Monday, May 3, 2010

Pork Tenderloin in Slow Cooker! mmm

My poor husband is getting two teeth pulled tonight, so I thought I'd make him a really good dinner before he leaves considering he probably won't be able to chew well for a few days. I have been experimenting with my Crock Pot lately. I use to have this really small one that never gave me much interest in cooking with it, but I dropped it one year at a party/picnic I had & it broke. I felt so bad that my husband went out & bought me a really nice Rival Crock Pot Stoneware Slow Cooker that was bigger. I love it, and it's easy to clean.
The Beginning.

mmmmmmmm Smells good!



Ingredients

  • 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
  • 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
  • 1 cup water
  • 3/4 cup red wine
  • 3 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • freshly ground black pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet. Pour water, wine, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat. Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible. Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on low setting for 4 hours. Serve with cooking liquid on the side as au jus.


*How did I find this recipe you ask? Well, of course silly I googled it! I picked http://allrecipes.com. They have everything on there website including a place you can make a recipe box. Very convenient. Check it out.

Well, here ya go! The Finish!
mmmmmmm Looking good, and it sure tasted good too! mmmmmmm
Disclaimer:  Thoughts and Opinions are 100% mine.  I did not receive and monies or product for this review.

15 comments:

$uper $avin' Momma said...

MMMMMM, that looks delicious! I love cooking in my crock pot...need to do it more often! Thanks for sharing!!

Cathy ♥ Snow White's Blog Shop!

Gledwood said...

Being as I don't eat pork, what would you say makes the best substitute meat: lamb or beef?

Unknown said...

YUM! I already ate dinner but now I'm hungry again!

More Than Words said...

I'm always looking for new crock pot recipes! This one sounds yummy too!

Buckeroomama said...

Crock pots make the most tender of meat!! This one sounds really yummy!

Jo Schaffer said...

Holy smokes! THAT looks succulent. My tummy is growling just looking at it. Reminds me of the time I made a pork roast and chopped up potoates, apples and onions with it. Mmm...Thanks for that delicious post!

Hey enter my drawing for a free book!
http://jostorm.blogspot.com/

cheeky rose said...

That looks very appetising lucky husband. I used to have or should I say, I have a crock pot used it a couple of times and it is now relegated to the back of the cupboard

cheeky rose said...

Thank you for all your comments on my blog, much appreciated.

Kelly Miller said...

Yum! When's dinner?

XmasDolly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
XmasDolly said...

Okay, the heck with it! Pull up a chair, and I'll get extra plates! Everybody's invited! :-)

Night Owl Mama said...

Oh good I'll be right over. YUMMMY!!
You ain't never eatin a good meal til you ate one that my mama cooked!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Now I'm hungry! :)

Isn't Allrecipes.com great? I love reading the reviews on some recipes, too - that helps decide if it's one I want to try or not! ;)

The Social Frog said...

Yummm! I love slow cooking!

Anonymous said...

I love crock pots. Dinner looks yummy. Hey have you and Elizabeth stop following me or is this blog on the fritz? Maybe you'll have to click the button again? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...