Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Elmer's Virtual Bag It Forward and Adopt A Class Room

I was a single mother raising four children on my own, and when all four were in school at the same time believe me between getting them clothes, shoes, and school supplies I needed two jobs just to keep a float.  Thank God I had friends at my job that we all kind of passed around hand-me-downs, but they were really good clothes, and I had a wonderful mother who helped out buying each one a brand new outfit for the first day of school for each child.  She also bought odds & ends of supplies.

I had to sneak time here, and there to go shopping for everything even if I had the money, I didn't have the time to go get everything for four children with working two jobs, but some how we managed.  Nowadays I have heard of these programs that give children who are from low-income families school supplies, and even medical programs for their shots for school too.

I was sent a Elmer's Virtual Bag from Tricia over at NightOwlMama.  So, now I'm also sending a Elmer's Virtual Bag to three fantastic Bloggers that I know.

Noelle at Jumping Beans
Alicia from More than Words
Cheryl from CMash loves to read
Okay ladies read the instructions below copy and paste to your blog and/or you can find full instructions at http://bagitforward.org/donate-a-bag/

ELMER’S VIRTUAL "BAG IT FORWARD" rules:

  • Copy and paste these rules into your blog post or Facebook note.
  • Create a post giving a “virtual bag of school supplies” to other bloggers or write about your Back to School shopping trip at Walmart.
  • Link back to the person who gave you a bag of school supplies.
  • Let each person you are giving a virtual bag of school supplies know you have given them a bag.
  • Leave your link in the Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward comment section. You can also find the official rules of this virtual #bagitforward program there.
  • Elmer’s is donating $10 for each blog participating in the Virtual Bag It Forward Donation to Adopt-A-Classroom (up to total of $10,000 for blog posts written by September 10,2010).
  • Please note that only one blog post per blog url will count towards the donation
Be sure to head over and leave your link to the post on Bag it Forward post for the post to count towards Elmer's Donation . 

3 comments:

~ Noelle said...

thanks...
posting now!

Liz Mays said...

It's just great what they're doing with this!

More Than Words said...

Wow, this is awesome!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...