Friday, July 2, 2010

ALOHA FRIDAY/ HAPPY FRIDAY FOLLOW!

"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So here on Fridays we're taking it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’m asking a simple question for you to answer & nothing that requires a lengthy response.

If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the very friendly place of Islandlife808.com. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and find new followers!

My question is:  What is the age that you finally let your children shoot off fireworks?

When my kids were little I gave them the baby fireworks.  Snakes, sparklers, those things you throw on the ground and they'd snap.  When I found the little toys that swirl and sparkled they got those too.  We usually went to see the fireworks someplace else rather then us doing it.  So, I took a slide on them even asking because that stuff scares me to death.  Even now when they do it I'm yelling, "BE CAREFUL"!

I am also joining in with Friday Follow. So if you happen to visit and follow me, I will definitely be following you back!

friday-follow

12 comments:

Erin Wallace said...

I got burnt really badly on a sparkler when I was 5 you have to make sure that your children are mature enough to understand the danger of them before they can play with them. That being said, I have no idea what age is the right age!

Hi! I'm your newest follower from FF - love your blog! Hope to see you at Dropped Stitches!

xo Erin

CMash said...

I will give them permission after I am gone, this way I won't know or worry..lol.
CMash

More Than Words said...

I guess it depends on what kind. Sparklers are okay! LOL

Shawn said...

Hi -I'm a new follower of you from FF.Please follow me back - thanks.
http://laughingmonkeystick.blogspot.com/
For every follower that joins I will be releasing a Unicorn back into the wilds of the New Jersey boardwalk. So please do your part by joining and saving these special creatures. Thanks
Mr. Monkey

Colette S said...

I have not yet allow my kids to do this. I don't even know what a sparkler look like in package!

Maybe when they are older.

For now we'll go watch it around town :)

Happy weekend celebration!

Anonymous said...

My husband did them when the boys were younger and a stray one singed my son's hair and ever since then, we stopped doing our own fireworks.

East Coast Wahine said...

No fireworks for my girls when they were little. Just sparklers and closely supervised.

sues2u2 said...

I think the Prince was 10 when his uncles supervised (Hubby was tdy) this activity. He hasn't done it since though because it's illegal in Az.

Happy 4th!

Lothiriel said...

I'd say 10 is the ideal age for fireworks (if they must...i prefer NEVER).

Twincerely,Olga said...

prob when they r in H.S for the serious ones!!I am now following you!!!:)

~ Noelle said...

lol, broxton is one, so no need to even think about that yet..
my hubby lets the boys shoot them now and the youngest is 9
i stay away so that i do not have to see...
I think it is mostly sparklers for him, but i do not know because i am so nervous!!

Adaptable Kay said...

Truth be told, I've never shot off fireworks-Unless you count sparklers as one. Lol

Have a great holiday weekend Dolly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...