Tuesday, March 29, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!

That's my Mama and today she would've been 89 yrs. young!  She went to be with my Dad & her family on April 20, 2006, and passed in her sleep.  She was a feisty little girl, and always had to be in the lime light.  She was a 4'10" bundle of joy and love.  She played the accordion and the organ (that made her happy).  She loved music, and loved to dance and have fun!  She married my dad when he was in the service, and when she met him at the USO she danced with Donald O'Connor.  He was an actor in Singing in the Rain with Gene Kelly, Debbie Reynolds and Donald O'Connor.  She also danced with Ray Raynor.  Anybody remember him.  My big brother also took his footsteps on a pool table at the USO! 

She was loved by everyone!  I miss you mama!  Tell everyone I said hello, and don't forget what I told you in the bedroom.  May the Lord carry you through the sand while the Blessed Mother is holding your hand! 

5 comments:

Silver Strands said...

Awww - she looks like a perpetually happy perrson!

Adaptable Kay said...

Aw! Happy Birthday Mama Dolly! She sounds like an absolutely wonderful woman who spread a whole lot of joy in the years she was here :)

Kind of sounds like my great aunt-Both 4 foot nothin', spunky and feisty.

Those are the great kind of people ^.^

Lorie Shewbridge said...

Happy birthday Mama... thank you for keeping our troops happy at the USO and the one you married.
Thank you also for raising one of my best friends into the sweetest, most helpful and wonderful people I know. You must have been an awesome lady!
This post reminded me of an Irish proverb:
"Always remember to forget
The things that made you sad.
But never forget to remember
The things that made you glad."
Mama seems to have made many people glad, so I believe she will always be remembered.
Huggles, my friend.

Tricia Nightowlmama said...

i had a post all written up and i cried writing it so I never published it. :(

~ Noelle said...

she looks so happy and so very beautiful
obviously, she passed them on to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...