Thursday, March 3, 2011

Aloha Follow Friday the Over 40 Set is here Flashing back!

Me, SIL, Bro, Mom, Dad & Gramma (NaNa) 1970
Mom & Step-Dad
Alicia at More than Words started "Friday Photo Flashback". I'm having a blast & you can too! Dig out your photo album! Don't forget to sign up so we can all visit and comment on each others pics/blogs! IT'S GREAT FUN! The picture above is myself, my sister-in-law Linda, my brother Russ, my mom & dad & my mom's Mom Gramma better known as NaNa.  As you can see it was my brother's wedding day back in 1970.  To our right is my Mom playing the accordion probably back in 1993 or so.  She use to live in Las Vegas, Nevada & that's my step-dad Cliff.  They're both gone now, 2006.  She  played the accordion by ear, but she was really good.  She just couldn't play the left hand.
 
Are you a blogger over 40? Yeah, welcome to the club!
Please join in the fun over at Java's place, and get to know your fellow bloggers at Never Growing Old!!
GRAB JAVA'S BUTTON!  She's such a sweetie!  Thanks Java for hosting a fun meme!
 



"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday a day of rest. So we're doin' the same. On Fridays we're taking it easy on posting. Therefore, our hostess is asking a simple question for you to answer; nothing that requires a lengthy response.If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the very friendly place of Islandlife808.com. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and find new followers!

My question is:  Did you ever want to just slap or give them a good piece of your mind like a service guy, customer service, cashier, or waitress?    

Oh my Lord, don't get me started!!!  Too many times to count.  The other day I wrote a post about my car.  So far the update on that is NOTHING!  They refused, said NOT GUILTY, and I turned it into my car insurance!  ooooooooooo I COULD JUST SMACK SOMEBODY!


  Wasn't that fun?  ~hehe~  Have a Great Weekend Everyone, and THANKS for stopping by, and following me.   Oh!  Don't forget about "MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME".  February was fun with all the Love Songs, but that's over and this Monday's theme is "Your favorite Female Singer".  Oh boy, that one is going to be tough!  I truly hope you ALL can make it. It's tons of fun!  Bring a friend!  Hell, bring lots of friends.  Have a great weekend!

21 comments:

simplycathi said...

I've never had the urge to smack anyone however I don't hold back my opinion if anyone in customer service is rude or inconsiderate to me or anyone else for that matter.
Happy Aloha Friday!

Catherine L. said...

I didn't want to smack the mailman when she called me B. However, I did have a few choice words for her.

Jennifer K said...

Absolutely! Every time one of them calls me hon or sweetie. Drives me insane!

Thrifty and Chic Mom said...

The lack of service in the customer service industry is frustrating I have definitely wanted to yell before especially since I worked in customer service for years. It is no that tough!

CMash said...

Moi? Sweet innocent moi? YES and on a daily basis lol.

Stacy Uncorked said...

LOVE the flashback pictures! Too cool your mom played the accordion...so did my dad! :)

YES there are definitely times I wish I could slap someone. Totally. ;)

Aloha: Germy Shopping Carts

Deni said...

Yes, I have, many times, either that or just tell them to get a grip...

dtbrents said...

Great pictures. I wish I had more pictures of my Grandma and Grandpa. Doylene

Colette S said...

Thanks for sharing your family photos. I also enjoy seeing them.

I have not want to smack (can't remember wanting that) but yes I've wanted to rip into someone with some nasty words in regards to their behavior, especially if they are supposed to be doing their job!

Unknown said...

The worst to me is teenagers who are working in fast food restaurants and they have zero personality and zero clue how to relate to people.

I am Harriet said...

You mean like servers or cashiers who are coughing all over the place? ggrrrrrr....


Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/03/how-do-you-like-your-popcorn/

Anonymous said...

I love looking back at older pictures!

And yes...I've wanted to slap many of the above! ;)

Andrea @ Momma in Flip Flops2 said...

Yes, I used to work at Walmart in college and hello I KNOW HOW TO DO YOUR JOB. LOL!!! ;)

More Than Words said...

I loved that your mom played the accordian! And by ear? Awesome!!

And yes, I've wanted to slap someone many a time! LOL

Rach said...

I work in customer service, so if someonedoesn't give me good service i tell them!

Marie said...

On rare occasions I have felt tempted -- usually when I've been dealing with the same person for 15 minutes or more and we are clearly not making any headway -- then I just feel like banging my head on the counter in sheer frustration!

Lorie Shewbridge said...

You know how much I LOVE your flashback photos because now I have started playing along. :)

OH, boy have there been times when I wanted to smack some people. The main one was when the boys were little and we took our firs MAJOR trip to Disney World (we were living in CT) and we had purchased a new video camera. Two days before we were leaving we tried it out and found out the door didn't close properly. We took it back to Circuit City (a store I have NEVER been back to) and they couldn't fix it befor we left and wouldn't give me a new one. They gave me a "loner" that was a piece of CRAP that was heavy, used the big tapes, and had none of the features we had on the other one. Whe we got home, we found out the SOUND was broken on the loner - I was really pissed. We went to pick up our "repaired" camera and was told that they couldn't repair it and gave us a BRAND NEW CAMERA!! Bill stepped back with the boys because he figured I was going to jump over the counter and rip the lungs out of the lady's chest because she was totally obnoxious when she said it after I told her about the sound being broken on the loaner and our "once in a lifetime vacation" video being ruined.
Sorry, I rambled... I still get super angry about it and have never bought a single thing from Circuit City since then!

Anonymous said...

I have to say this. One of my daughters works in a store in "Customer service" and you wouldn't believe how demanding rude,people are who can't get their way. Can't return something they bought years ago, no reciept, etc.. etc.. Yes its a Big box store too. Even though she is great maintaining her cool. I know she has had times she would love to smack a rude patrons.

Anne said...

Happy to be here…
Just have followed you, hope you can follow me back.
Just for a Thought
Trying Hard Techie
Emotera
My Prince - Macoi
My All
Thanks

~ Noelle said...

too many times to count...
but now, i just speak my mind...

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

LOL - I think we all have moments like that. Of course, lately it's more the teacher and people at my son's school. Can not believe how some people are clueless (I can judge since I was a teacher).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...