Tiny TroopsStalk Hop Friday





Stalk Hop Friday! 6 ways to link up! Just click on this button here, and follow their rules!Co-Hosted by my friends Mrs. Marine & my  Stacy!
 
HEY EVERYBODY GUESS WHAT'S GOIN' ON AT A DAFT'S SCOTS LASS...
 

Friday Follower Mr Cool and a Shoegasm

Yep, our own Tom Tomoser that visits us on Monday's Music Moves me is being starred!  Check it out & leave a nice comment.  I did - it was cool!





******

[aloha+friday.png]

"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday a day of rest. So we're doin' the same. On Fridays we're taking it easy on posting. Therefore, our hostess is asking a simple question for you to answer; nothing that requires a lengthy response.If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the very friendly place of Islandlife808.com. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and find new followers! 

My question is:   Okay people I'm on a diet, and other than the old stupid joke when we were kids how do you lose 10lbs of ugly fat?  Cut off your head joke - I'm on a diet and I need to lose weight yesterday.  I have very poor will power.  So any suggestions?  If I could just lose like 10 lbs. kinda quick it all gives me incentive to keep going.  It's this gain a lb lose a lb crap I hate.


Answer:   I'm not using oil on any of the food I cook.  I'm just using the spray if I fry at all.  Mostly salads, microwave or oven/broil.  Eating tons of fish and I'm on the no white diet.  No rice, no bread, no noodles etc.

Wasn't that fun?  Have a Great Weekend Everyone, and THANKS for stopping by, and following me.   Oh!  Don't forget"MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME".   This week's theme is  a "Freebie"!   So let's do it like last time & be creative!  Loved all the stuff you can up with that week.   Hope you  ALL can make it & BRING ALL your friends.  HUGS  & Have a great weekend!


DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT MY GIVE-AWAYS WHILE YOU'RE THERE~THANKS A BUNCH!  HAVE THE BEST ONE EVER!  Also, since GFC is going away
please follow me in the new follower Linky Follower - thanks! (Even if you're already following.
HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
post signature

17 comments:

Introducing Mr. Cool said...

Whoa you're just a bitty little girl aren't ya, but you sure have your eye on something, but never letting go of the prize, your dolly! Is that why they call you Dolly? And your Dad WOW He looks so young & much to young to go in the service. Goodness.

Dominique@Dominique's Desk said...

Well.. you and I are on a diet.. I too need to lose 6 kg( 12 pounds?).. so far I have been doing the following
1. stair climbing
2. Wii Active.
3. Housework.

Gigi Ann said...

How to lose weight quick...the age old question.

I find eating portion size is very important. Eating lots of veggies and fruit is very important, and drinking the water also helps.

I have found losing weight for me has been a half a pound to a pound a week. There is no magic formula to fast weight lose that is healthy. So be patient and it will come off. I started eating healthier in July, 2011 and last week I had lost 19 lbs. It takes time but in the end it is worth it. So keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

I've been on a diet, too. I've been doing Slim-Fast for breakfast and then trying to just eat low-calorie, low-fat the rest of the day. Good luck

Forgetfulone said...

The only thing that has worked for me regarding diet is lowering my fat intake, drinking water, and walking. My husband did the "no white" diet for a while, and he gained weight. All the meat, I think, but if you're only eating fish and chicken, it should work. Good luck!

Stacy Uncorked said...

I adore your flashback photos - it is fun to look closely at what the background items are. :) Your dad was sure a handsome dude! :)


If you find the miracle to fast weight loss, I'm all ears...or in this case, all eyes. ;) Basically what the others said above me - and patience is a virtue. ;)


There's an App for that

CMash said...

Stay away from soda, drink lots of water. GL. I too would love to lose weight, so if you find something that works, please let me know.

Unknown said...

Dieting takes lots of willpower and that is something that I don't have much of. I do know that the ONLY two times that I lost any weight was once when I was doing weight watchers (loved it) and the other when I was working out in a gym 5 days a week with 2 other women. Good luck!!

You can see mine at http://lovemy2dogs.blogspot.com/2012/03/friday-friday-and-more-friday-including.html

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

Oh my, he was practically a baby when he left!

I am Harriet said...

Cut out salt and carbs is a good idea for me.

Have a great weekend!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2012/03/prada-boots-meant-for-walking/

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

What has worked best for me is to up my fiber intake, snack on fruits/veggies, and drinks lots of water. A lot of times you are not really hungry, it's thirst.

MMAR said...

Your photos are so wonderful!! I wish I had some advice for you but I am the same way!!

Colette S said...

I love looking behind the photo too and I've never seen milk in a glass bottle. I love the nascar version of the tradition too.

Your pa was a looker!

1 Join a gym?
2. Find a motivator that will make you keep going
3. Do curves
4. Do you like dancing? Join a dance class
5. Train for a marathon. You can start out by walking...then running...

I hope something will help. but do check with the doc first.

Happy weekend Doll!

More Than Words said...

You are such a SWEETIE!!! I've been meaning to write you and tell you thank you for continuing the FPF!!! I've been in a blogging "slump" and just started to get back in the groove!!

I miss your pictures. They always have so much history to them!!!!!! Love them all!

kailani said...

Unfortunately, I don't have any advice. I haven't been on a diet in my life and don't think I have the will power to even try. Good luck!

Cat Davis said...

That's amazing you have a photo like that of your dad. It actually looks a lot like the one I have of my grandpa right before he joined the army for WWII.

Lorie Shewbridge said...

You know I always love your photos, your family always look so happy.
As for losing weight - which I need to do - the best way that I have found is portion control. Eating 5 small meals a day including a tiny bit of sweets to keep you satisfied and not craving.
Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...