Tuesday, February 1, 2011

TAKEN FROM ME: The Tiffany Rubin Story

This dramatic true story of Tiffany Rubin's (Henson) daring 2008 rescue of her six-year-old son, Kobe, after he was abducted by his biological father, and taken from his home in Queens, New York, all the way to Seoul, South Korea.

LIFETIME TELEVISION TO PREMIERE
TAKEN FROM ME: THE TIFFANY RUBIN STORY, STARRING
TARAJI P. HENSON AND TERRY O’QUINN
MONDAY, JANUARY 31
This movie aired last night, January 31st.  I waited to write my review because I too have been in this woman's situation many years ago.  I related to Tiffany's story.  I felt what she felt when my own son was taken by his biological father.  Granted he did not take him out of the country, but it might as well have been.  The city of Chicago can be a very large place when  your son is missing.  How can I share these feelings with you?  How can I share with you the agony, the heartache, the pain, the feeling of total emptiness!  Today I finally can though "The Tiffany Rubin Story"! 
Lifetime
Lifetime Television is the#1 rated women’s network and, is committed to offering the highest quality entertainment and information programming, and advocating a wide range of issues affecting women and their families. I have seen so many stories on this channel, and you can learn so much about life from them.  For example: Fantasia Barrino life story aired not that long ago about a young girl becoming a mother way before her time, and it's problems. Lifetime Television®, Lifetime Movie Network®, Lifetime Real Women® and Lifetime Digital™ (which includes myLifetime.com, LMN.tv, Lifetime Games, Roiworld.com, DressUpChallenge.com, MothersClick.com and LifetimeMoms.com) are part of Lifetime Entertainment Services, LLC, a subsidiary of A&E Television Networks, LLC. A&E Television Networks is a joint venture of the Disney-ABC Television Group, Hearst Corporation and NBC Universal.  They also have True Story Thursdays, which is the night I always check to see if it's something I would be interested in.  Many women have had teen pregnancies, themselves or their daughters, friends or relatives.  Many have lived through a abusive relationship.  I was also there too!  How I wish Lifetime was around 30 years ago.  The lessons Lifetime's programs teach now is absolutely wonderful.  Pass this word on.  How does the old saying go?  "We can learn from other people's mistakes", but let me add this; we can also learn how to live through it, and pick up the pieces!  You can sign up for Lifetimes newsletter at http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/ .

If you missed this movie you have a second chance to watch it at:

“Taken From Me: The Tiffany Rubin Story” is based on a dramatic true story of Tiffany Rubin’s daring 2008 rescue of her seven-year-old son, Kobe, after he was abducted by his biological father...More about "Taken From Me: The Tiffany Rubin Story"
My friends please!  This story is true!  A real life traumatic experience that will pull at your heart strings with what a woman/mother had to go through!  If you have a child, and are a single mother learn from this movie.  If you are a single mother or even remarried like Tiffany was watch this movie, and relate so this does not happen to you.  You live your life under your own control, but as parents we also have another little life to love, shape, and be a big important part of!  Hug your child today, and tell them how you feel.  Tell them so they understand that if someone tells them that you don't love them it's a boldface lie!  Love them my friends, and no matter where they are they're always in your heart!


Thank you Lifetime for helping with life's ups and downs.  Thank you for the opportunity to relate, and learn from the true stories you have aired on your network.  Thank you for lending us your helping hand, and thank you for caring enough to do so!


*Disclaimer:  I received a DVD of "Taken From Me" in order to write a honest review, and honest opinions were used.  Opinion is 100% my own and may vary from others, and no monetary compensation was given.

3 comments:

Rhiannon said...

omg i am tearing up reading this post. I heard about the movie and didnt know it aired last night I would have dvr'ed it! When my half sister was 4 yrs old her father kidnapped her. She was missing for 10 months and 1 week and the police had told us they cannot do anything unless he brings her out of state... he took her over 5,000 miles away out of state and STILL nothing happened to him. It really is quite an experience to go through. Thanks for sharing this and Im setting my drv to catch the next airing!

Emy said...

Hope I don't miss the next showing.
P.S.
Thanks for the follow! Can't wait for your next posts.

Sofa King said...

That girl sure had a lot of moxy I'll say! Very informative Post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...