Sunday, August 26, 2012

XmasDolly's MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME... and the beat goes on!



  
 

WELCOME TO OUR 104th WEEK OF...    

"MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME" !
 XmasDolly/Conductor & my girls, CALLIE/JAmericanSpice, Stacy/Stacy Uncorked & Lorie/The Shewbridges of Central Florida, Cathy/Cathy Kennedy  Co-Conductors! WELCOME ABOARD!  Our Honorary Co-Conductor this month is Danielle from Royalegacy (BIG APPLAUSE)!  TIME TO PARTY -WE'RE EAGER TO FOLLOW U as your train arrives.


 Rules:
1.  You Tube,  lock & load! 
2.  Grab "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button.
3.  SIGN LINKY, Follow us, & leave a Rockin' comment!

Finally, Boogie down to your Fellow Rockin' Bloggers.  Also, bring some back with you to join us!  As you may have noticed any link that I see without music you don't  have to visit if you don't want too. It says NO MUSIC for your convenience. Do I take care of my Buds or what?

Our "SPOTLIGHT DANCER" now gets the PRIVILEGE of picking the THEME for the following week that we have a theme.  OUR EVERY OTHER WEEK FREEBIES REMAIN THE SAME.  There are a few themes left so it can be either or and then IT'S WHATEVER THE "SPOTLIGHT DANCER" CHOOSES!  WOO HOO!
RaveRave Girl


 "YOUR SPOTLIGHT DANCER IS... "
   
#23 Jennifer / Just Another Day
CONGRATS!  APPLAUSE!
Grab your button for "Spotlight Dancers" 
 DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW!







This week's theme is "SCHOOL DAYS! Billboard Hits the year you graduated High School / Favorite Prom Song! Suggested by Heather Happenings! Last weeks Spotlight Dancer"!  What's rockin' your world today?
So, let's see if I can remember way back when...
Let's see false eyelashes & eye shadow to match my lilac dress, check.  Mini-fall & every hair in place with hair spray, check.  No runs in my panty hose and waiting for my date.
It was 1968, and if I would have went to my prom that's what it would've been like, but the songs going on were really cool, and I'll tell ya.... the beat goes on:

 and then your boyfriend asks you to the Prom and is he...

And who can forget IT'S THE SAME OLD SONG - FOUR TOPS

"The Letter"

Aw Yeah, everybody "Tighten Up" now!

IT'S TIME TO REALLY PARTY Y'ALL - GET UP OUTTA DEM CHAIRS AND TURN UP DEM SPEAKERS & SHAKE DEM BOOTIES WIT ME... WOOOOOOOOOO

THANKS A BUNCH!


 HUGS AND DON'T FORGET TO ADD YOUR GIVE-AWAYS TO MY SHOW OFF TUESDAY & Tip your waitresses and bartenders.....  ooops sorry!  Forgot where I was at!~  HAVE A GREAT DAY PEOPLE - ROCK ON! 

Also, don't forget to visit Music Monday for more ROCK & ROLL FUN!
LadyJava's Lounge


19 comments:

Wayne W Smith said...

You had a pretty good year for music.

Amethyst Moon said...

so I hadn't heard the first one before, but I love the other ones! And yes I got up off the couch to do the tighten up! Have a great week!

Danielle Royalegacy said...

These is great music! I love Herb Albert. I used to listen to him when we would go on vacation. Grandpa had an 8-track of him. We would listen to him while we played cards at night in the Winnebago. Great memories! Thanks!
Danielle

Dominique@Dominique's Desk said...

HAven't heard the songs you mentioned this week but they sound really nostalgic.

˙·٠•●❤Sh@KiR@ ❤●•٠·˙ said...

Great music for your prom. Ok, in Malaysia, we do not have prom so I just came out with some music of 1965, the year I was born.
Mine is here
Have you a FANTABULOUS MUSICAL WEEK!!!
hugs
shakira

A Daft Scots Lass said...

the funky Four Tops!!!

Blogger Broadcast said...

So great that you were able to find those videos. Isn't youtube so awesome?

Cathy Kennedy said...

In 1968, I turned 7. I remember dancing to some of these with my auntie. The 60s had some really groovy hits! Thanks for putting together this little dance party week after week, my friend! ^.^

stevebethere said...

Love the oldies had a good singalong there :-)

Have a great week and thanks for the linky :-)

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

Those are fun flashbacks, girlie!

Lucy said...

Great prom songs, perfect to boogie and slow dance too :)

Heathers Happenings said...

I love, love, love the Four Tops.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Some great oldies there! And to clarify, you're just great - not an oldie. ;) Have a great week, Marie! :)



I’m Wide Awake why don’t you Call Me Maybe – it’s Not Your Birthday, so We’ll Be A Dream

becca said...

great song choices especially the sonny and cher love them i remember watching their show as a child

RoryBore said...

not a bad year at all! I can remember my mom had the Archie Bell 45 and I used to play it on my little Fisher Price record. LOL

kinda wish I still had that record player.

I can't seem to link up right now - keep getting error message: will try later.

Kayla @ TheEclecticElement said...

Hehe! It's so fun hearing songs from everyone's youth! I'm quite enjoying this particular theme :)

It definitely ranges and there are some in here that I haven't heard before!

Thanks for sharing my dear CM! Have a musical week ^.^

Jennifer said...

Sorry sorry sorry!!! Posting now!! Crazy day!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamericanSpice said...

I love the Four Tops! Ooh these are the days of good music!

Thanks for being a fabulous host dahling.

Jennifer said...

I love the Four Tops!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
© 2011 Infusion Design Studios