Thursday, July 1, 2010

A friend of mine started "Friday Photo Flashback" because of having so many pictures from her PRE-digital camera days. She thought it would be fun to scan them and share them here with you. I'm having so much fun doing this, that I would love for you to join me, too! So dig out the photo albums and put your scanner to good use! Don't forget to sign in to MckLinky so we can all visit and comment on each others blogs!  I personally think it's a great idea, and sounds like fun!  I totally love old pictures.  Hey I use to have a camera like that.

 Okay, up until now I've only shown you my mother's side of the family, but today I'd like you to meet my dad's side of the family too!  I think this was taken in the early 1950's). First off picture on the left.  The half faced lady is my Aunt Tillie (my mom's sister) then there's my Gramma Chamberlin.  We called her "Big" Gramma as she was much taller then my mom's mother.  Next to Big Gramma was her oldest daughter my Aunt Dorothy (my dad's sister), and standing up in the back is my Mom's mother "Little" Gramma and/or Gramma Nellie and the boys is my cousin Cliff and Wayne my Aunt Dorothy's boys. Standing in the back there is my Mom.  
Now the Gentleman on right is my dad's father Grandpa Chamberlin.  He was born in London and my Gramma was born in Dusseldorf, Germany.  Grandpa was a truck-driver as my dad was.  This pic was taken early in the morn I'm told, so he really doesn't look that happy, but he was a very nice man.  
I just have one more I'd like to share:
This one here is my niece Marie, cousin Tommy and my daughter Tricia (yes, NightOwlMama) 1985? (not sure)

8 comments:

Jesson Balaoing said...

nice post, keep on blogging!

Robyn said...

Wow cool pictures.........there is some history there.

More Than Words said...

Wow! Your grandpa looks like he was an actor! Nice flashbacks, friend!

Karen Mortensen said...

Hi. Thanks for following me. I love the pictures of your family.

Colette S said...

I love seeing photos of memories like these.

Look at Tricia! She is lovely.

Unknown said...

your grandpa looks real serious..but like you said he's a nice man..are you close to him?

Ashley said...

great photos!!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Anonymous said...

Um, Grampa Chamberlin looked like a man you don't want to get on the bad side of, :)

Been following you but forget to say so, lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...