Saturday, March 31, 2012

MIRROR, MIRROR REVIEW


I had the wonderful opportunity to go see "Mirror-Mirror" last Thursday with my daughter, and three granddaughters. Although we loved the movie it just wasn't what we expected. To me it was a totally different movie. There were no seven little men with cute little names such as Doc, Sneezy, Dopey, or Sleepy and no Hi Ho, Hi Ho it's off to work we go... and sweet music from Snow White singing to the birds and them tweeting in song singing back, and absolutely no whistling while she worked. Instead, Snow White was turned into a pirate looking swash buckling, sword fighting the dragon that turned out to be the wicked queen's slave that did her bidding. WHEW! One thing that didn't change was the wicked queen was still an egotistical witch.

Don't get me wrong I did love the movie because I love Julia Roberts for one, and the dwarfs I have seen before in other movies like the series "Charmed" for example.    The movie in its entirety was funny (not hysterical), but a cute funny.  My granddaughters loved it too.  We did have a very nice time.  Although it wasn't in 3D it sure looked like it to me.  The Queen's butler was totally cool & funny.  To me it was like a Snow White from the twentieth century.  The part about the prince's character having a spell put on him... well, you check it all out.  Don't want to give it all away.  Maybe the kids thought it was funny, but well... maybe adults just don't get it, but it certainly had its moments.  LOL 

All in all it is a kid's movie, but not the small children.  I really don't think they would understand the concept.  Older children maybe nine or ten and up would love the movie, and keep them entertained with the music as well.  So, go ahead mom and dad take the kids out for a lovely afternoon of fun and popcorn.  You won't be bored, but don't be disappointed thinking you'll see Snow-White.  It's a modern day fairy tale with a little twist of rock & roll.  

*My review has been changed due to a comment that made me see my errors and I totally agree. I apologize if I spoiled anything for anyone.  Truly you should see this movie.  It was too, too, too cute!  Julia Roberts was her fantastic self!!!  Dear Anonymous:  I reviewed my own review, and I have heeded your advice. I guess I got over zealous, and wanted to tell all. I apologize to those who already read my review before, but it has since been revised.

Disclaimer: I was given tickets to see the movie to do a review, and share my honest opinion with my readers.  Anything else was at my own expense.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the movie and enjoyed the fun twist.
Mark that your post contains spoilers those that have yet to see the film will not read unless they want to know all about it.

Colette S said...

I haven't seen it as yet so I don't want to read all of this review.

I just glimpse through it because I don't want any spoilers :)

So glad you enjoyed it with your grand daughters.

Adaptable Kay said...

I definitely think this movie is geared more towards the younger crowd then adults-Honestly, I don't really have any inclination to see it, but I'm glad that it's a good movie that a family can go watch :)

XmasDolly said...

Dear Anonymous: I reviewed my own review, and I have heed your advice. I guess I got over zealous, and wanted to tell all. I apologize to those who already read my review before, but it has since been revised.

Introducing Mr. Cool said...

I didn't see your first review & as far as I'm concerned this is a great review. So it's a modernized Snow White. I think in today's day & age it'll go over really big & the middle school kids will love it. I think I'll take Rosie to see this movie. I'm going to send her a copy of the trailer she'll love it. Thanks for sharing. Wonderful job & I'm glad you got out for a change & had some fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...