Thursday, March 8, 2012

WEIGHT BEGONE! ONE WOMAN'S JOURNEY BACK TO GOOD HEALTH!

Thank you to Kayla for my buttons of  The Eclectic Element!

Hi Everyone!  This is going to be my Weight Be Gone Thursday for me.  If you'd like to follow me in my journey you are welcome.  You see a week ago this Friday I had a rude awakening to the reality of life in that I'm not getting any younger, and if I still wanted to lead a fun, and  happy life I had to make some serious changes.

I have been diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis.  I had back surgery back in 2006, and ever since then my back has been a pain in my... and I have to get shots in my back about every two to three months to be a normal person.  Due to the change of health insurance mine said I could not have my shot for an extra month, and I was walking around... I take that back dragging around this dead weight as best as I could with my walker.  Now I won't get into it, but I had my shot last Friday and the doctor, my husband and I sat down, and had a long talk.  The doctor stated everything I had wrong, and what we could do for it.  I had options, but the options I took maybe you wouldn't have, but I did.  Now it's to a point who do I want to be.
FAT ME
SKINNY ME
You see I have a wonderful husband and four wonderful children, and nine beautiful grandchildren that all love me, and on top of all that I have many wonderful relative and friends who also love me and the doctor said there's no more choice to go on a diet to look nice, but it's now a diet to live. Okay, blunt and to the point.  Just the way I like it.  So, I'm on a very long journey to lose weight, and as of today I weigh 260 lbs. Blood Pressure is 171/72, with a 66 pulse, which I've already lost 21 lbs. over the months, and I've been holding here for some reason, and I have to break the ice. I've been keeping a diary of my weight/blood pressure for a month now.  You see, I have to many things I have to do before I go anywhere for good like watching my grandchildren get married or become nurses or doctors or race car drivers (never mind it's a long story lol), so we're going to... "follow the yellow brick road as they say because I'm off to see the wizard and ask him for a good body & trade in this broken down one!


This is only the beginning.  My darling daughter bought me these last Christmas and now I can finally use them thanks to my wonderful doctor and the shots.  Granted I'm still on pain killers, but it'll help me get through my exercising... it's a whatever works now.  I've been doing a few things at home, and going to the health club.  I have created one video & I'm not sure I want to play it for you, but here it goes anyway.  Next Thursday I will update you on my progress.


Thanking you for stopping by, and listening. I do have a button to the left if you'd like it so you can come back next Thursday. If you'd like to join me in my journey - make a spreadsheet like me and sign my linky & we'll follow this yellow brick road to the wizard and ask him for a new body!

12 comments:

W.C.Camp said...

WOW - good for you taking steps to ensure a longer and happier life! You have such good spirit, I never realized how much pain you were in. Don't worry too much if your weight stabilizes for a few weeks but then you might want to consult with a dietician to 'shake up' what you are eating. Sometimes you may need to eat MORE calories to get that metabolism jump-started to losing again. Slow is better though so just keep up what you are doing and you'll be around writing blogs for a LONGGGGG TIMMMEEE! W.C.C.

janetfaye said...

You are determined and I know that you will be successful. I will be cheering for you!

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Proud of you! Keep me posted!
~Naila Moon

Stef H said...

good for you! i need a new pair of sketchers. i would love to lose 25 lbs. and i walk everyday. i need a new scale because in 7 months it says i've lost 3 oz. yep. you read that right. it says i went from 225.7 to 225.3. F that! i KNOW i've lost more because ALL my clothes are baggy on me! good luck sunshine. i'm here if you need a shoulder!

hugs :)

CMash said...

I''m so proud of you Big Sis. I will be cheering you on. I am also hoping for some tips. As you know, we have the same situation with our backs, and exercise is not easy. My doc told me that the reason I can't lose weight is due to lack of exercise but we are in a catch 22. So I will be here every Thursday to root for you and hopefully get some tips too.
Good Luck

Adaptable Kay said...

That's my CM! Sometimes it takes a great big cosmic slap in the face for us to realize, "Hey, I NEED to change! I wanna LIVE!" I've been there and done that so you're not alone.

And you're definitely not alone on this journey, either. Even though we're in two different places, we have a common goal: To get healthy and live life again :)

I can't wait to link up next week and start this thing together!

King of Queenz said...

I wish you tons of luck & I know you'll make it this time & then you can tell me your secret so I can get rid of this beach ball in front of me. lol

XmasDolly said...

Thanks to all & anyone who is on the road to a better life with better health can follow me down that yellow brick road to kick the crap out of the wizard!

Tricia Nightowlmama said...

I'm so proud of you Mom and wish you didn't have to go through all your pain. Your doing a great job and tackling the bulge and I just know you'll be healthier and happier as a result. your going to get to Universal studios and you'll be running circles around that man of yours without pain. HUGs

Lucinda said...

Wonderful!! You are definitely on the right path...and I just know you're going to succeed.

It was really nice to hear your voice and see your face in the video. I wish the best for you...and I cannot wait to see your posts about your 2nd honeymoon in August. Woohoo!!!!

Katie @ Bookin It Up said...

There's a lot I could do to get healthier. I am rooting for you in your journey. I'm a smoker and have tried to stop in the past but boy is it hard or at least for me it is. I agree if it doesn't taste good then I will be looking for something else later. I recently tried a Life Choice bar at Wal-Mart by the cereal bars and it was actually pretty good.

Simply Being Mommy said...

You look great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...