Wednesday, February 16, 2011

RECIPES FOR OVER-THE-HUMP/WORDFUL WEDNESDAY

This week I'm going to give you a recipe that my mother-in-law gave me back in the early 90's, and I've been making it ever since. We love it in our home & I hope you will too. This week's recipe is "Impromptu Meatballs". 

IMPROMPTU MEATBALLS
1 lb. of ground beef
bread crumbs
2 eggs
salt, pepper, marjoram, thyme
2 large can of tomato sauce
spring noodles
chopped onion
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2 tbsp. vinegar
2 tbsp. barbecue sauce
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce


First of all, let's boil our squiggley noodles until done, rinsing in cold water.  Preheat your oven at 350 degrees.  Let's make the meatballs.  Put your ground beef in a bowl, and then add your bread crumbs,  two eggs, garlic powder, a touch of oregano & accent, seasoned salt, pepper, marjoram, thyme.  Most of this is to taste.  Mix, and make little meatballs.  Fry them until they are about medium done.

After which we will now make the sauce put garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, pepper, marjoram, thyme, 2 large can of tomato sauce, 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1/2 cup of brown sugar,
2 tbsp. vinegar, 2 tbsp. barbecue sauce, and 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce, and mix.  Then taking your baking pan sprinkle some sauce on the bottom until covered.  Add cooked noodles, then your meatballs, pour you sauce all over everything and mix.  Once you're finished sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top, and bake for 30 minutes.  Bona Petite! 
Cooker Queen!
The Cakeblast with linky
Mom Spotted with linky


For more Wordless Wednesday visit 5 Minutes 4 MomHere and ThereGo Graham Go, and Hobo Mama’s WW Linky List!

8 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Those look so great! I do have some ground beef in the freezer....hmmmm...

Faythe said...

Yummy! now I am hungry. thanks for mentioning my linky :) ~hugs~

Simply Being Mommy said...

Yummy! Thanks for the recipe.

Adaptable Kay said...

Oooh, meatballs! I'm kind of hungry now. Lol

Rachel @ Little Kitchen, Big Bites said...

omg its so awesome that you make your own...you make me feel lazy :). thanks for your kind comments earlier this week...following you back!

mrs. h
http://myhappilyeveraftertheend.blogspot.com

Colette S said...

One of these days I definitely want to make my own meatballs.

Thanks for sharing.

Sofa King said...

My mom sure knew how to cook, and so does my wife! Guess that's one of the reasons I married her.

Lorie Shewbridge said...

Sounds yummy... can you come over and cook for me and Bill? I've been feeling so crappy that poor Bill has been suffering and listening to Dave, you seem to be a great cook (how sweet of him to tell everyone how great you are.)
So, are you gonna start a REAL recipe meme? Tell me when, I'd like to participate, I have two ready to go to put on the meme and one more I'm working on.... Let's get cooking, girlfriend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...