Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WELCOME TO THURSDAY'S RECIPE SWAP MEET!

WELCOME TO OUR 2nd "RECIPE SWAP MEET"!
So, you say you've made that before over & over again!  You say, "Oh no, what am I going to make tonight"?  You say you have all these recipes that you don't know where they came from or what to do with them or they're your grandmother's secret recipe, but they take too long to make?  Well, I've got your back Girlfriend! 

Come join our "RECIPE SWAP MEET"   If you take one, give one!  What do you think?  All you have to do is sign our linky, grab our button, and show off your Recipe!  Below you will find your Chef-Hostesses XmasDolly (me), and Lori from The Shewbridges of Central Florida  (Lori says Hi!).  Hi-ya! 
Her recipe will be at her blog.

So yes, that means two for the price of one.  Couldn't ask for more, huh?  We have them from our own family archives, recipes we've collected over the years, and maybe some we have swapped from friends, magazines, cookbooks, wherever!

So, remember if you take one, sign our linky, grab our button, and will rush over to your place and grab yours!  Oh, and don't forget to follow and we'll happily return the love!  Maybe a comment too if you're not too busy!   I can hardly wait to see your family's old recipes and try them!  That's it!  Short & Sweet!  Let's start cookin'!  Looking forward to seeing you.  So mark your calenders!  We'll be here every Thursday.   So, if you're stumped on what to make tonight stop over by Dolly & Lori's RECIPE SWAP MEET!  Our button is in my right side bar!  ARE WE BUDS OR WHAT?  HERE'S MINE!  ENJOY!

TODAY'S RECIPE IS:

Oh come on what did you think on St. Patty's Day!  This is as Irish as I get folks!  Yep,  a Reuben Sandwich!


I usually take my Corn Beef & cook it in the Crock Pot on Low half the day!  I put it in there with a little bit of water (whatever the pkg. says), and then the seasoning in the package, put the lid on and go SHOPPING!  Yep, then after five or six hrs. on low I take it out and slice it thin with the electric knife, get the dark rye out and build.  So some corn beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese (then I put it in the microwave for a half a minute to melt it)  a little thousand island on the side and WAH LAH a full fledge Reuben!!!  
HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!  SUPPER IS READY!
So now all you have to do is sign our linky to lead us and/or our guests to you to swap a recipe.  Check them all out, and we'll check yours.  If you don't want to write it all down & know of one on line just post a link to it on your blog or leave it in a comment if you prefer!  Enjoy and Bona Petite!!!  Thanks for cooking/sharing along with us!  Nummers to all!  Perfecto

2 comments:

Time 2 Eat Yall said...

Sounds good! I love the way reubens looks and smell (hubs loves em) but I can't do Thousand Island....I'm weird.

Lorie Shewbridge said...

I love Reuben sandwiches!!! I hate corned beef & cabbage meals though. (I know, my grandfather is turning in his grave!) I do make it for Bill on St. Patty's - when we are at home because he likes it. I will eat the meat and the potatoes, but that's it.
Then I make eggs the next morning to go with the potatoes and leftover meat. YUMMY... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...