Thursday, March 17, 2011

Aloha Follow Friday the Over 40 Set is here Flashing back!

My big brother and me!  1953
Alicia at More than Words started "Friday Photo Flashback". I'm having a blast & you can too! Dig out your photo album! Don't forget to sign up so we can all visit and comment on each others pics/blogs! IT'S GREAT FUN! The picture above was probably Halloween, and we were at my paternal Gramma's house.  Dang, look at that fridge!!!

 
Are you a blogger over 40? Yeah, welcome to the club!
Please join in the fun over at Java's place, and get to know your fellow bloggers at Never Growing Old!!
GRAB JAVA'S BUTTON!  She's such a sweetie!  Thanks Java for hosting a fun meme!
 



"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday a day of rest. So we're doin' the same. On Fridays we're taking it easy on posting. Therefore, our hostess is asking a simple question for you to answer; nothing that requires a lengthy response.If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the very friendly place of Islandlife808.com. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and find new followers!
My question is:   What is your favorite childhood memory?   

Okay, I really have many, but if I had to pick any it was at the Legion picnics we use to go too.  We knew everyone, mom had her bingo, and they had a band and we always danced, swimming, food, and many games to win prizes.  From races to egg throwing contests.   They were tons of fun!

  Wasn't that fun?  ~hehe~  Have a Great Weekend Everyone, and THANKS for stopping by, and following me.   Oh!  Don't forget about "MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME".    This Monday  is a your favorite "Male Artist"!  WOO HOO!   I truly hope you ALL can make it. It's tons of fun!  Bring a friend!  Hell, bring lots of friends.  Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Mike Golch said...

cool photo,thanks for sharing it. I remember frids like that.

Karen Mortensen said...

I love that picture.

Debbie Petras said...

So glad to visit you again; it's been some time. As a kid, my parents were involved in Sons of Norway. I used to love their annual picnics. There was dancing and games and running contests. A very fun time with family and friends. And of course, I learned to sing many Norwegian songs there.

blessings and love,
Debbie

CMash said...

Every 4th of July. The town where my Dad's 7 bro/sis lived would have, to this day, a huge celebration. And we would have to be at my Uncle's house before 6am to watch the 3 hr parade and then a big bbq for the rest of the day and at night the carnival.

More Than Words said...

You two look adorable!! I can just picture your mom taking your picture!

And my favorite childhood memory? Visiting my grandparents every summer in VA!

Colette S said...

Awww you are so cute.

Great memory to have.

Mine would be getting enough points to get to level two and be able to go outside in the evenings instead of being locked upstairs in the orphanage

Have a great weekend woman!

Jennifer Bowen said...

What a great flashback photo! Such adorable and fun costumes!

My favorite memory? Having lunch with my grandmother at our favorite restaurant. =)

gautami tripathy said...

Good to find your blog. I arrived here via Follow Friday 40 and over!

I am a book blogger. I read varied genres, have a truly eclectic taste in books. Feel free to explore my blog, browse my reviews. I follow via google reader NOT GFC!

Here is my Book Blogger Hop/Follow Friday post!

Breathing In Grace said...

Oh, what a cute picture. I adore looking at old pics!! Thank you so much for joining me yesterday @ Jeremiah 29:11. HOPE you'll come back and visit more often. I have the little linky party every Friday!!!

Shawna Bates said...

Aww now that is an adorable photo!
How sweet!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

~ Noelle said...

my favorite memories from childhood are at my nana's house

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...