Wednesday, February 2, 2011

NEWS FLASH!

FLASH!  NOW IN NEW PICTURES OF THE SNOWSTORM IN ILLINOIS GOING ON AS WE SPEAK!  PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO COME OUT OF THEIR HOUSES TO TRY, AND DIG THEMSELVES OUT.  THERE IS NO TRAFFIC ON THE STREETS!  FLASH!  ONE PLOW TRUCK JUST WENT DOWN OUR STREET SINCE YESTERDAY WHEN THIS BLIZZARD STARTED!

We are snowed-in in Batavia, Illinois.  In case you don't know where that's at I'd say it's about 45/50 miles west of Chicago.  There's my car surrounded by snow, and snow drifts.  Don't think that will be moving any time soon.  If you can see Baby (our dog) has made a pathway to go do her business, but coming back I thought she was going to get stuck, but she made it.  All though she looked like a Polar bear, but she shook it off faster then I could get my camera because I was laughing to hard.  Poor thing!

This was taken last night around midnight at the storms worst (as I thought at the time).  For the first time ever I actually heard thunder, and saw lightening DURING A SNOWSTORM?  I have never heard that before.  TOTALLY WEIRD!

This video was taken last night:



STAY TUNED FOR STATION IDENTIFICATION, BUT FIRST... FLASH!  A UP-TO-DATE VIDEO!  Video was taken this morning.  Our featured character, "Baby" (our Black Lab) just didn't know what to make of it!

To Be Continued.......

(the cable when out at Xmasdolly's so she asked me to publish this for her) You will be returned to your regularly scheduled writer as soon as her cable gets turned back on.

8 comments:

Aimee said...

Yikes! We were iced in yesterday, but nothing like this!!

Anonymous said...

looks like what we had last week

Anonymous said...

Extremely educational post. And furthermore I mean it

Anonymous said...

Are you going to laugh when I say I am totally jealous of all of that?! ha!

Every where we have lived, we have never really had any snow. back home in Texas, we had it twice in my lifetime. Back in 2000 we had a 3 day blizzard in Virginia that was awesome! We had a couple of flurries a few days ago here in Japan but nothing that really sticked.

I want snow!! :-)

Faythe said...

we have a wind chill advisory tonight, as if the temps could not drop any more (shh) I am tired of all this white frozen stuff! help!!!

Sofa King said...

Man, no cable all day! Total bummer.

More Than Words said...

That is just crazy!!!

~ Noelle said...

that is so crazy!
looks like it would be fun to play in for a minute... but being stuck. no cable and living there... nope, i think we will pass!
yall stay warm

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...