Wednesday, March 14, 2012

WEIGHT BEGONE! ONE WOMAN'S JOURNEY BACK TO GOOD HEALTH!

Hi Everyone!  This is my Weight Be Gone Thursday for me.  If you'd like to follow me in my journey you are welcome.  If you'd like to share your own journey feel free to sign my linky below, and I'll come visit you.  The reason I've started my journey is 2 weeks ago Friday I had a rude awakening to the reality of life in that I'm not getting any younger, and if I still wanted to lead a fun, and  happy life I had to make some serious changes.

As stated last week I've been diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis.  Since surgery in 2006 things just progressively got worse. Therapy after therapy didn't do much good.  I have to get shots in my back about every two to three months to be a normal person. I explained the gory stuff last week, so this week I want to tell you how I'm doing so far.


Last week I believe I told you I weighed in at 260 with blood pressure 171/72 .As of today I weighed in at 256 141/58.  Not bad I guess.  I've been doing little exercises here & there when I can other than walking, but mostly trying to watch what I eat.  I read on the internet that if you eat a ripe banana in the morning it will jump start your metabolism, so I've been doing that.  I also have been staying away from bread, eating fruit & veggies, chicken or fish.  Today I had meat.  I'm going to try to keep meat to maybe once or twice a week.  I made this veggie soup (also read on-line), and it's nothing, but veggies & I have a video for you.  So later I may have another video if it worked out.  Otherwise. if you'd like to sign my linky I'll come visit you & see how you're doing.










Thanking you for stopping by, and listening. I do have a button to the left if you'd like it so you can come back next Thursday. If you'd like to join me in my journey - make a spreadsheet like me and sign my linky & we'll follow this yellow brick road to the wizard and ask him for a new body!
post signature

4 comments:

Adaptable Kay said...

Look at that beautiful chicken! Oh man, my mouth is watering just watching you make everything :)

Oh, and that soup looks amazing, too-I can just imagine what it smells like! I love any and all sorts of veggies, so I'd probably like that soup.

Isn't that spoon called a ladle? Lol

I'm excited to go on your walk with you! In the mean time, hope you're enjoying your Thursday :)

Adaptable Kay said...

Oh, by the way, I left you a surprise on my blog!

http://theeclecticelement.blogspot.com/2012/03/im-like-askunk.html

W.C.Camp said...

WOW 4 pounds in just a week - you must have jump started your metabolism again - GOOD JOB!!

Once in awhile I really enjoy cutting up any type of lean protein (meat or fish) on a lettuce salad with some onions and tomato. It really is tasty and pretty low cal if you don't go crazy on the dressing. Try a little salsa for a dressing to keep you away from the high calorie cream dressings. GREAT JOB , I will check in next week! W.C.C.

Lisa Weidknecht said...

Thank you for linking up with the Planet Weidknecht Weekend Hop!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...