Thursday, March 10, 2011

Aloha Follow Friday the Over 40 Set is here Flashing back!

My Grandparents Wedding - 1918
My Grandparents/Wedding - 1918
My Grandparents and their children.  1942
Alicia at More than Words started "Friday Photo Flashback". I'm having a blast & you can too! Dig out your photo album! Don't forget to sign up so we can all visit and comment on each others pics/blogs! IT'S GREAT FUN! The picture above is the entire wedding party for my Grandparents Wedding. taken in Palermo, Sicily.   To the left of my grandfather were his cousins.  To the right of my grandmother were her sister three sisters, and two cousins (first little on the end is her sister, and the other 2 are cousins).  The picture taken in 1942 is their family.  First man on the left is my Grandfather, and my Grandmother is first on the right of the girls (my mom is on the left).  It's my Uncle Frank's (the oldest - 1st on the right) wedding.
 
Are you a blogger over 40? Yeah, welcome to the club!
Please join in the fun over at Java's place, and get to know your fellow bloggers at Never Growing Old!!
GRAB JAVA'S BUTTON!  She's such a sweetie!  Thanks Java for hosting a fun meme!
 



"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday a day of rest. So we're doin' the same. On Fridays we're taking it easy on posting. Therefore, our hostess is asking a simple question for you to answer; nothing that requires a lengthy response.If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the very friendly place of Islandlife808.com. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and find new followers!

My question is:  How old were you when you kissed your first boy?  Do you remember the circumstances, and name (first name is fine)?      

Okay, if memory serves me right I was 13.  Just graduated grammar school, and I met him playing softball & he said I was pretty so I kissed him.  His name was Phil.

  Wasn't that fun?  ~hehe~  Have a Great Weekend Everyone, and THANKS for stopping by, and following me.   Oh!  Don't forget about "MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME".    This Monday  is a FREEBIE!  WOO HOO!  That means you can post any song you like.  I truly hope you ALL can make it. It's tons of fun!  Bring a friend!  Hell, bring lots of friends.  Have a great weekend!

21 comments:

More Than Words said...

Wow!! What a treasure to have these photos! I can only imagine how beautiful it was in real life!!!!

Karen Mortensen said...

I love these pictures.

simplycathi said...

I don't remember any of it so...it must not of been very memorable. I do however remember kissing my husband! ;D
Happy Aloha Friday!

Jan at Jewelry4Change said...

I LOVE the wedding photo from 1918. That's amazing. :)
I'm a new follower on Follow Friday.

Stacy Uncorked said...

That is SO COOL you have those amazing photos! What a beautiful wedding!!

Heh, my first kiss with a boy was in Kindergarten - he (Curtis) and another boy were apparently fighting over me and he stole a kiss. ;) My first 'real' kiss wasn't until I was 19 with my first boyfriend. :)

Aloha: Weather

Unknown said...

wow, really a treasure.
love the bridesmaids gowns...

CMash said...

I think I was in 2nd or 3rd grade and we were sitting on the library stairs and he gave me a quick kiss. I even remember that his name was Richard.

I am Harriet said...

I have no idea. Probably in junior high.

Have a great weekend!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/03/how-i-saved-enough-money-to-fill-my-gas-tank-up-again/

Thrifty and Chic Mom said...

8th grade on a boat ride at Kennywood Park his name was JR ( I think)

Deni said...

I was in the first grade, I kissed him on the cheek and I pretty much was in love with him, his first name started with a B

Liz Mays said...

Those photos are absolute treasures! You're lucky to have them.

My first kiss was a nightmare. It was with a boy named Jeff. Worst into to kissing ever.

Andrea @ Momma in Flip Flops2 said...

LOL - 16, prom. Unless you count those goof off kisses. LOL! Love this.

Colette S said...

Wow. Those photos are amazing! I wish I had oldies like that of my family.

And kissing...hmm...

Not a good memory.

Now the 2nd time, hmmm I seriously can't remember the others... gosh.

Anyway have a great weekend beautiful!

Marie said...

Hmm, I'm not even sure. The first one that I remember kissing was my first year in college -- he was a photographer but I don't remember his name anymore. He was cute though :-)

annies home said...

ten years old

Hug a tree with me said...

this pictures are great, everyone looks so beautiful and classy

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

These are beautiful photos! Wow! I especially love the formal group wedding photo...love their wedding clothes!

Blessings & Aloha!

Lorie Shewbridge said...

Oh, Dolly, those photos are such treasures... and so beautiful!
I wish I had something so precious of any of my family members. I have ONE photo of my in-laws from my MIL's Senior Prom. I was in awe just looking at those pictures.

As for my first kiss... like Stacy, it was in Kindergarten, his name was Frankie and I slapped him, just like my daddy had taught me to do. Then I got in trouble and had to sit in the corner. Bummer! My first "REAL" kiss was with my first love that I almost married and I was 14, named Randy, and I loved him until I was 17.

niko said...

very beautiful pictures!!! i love their dresssses!!! just lovely!

thanks for dropping by my blog dolly!

happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love old photos so much I even rescue ones that are not my family, from thrift stores to give them a place of honor in our home.

Dolly- hope you are feeling well. Get better soon! Happy Healing.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I love to see older pictures! What great memories :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...