Sunday, October 3, 2010

HURRY UP AND WAIT!

Unfortunately for the past week I've been waking up with a very unhappy back.  The last few days it's been pretty bad, but eventually it would be tolerable.  I do have a appointment with a new pain control doctor.  YES - FINALLY!  I CAN HARDLY WAIT!  We'll see what happens!  Wish me luck, but here I am only a few more days, and I woke up this morning, and I couldn't wait any longer.  I woke up, and the pain was uncontrollable. and the next thing I know...  I was getting a shot of something stronger than morphine!  Lord have mercy!  The rest of it is just hurry up, and wait!

Right now, I'm very tired, and feeling a little sick to the stomach. So, hopefully this too will subside.  I cannot wait until this silly back of mine is all better.   Got bored in the ER so I started snapping away.  They said tomorrow just to follow up with my doctor and go home and rest.  Here's some more pics of my boredom and hurry up and wait!  Goodnight! 

DON'T FORGET ABOUT TOMORROW!  MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME!  WOO HOO!  RIGHT HERE!  WHAT DID YOU PICK?????

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Here's hoping that the pain stays away. Your boredom pictures were funny.

Take care of yourself!

Tami Winbush said...

Sorry to hear that you are having such a hard problem with your back. I have issues too and get shots in my back almost every month. I wouldn't be able to live without my pain doc! Wishing you better pain relief.

Tin said...

I honestly have to say the only thing worse than pain is the med's they make me so sick. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Lorie Shewbridge said...

My poor dear friend... you know I completely empathize with you. I've been there and could not live without my pain meds. I'm so sorry that this is the way you had to spend your day. I do hope that you take it easy and don't overdo it and end up hurting yourself more.
Make sure you let me know how you make out with the pain doctor.
HUGS!!

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Getting here late this weekend. I certainly hope you feel better soon. I sooo know what bad back problems feel like.

Peace...Naila Moon

http://writing-out-of-the-blue.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear your back is acting up again. On youtube there's a technique called EFT that erases pain - seriously. It just involves some tapping on your face and body (you can do it yourself) and it works - at least it did for me...I used to have a bad knee. When it comes to pain all the doctors can do is medicate and sedate...EFT gives you another alternative. But regardless, I can't believe your at the hospital with back pain taking pictures - now that's a dedicated blogger for you. Big hug and I'm saying a prayer for you this evening and prayers work!

Adaptable Kay said...

Aw, Dolly, I'm so sorry you're in so much pain!! From someone who can understand uncontrollable pain, it's not fun and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

Haupi has a good point! EFT is a great technique that's really easy to do and only takes a few minutes a couple times a day.

I'll definitely try to think up some more ideas for you! There is SO many things you can do to try to at least help a little bit :)

I'm thinkin' about ya!

Tricia said...

that's no fun. Hmmm.. Jerry was home all day. He didnt' say you called. I was out with the kids all day so he could sleep. I took them to Ocktober fest by Toyota park for fun.

Hope you are okay

karenmed409 said...

hope you are feeling better soon! I know the pain meds do a number on the body. I can't seem to sleep, sleep off for a few hours.

Rest up and take it easy.

Liz Mays said...

Only a blogger takes pics in the ER!!!!

Colette S said...

I'm sorry about your hurting. I hope this is a much better doctor and you'll get the best care and help with this pain.

*HUGS*

Dimes2Vines said...

Oh, I am so sorry you are having to go through this! I can sympathize - hurt mine back in Jan. and finally feel like I'm coming out of it. I sure hope the new doctor helps!

Patricia said...

Awww truly hope you are feeling better :)

~ Noelle said...

hope you are feeling better .....
how is the new dr?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...