Thursday, September 23, 2010

ALOHA FRIDAY PHOTO FLASHBACK.FRIDAY FOLLOW 40 & OVER!

Alicia over at More than Words started "Friday Photo Flashback" because of having so many pictures from her PRE-digital camera days. She thought it would be fun to scan them and share them here with you. I'm having so much fun doing this, that I would love for you to join us, too! So dig out the photo albums and put your scanner ON! Don't forget to sign in to her MckLinky so we can all visit and comment on each others blogs!   IT'S GREAT FUN!    Please come join us.   Just sign up at Alicia's linky at Friday Photo Flashback (link above).  You'll love walking down memory lane - just as I do!
This picture was probably taken in the early 1970's, at one of the houses I grew up in.  From left to right is my cousin Dom, and his wife Susie (who's his wife of 31 years this year).  Then my cousin Sheri, my mom and my mom's mom, my Gramma.  Yep, that's my NaNee.  All 4'6" of her.  Man, do I miss her too!. 




Are you a blogger over 40? Yeah, welcome to the club!
Please join in the fun and get to know your fellow bloggers at Never Growing Old!!
"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So here on Fridays we're taking it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’m asking a simple question for you to answer & nothing that requires a lengthy response.

If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the very friendly place of Islandlife808.com. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and find new followers!

My question is:  Did you ever go see a play, at what theater, and what was the name of it?

My dad use to take me to the Candlelight Playhouse in Chicago all the time.  I seen No time for Sargents, Fiddler on the Roof, Camelot, Guys and Dolls, and ByeBye Birdie, but the best one I saw was with my mom and my aunt was at the Shubert Theater they took me to see "Hello Dolly" with Carol Channing.  It was fabulous, and the costumes were amazing!


Have a Great Weekend Everyone, and THANKS for stopping by, and following me.  Also, please take a look at my GIVE-AWAYS before you leave.  I'm sure I'll take a look at yours to see if there's something I might like and visa-versa!  ~hehe~   Oh!  Don't forget about this Monday - "MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME"  Check the theme for this week.  It's a song about water. - MOVE ME!!!  I truly hope you ALL can make it.  Boogie Time!

29 comments:

Andrea Kruse said...

We have a Shakespeare festival about 2 hours down south and as a child I went almost every summer to watch a play either indoors or out. I have seen many!

Colette S said...

Great family photo! It's amazing the foundation of marriage your cousin have! Wow.

I have seen plays before in my country. I can't remember the name /s though.

Anonymous said...

I've been to several but for the life of me I can't remember them right now. We love Theater performances.

Kailani said...

I saw Chicago when I was in NYC for BlogHer. It was amazing!

Catherine L. said...

I've been to several but I can't think of any of the names at the moment. I'm sure as soon as I submit this comment I'll remember.

sheila said...

Only one play....I can't remember the name but it was like 25 yrs ago. Susan Anton starred in it.

MadeInCanarias said...

I have seen a lot of plays. I love going to theaters.

CMash said...

The last play hubby and I went to was "Jesus Christ Superstar" in a theater in Boston (can't remember the name).
CMash

Auntie E said...

Oh I've seen all those you mentioned. The last one I went to was a dinner theater, We saw The Christmas Carol.
I really love going to the Lancaster plays. the last one we saw there was
"Daniel" at Sight and Sounds

Crisc said...

Ive never seen a play but I seen R Kelly at the Fox Theater =)

Stacy Uncorked said...

I used to go to plays all the time when I lived in the Seattle area - here, not so much. I can't even remember the name of the last play I've been to see!

Aloha: Nicknames

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

I have seen a lot of plays over the years. As a teacher, we would always take classes to NYSTI to see 2-3 plays a year. My favorite was an off Broadway play that came here that I saw with my hubby - Seussical The Musical.

TheAtticGirl said...

I haven't seen a play since high school; I think it was the Tempest.

http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2010/09/aloha-friday-favorite-fall-comfort-food.html

Wifey10 said...

wow Hawaii my dream place for a holiday! Have a great weekend! hope you could check out my page too =)

Anonymous said...

I've seen many plays and musicals in high school, college and local places. My favorite is still Fiddler on the Roof!

Charlotte | Life's a Charm! said...

HEre for aloha friday...
I've never seen a play. I wish I would one day ...

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to Dom and Susie and your grandmother looks adorable. I know you miss her. It looks like you're blessed with a wonderful family...me too...but I was sworn never to talk about them or use their pictures. Not that I care one bit, I finally have something just for me - my blog. Great old pictures of me coming up whenever I get a chance to up load. Have a great weeked girlfriend. Hope you're votes are up! Smiles.

Debbie Petras said...

Love that photo and your grandma with her hair pinned up in a hairnet. I remember those and also that kitchen table. I think we had one like that in our house growing up.

As far as your question, I love the theater. Growing up in New York, I gained an appreciation for it early in life. Although my familly didn't have much money, most of our class trips were to NYC to live plays on and off Broadway.

I can't even begin to count the many Broadway plays I've seen over the years. Although I live in Phoenix now, I still love to occasionally return to NY and I always get tickets to a play.

Deni said...

I saw all the high school plays my friends did and I have seen Footloose (broadway) when it was touring in my area.

I am Harriet said...

Tons- I've actually been to the Candlelight and Shubert.

Have a great Friday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/09/100000000-is-a-lot-of-moolah-mr-facebook/

Jaimin said...

The King & I at Casper College in Casper, WY, The Boyfriend and Twelfth Knight at the Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City, UT, not really a "play", but I've been to see The Nutcracker Ballet twice by the Denver Ballet here in Denver, CO. I loved being in high school plays/musicals when I was young and I love to see them now! :)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Always so much fun to look at family photos! What fun times they help to bring back.

I really can't remember any big, professional plays... I do have to say that I really enjoy the musicals that our children were a part of .... our daughter as Dorothy in the "Wizard of Oz"...and loved when our son was Joseph in "Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat" The stage, sets, etc were very amazing... (I really think they did great...even if I wasnt their mom...haha)

Thank you again so much for stopping by my 100th post :o)

Blessings & Aloha!

More Than Words said...

You can always tell when a picture was taken in the 70's!! Very cool shot!!!!

Anna said...

love going to the theatre. most recently i saw WICKED in london's west end and it was fabulous!

Stef H said...

i was going to broadway plays - and a few off-broadway too - since i turned 16! at last once or twice a year. i saw ALL the award winning plays.... GREASE, SOUND OF MUSIC, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, CATS, ALL THAT JAZZ, and a few i can't remember. i LOVED broadway until it became unaffordable!!!!

so? have you turned your heat on yet? i finally broke out the sweats - yayyy!

have a great weekend.

hugs :)

Stylist A said...

what a great picture!!!

Yes I have been to a place... A few actually. The most recent one was Grease and was at the Orange County Performing Arts Center :)

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

I have seen many plays at different theaters. The most recent I saw was RENT at my college.
I have also seen Annie at the Fox Theatre in St. Louis as well as West Side Story at the Muny in St. Louis.

One of the most famous places I saw a play at was Ford's Theatre in Washington DC. I do not remember the play at the moment.

~Naila Moon

http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/

Patricia said...

Aww nice pictures~!

I went to just one Play back in Highschool..I think it was Hamlet. I'm not sure

Have a Great weekend too :)

~ Noelle said...

my first time in NYC I saw FOOTLOOSE
then, the next time we went...
I saw Phantom of the Opera, Rent and something else that i can not remember...
i love plays and all things theatrical

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...