Monday, May 10, 2010

TOOTH EXTRACTION IS NOT FUN!

Do take my advice, please! 
Visit the 
dentistVisit your dentist annually.  Your  visits to the dentist are a vital part of staying healthy. With proper dental care, gum diseases and tooth problems can be properly diagnosed and treated before the problem can become serious. Ignoring simple dental problems can leave you vulnerable to bone diseases or infections that spread throughout the body, causing serious illnesses.
 

DentistTooth extraction is not fun.  I unfortunately had to get three of them pulled today, and he put a plate right in.  I feel like a mule kicked me in the face.  I came home, and I tried lay down for a while.  That worked for about a half hour.  Then it started to bleed again, and again, and again.  Okay, this is not good.  Hot compress for a while.  That seemed to work for a little while. Really you truly should take good care of your teeth, and do you annual visits when you're supposed too.  I did, but unfortunately back in the 70's I had an accident where I had a tooth knocked out & then a bridge put in, which eventually the teeth went bad, and I had to get a partial, which also caused them to go bad eventually, and with a vitamin deficiency I had more problems, which lead me to today!  BUT I will have my smile back shortly.  WOO HOO! 

Once my mouth starts to feel better I will show you a picture of my brand new smile.  I hope
you like it.   

Keep Healthy
 TeethKeep your teeth healthy, and your smile showing bigger than ever, but
taking care of your teeth is not just to show off your pearly whites. Taking care of your teeth will help prevent many illness's.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch, I hope you get to feeling better. I remember all to well when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I hated sitting in that chair knowing that one was out and I had 3 more to go.

Tricia Nightowlmama said...

Hugs Feel Better soon.

Jeannie, Jane, Angel, Mommy, etc.. said...

I hope you feel better! Getting your teeth pulled is never fun.

Liz Mays said...

It is important; you're right! I'm so sorry that you're going through this!!!!

Faythe said...

{{{Healing hugs}}}, Dolly!!
I have been there, done that!

tooth problems can lead to so much worse. I am glad you got it taken care of!
but make sure hot compress is the right thing... I thought it was cold until the clot is formed? I could be wrong, but check.. esp if you notice more bleeding & pain.. there should be someone on call to answer any Qs... and watch for signs of infection or selling... I got dry socket & that hurts more.

take care & hope you feel better PDQ!

Faythe @GrammyMousetails

Buckeroomama said...

Ugh, 3 at one go? {{hugs}} Hope you feel better. Go treat yourself to something. My dad always used to get me a treat after a tooth extraction at the dentist. :)

More Than Words said...

Oh my, I can imagine the pain!! Yes, regular dental visits are a priority here.

Kelly Miller said...

Yikes! I hope the pain and discomfort subsides quickly. In the meantime, at least you have an excuse to eat nothing but popsicles!

Unknown said...

I cringe from the thought of the pain you must be in. I hope the pain pills kick in for you soon. Take care!

CMash said...

OUCH !!!! Hope you get to feeling better real soon. So I was thinking..one of us needs to move to the other one's state so we can be closer to help each other out on occasions like this by making some really strong drinks lol.
BIG Hugs,
CMash

Stef H said...

oh girlfriend! i can soooo relate. i lost my teeth at age 20 (uppers) and 29 (lowers) - full set of dentures since i'm 29 and believe me, it's the best thing i ever did. the only thing that really upsets me is that my granddaughter (4-1/2) has terrible teeth - and at this age. she's such a pretty little thing. i'd hate to see her looks ruined by awful teeth! good thing her parents are good about her dental habits and visits!

you'll feel better and be glad you had it done! can't wait to see that awesome smile!

VKT said...

Bless your heart. That must have been so painful! I may have to have a tooth pulled and eventually an implant. The dentist thinks I may have a vertical fracture....ouch. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I hope you feel better soon sweet lady.

Colette S said...

Oh sweetie, I hope you start to feel better soon.

I wholeheartedly agree with taking care of my teeth and do it religiously as I can and same with my little ones.

I wish my hubs would take it as seriously as I do.

Before I had access to dental care, I just brushed and flossed ...pretty much all my life. When I went for a cleaning, my dentist was amazed that I had such good teeth and have not been to a dentist more than twice my whole life.

*HUGS*

Lothiriel said...

ouch! I am too afraid to have my wisdom teeth pulled out!!!

I need to do my 6 month cleanse!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...