Thursday, July 22, 2010

NaNee and her Girls Day Out!

As I told you my two granddaughters are visiting me. Today we went to the Randall Show to see "Despicable Me".  I have to admit even I enjoyed this animated feature.  Oh sure, there were a few dumb moments for me, but the girls were giggling up a storm.  The story was really cute, and the plot was not unfamiliar.  Who's going to get what first kind of thing.  If I had to compare it to any film I would say it was sort of like Monster's Inc.  (although I did like Monsters Inc. better).

We had a great time.  Despicable Me PosterIn a happy suburban neighborhood surrounded by white picket fences with flowering rose bushes, sits a black house with a dead lawn. Unbeknownst to the neighbors, hidden beneath this home is a vast secret hideout. Surrounded by a small army of minions, we discover Gru (voiced by Steve Carell), planning the biggest heist in the history of the world. He is going to steal the moon (Yes, the moon!) in Universal's new 3-D CGI feature, Despicable Me.

Personally I'd give it four stars.  Besides the popcorn was really good!  Tomorrow we're getting our nails and toes done!  WOO HOO!

6 comments:

Aleksandra Nearing said...

Looks like you all had a nice time! Nothing like giggling girls :)

Steph said...

I've been enjoying all of your posts about your granddaughters' visit. Glad you all had a great time at the movies! Enjoy your nail day tomorrow!

Karen Mortensen said...

What a fun day. It is so wonderful that you can spend some time with them.

Adaptable Kay said...

Aw, how fun!
I bet you all had a wonderful time :)

Colette S said...

You are such a wonderful nani! I wish the nanis in my family actually took an interest in my kids.

Glad you had a great time out with the grand kids.

Night Owl Mama said...

Awwww see how fun. LOL Tatyanna looks thrilled after the 2nd pic. TOoo funny. Sounds like a cute movie can't wait for it to comeout on DVd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...