Thursday, February 3, 2011

Aloha Follow Friday the Over 40 Set is here Flashing back!

 Alicia at More than Words started "Friday Photo Flashback". I'm having a blast & you can too! Dig out your photo album! Don't forget to sign up so we can all visit and comment on each others pics/blogs! IT'S GREAT FUN! You'll love walking down memory lane - just as I do! This pic was taken in 1980.   It's my youngest who was a preemie 3.lbs 2 oz at birth, and I didn't get to take her home until she 12.25.55.  It happens to be my brother Russ, and myself.  My mom made us hold hands of all things & I think you can tell on our faces we weren't too pleased about it! 

 
Are you a blogger over 40? Yeah, welcome to the club!
Please join in the fun over at Java's place, and get to know your fellow bloggers at Never Growing Old!!
GRAB JAVA'S BUTTON!  She's such a sweetie!  Thanks Java for hosting a fun meme!
 



"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday a day of rest. So we're doin' the same. On Fridays we're taking it easy on posting. Therefore, our hostess is asking a simple question for you to answer; nothing that requires a lengthy response.If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the very friendly place of Islandlife808.com. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and find new followers!


My question is:  What drink is your preference?

With my meal I drink Skim Milk or diet soda.  When I go most of the time it is Zinfindel, but on occasion I've had a few Margarita's.  Summertime I drink wine-coolers. Thanks to all who voted for me last week for a Blog Make-Over.  Due to the Snow-Storm I guess the news kind of fell through the cracks.  I did win Second Place.  I'm hoping to blog about it this weekend.

*Also, I am being featured at CMash loves to read this Sunday!  Stop by and have a few laughs if you get the chance.  Thanks!

  Wasn't that fun?  ~hehe~  Have a Great Weekend Everyone, and THANKS for stopping by, and following me.   Oh!  Don't forget about this Monday - "MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME".  This month's theme is:  "Amor"!  Yes, my darlings it's the month of love!  Each and every Monday we are going to have nothing, but songs of  "LOVE"!  So, get in the mood cuz we're going to turn up the temperature a bit, and get ready for a very romantic Valentines Day!   I truly hope you ALL can make it. It's tons of fun!  Bring a friend!  Hell, bring lots of friends.  Have a great weekend! 

18 comments:

Catherine L. said...

My everyday drinks are ice tea, lemonade or ice cold water. I usually order a margarita or pineapple/rum when I go out.

Stacy Uncorked said...

LOVE that picture of you and your brother! Especially the looks on your faces about having to hold hands! ;)

My every day drinks are coffee in the morning and Vanilla Coke or water in the afternoon. Of course I enjoy a nice glass of wine now and again, and if we're going out with friends, my drink of choice is usually Captain Morgan and Coke with lime. :)

Aloha: Where Do You Blog?

Unknown said...

My everyday drink is unsweet iced tea. I drink a lot of unsweet tea all day - both iced and hot tea. If I'm out to dinner I will occasionally have a margarita or daquiri.

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Water is what I drink 95% of the day. At one point during the morning I will have a cup of Keurig coffee to help keep headaches away. I used to avoid caffeine for this reason, but now I need it.

Scatz said...

Love your picture this week! Love the looks that say..do we have too? LOL. Despite the pain of it all I do expect you were good friends really. Thanks for sharing

Deni said...

Diet coke, skim milk or water

Anonymous said...

Yea, over 40 here too. My drink of choice is Coffee. Hot or Cold. Either one makes me happy.

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Great blast from the past picture.

I love Sweet Iced Tea, but it doesn't love me back so I go for diet soda or mineral water instead.

Thrifty and Chic Mom said...

Dr Pepper and strawberry daquiris

Colette S said...

Ahh those were the days huh. So young and not knowing much about life as yet.

I'm glad your mom still took the photo :)

My drink...hmm. I love water and then milk or tea with milk.

Aloha!

Sarann said...

I really like iced tea and skim milk as my everyday drinks. For beers I like Fat Tire and wine I love Pinot Noir. I also love a good strawberry margarita. When I used to go clubbing in college I would get either whiskey sours or sex on the beach.

Hug a tree with me said...

love it:) the looks on both you guys faces is too cute,its a great picture

Sofa King said...

I know that look! LOL Give me my coffee in the morning & a cold beer at night & I'm one happy camper.

Blogger Broadcast said...

Two drinks, coffee and coke.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Cute Christmas photo :o) haha I love that you two are holding hands... (Like when a mom says to their kids- "Say sorry to your brother/sister...and mean it!"

Blessings & Aloha!
(oh...I love water, sweet tea, guava juice, orange juice with lotsa pulp, frappacinos, coffee with lots of flavored creamer, Hawaiian Sun brand juices...I better stop! haha)

Lorie Shewbridge said...

I love that photo of you and your brother - how adorable!
My favorite drink of all time is water... and of course ther is coffee. As for alcohol, I like vodka, I prefer lemon drops and vodka martini's with 3 olives.

Unknown said...

thanks for the following.
nice photo you have there...
i like coffee and regular coke.

~ Noelle said...

sweet tea...
love me some sweet iced tea!!!!
YUMMY... but then again... give me a coke.. good to go.
or a margarita, although its been a bit since i had one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...