Thursday, February 17, 2011

Aloha Follow Friday, NEVER GROWING OLD, & Photo Flashback!

Alicia at More than Words started "Friday Photo Flashback". I'm having a blast & you can too! Dig out your photo album! Don't forget to sign up so we can all visit and comment on each others pics/blogs! IT'S GREAT FUN!   The top picture (1968) is my family in the house where I grew up.  From right to left is my Grandmother (Nana), Mom, Dad, Aunt Bernice, and my Godfather & Dad's older brother Uncle Robbie who my youngest son was named after, but they're both Robert, but Mom started to call him Rocky (or Rocco) instead of Robbie.  This little girl is in the same house with my mom's dog Peppy.  Now I bet you're wondering who she is!  ~hehe~  Okay! Okay!  That's NightOwlMama (my baby girl - Tricia Lita, a nickname my Dad use to call her).  This is Dec. 1969.

 
Are you a blogger over 40? Yeah, welcome to the club!
Please join in the fun over at Java's place, and get to know your fellow bloggers at Never Growing Old!!
GRAB JAVA'S BUTTON!  She's such a sweetie!  Thanks Java for hosting a fun meme!
 



"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday a day of rest. So we're doin' the same. On Fridays we're taking it easy on posting. Therefore, our hostess is asking a simple question for you to answer; nothing that requires a lengthy response.If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the very friendly place of Islandlife808.com. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and find new followers!


My question is:  Can you remember your favorite toy as a kid, and maybe your favorite game?   

I loved my Connie Stevens doll.  (She was like a Barbie).  I loved making clothes for her, and I loved my phonograph.  Had lots of records too.  My favorite game was "Life"!

  Wasn't that fun?  ~hehe~  Have a Great Weekend Everyone, and THANKS for stopping by, and following me.   Oh!  Don't forget about "MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME".  This month's theme is:  "Amor"!  Yes, my darlings it's the month of love!  Each and every Monday we are going to have nothing, but songs of  "LOVE"!  So, get in the mood cuz we're going to turn up the temperature a bit, and get ready for a very romantic Valentines Day!  I truly hope you ALL can make it. It's tons of fun!  Bring a friend!  Hell, bring lots of friends.  Have a great weekend! 

26 comments:

More Than Words said...

I love older photos like those!! LOL, my dad used to smoke in the house when we were growing up! Those were the days! And awww...look at your little girl! I'll have to go and visit her blog again!!!

Anonymous said...

My favorite toy, though really not a toy, was my bike. Other than that, I loved playing Parcheesi and Trouble.

simplycathi said...

I loved board games as a child and still do! ;D

Tricia @Nightowlmama said...

gosh dang I was the cutest lol and look at ol' Peppi

I miss them all so very much.
MOM you call me Trisha Lita
Grandpa called me Patty Sue. lol

Tricia Nightowlmama said...

oops forgot
my favorite was PERFECTION!! lol I loved that game

The Social Frog said...

My favorite toy was my collection of miniature Mr. Potato Head Family figures!

Mrs. Tuna said...

Our favorite game.....dark house. It was a made up game of hide go seek except we turned off all the lights and scared the crap out of each other.

Empty Nester said...

I don't recall one favorite toy but I did love my stuffed animals! They sat on my bed in a specific order.

Unknown said...

Favorite toy: Barbie Dolls
Favorite game: Clue

highheeledlife said...

Hi there thanks for visiting ... I'm the newest follower of your blog!!! That meatball recipe sounds yummy!!! xo HHL

Falling Off A High Heeled Life
http://attitudeivlife.blogspot.com/

Deni said...

Favorite toy - my barbies!

Favorite Game - it wasn't a board game, it was actually Red Rover

CMash said...

My Barbie Doll and Monopoly...they were the best!!

Auntie E said...

I really did not play with toys, However my favorite thing was the nurses outfit my grandmother maid for me. It was a cape with the redcross on it and a hat.

Colette S said...

I always enjoy your photos of yesteryear.

I didn't have toys as a kid. I climbed trees. chases lizards etc.

Andrea Kruse said...

Depended on the age... but, I loved my Strawberry shortcake doll and big snail that she rode on.

Here following you, too.

I am Harriet said...

I was just thinking about a doll I had who played music.

Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/02/thin-mints-samoas-or-shortbread/

kailani said...

My favorite games as a kid are the same as an adult . . . Candyland & Life! :-)

Menopausal New Mom said...

I received an awesome set of Paint Wheels when I was 5. Probably toxic as anything Lol!

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

I loved my Barbies, Cabbage Patch Kids, and Lite Brite (the new ones are not the same). Favorite game was probably Go For It or Life.

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Ha ~ well, this will date me ~ But my favorite game was Candy Land and fav toy was Barbie and Ken dolls!! Happy Friday to all!!

Hug a tree with me said...

Those pics are great:)

Adaptable Kay said...

Those are gorgeous pictures! I love the look of older pictures-They're just so beautiful in their own way :)

As for a favorite toy...Hm...I'd have to say my favorite toy wasn't a toy, but a stuffed animal I've had ever since I was 1 name Mr. Bear.

Yes, he is indeed a bear xD

I still have him too {and sleep with him, but don't tell! Hehe.}.

Happy Friday!

Sofa King said...

Hey, the whole family at the table & you behind the camera. You're gram & parents don't look that old there. So, my favorite toy as a kid huh. Well, I have to say it was my guitar, but it's no toy!

Elaine said...

When I was younger, I had a Barbie that you put stickers on, lay the doll in the sun, the skin would darken and then you take off the stickers- (tattoos) Where the stickers were, would be white. I also had an electronic game called Merlin that I liked.

Lorie Shewbridge said...

Love those photos... I love seeing them every week. Tricia is such a cutie pie.
I know that my favorite toy was a blue teddy bear that my grandmother gave me the day I was born, it had a music box at one time but I took it out fixed it and replaced it. Then it broke for good and I did a complete musicboxectomy (hence when I decided I wanted to be a doctor). I still have that teddy bear safely stored away - minus the music box and all of it's fur. :)
Miss you grandma... love you!

~ Noelle said...

probably my cabbage patch dolls...
or rainbow brite! :)
games? ALL of them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...