Thursday, September 9, 2010

ALOHA FRIDAY PHOTO FLASHBACK.FRIDAY FOLLOW 40 & OVER!

Alicia over at More than Words started "Friday Photo Flashback" because of having so many pictures from her PRE-digital camera days. She thought it would be fun to scan them and share them here with you. I'm having so much fun doing this, that I would love for you to join us, too! So dig out the photo albums and put your scanner ON! Don't forget to sign in to her MckLinky so we can all visit and comment on each others blogs!   IT'S GREAT FUN!    Please come join us.   Just sign up at Alicia's linky at Friday Photo Flashback (link above).  You'll love walking down memory lane - just as I do!


The first picture you see was taken in December 25, 1955, and that little girl missing her front teeth happens to be me.  Now that sweetie pie next to me happens to be my granddaughter Brianna at approximately the same age.  Whatcha think?  Are we practically twins or what?  ~hehe~



Are you a blogger over 40? Yeah, welcome to the club!
Please join in the fun and get to know your fellow bloggers at Never Growing Old!!

"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So here on Fridays we're taking it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’m asking a simple question for you to answer & nothing that requires a lengthy response.

If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at the very friendly place of Islandlife808.com. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends and find new followers!

My question is:   What is your all time favorite "Fairy Tale" (I mean other than Disney movies)?  


I have so many.  When I was a little girl I loved Mythology.  My favoirte story from that was Pegasus of course.  Fairy tale though I'm going to have to say I have two.  Jack and the Beanstalk is one (dig the fee fi fo fum stuff - it scared the crap out of me when I was little ~hehe), and the other was and the other was Hanzel and Gretal.  Love Gingerbread Houses!  ~hehe~


Have a Great Weekend Everyone, and THANKS for stopping by.  Before you go take a peek at my new give-away and the other ones too.  Oh!  Don't forget about this Monday - "MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME"  I truly hope you all can make it.  It'll be a blast!

23 comments:

Jo Schaffer said...

Your granddaughter looks so much like you!
I always liked the old fairy tale called Snow White and Rose Red.
Also Sleeping Beauty, The 12 Dancing Princesses and Rumplestilkson.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

I look forward to coming to see your Friday Photos.

This one is no exception.

Have a great weekend.

Crisc said...

Goldilocks and the 3 Bears =)

Auntie E said...

I love how children look so much like their parents. Mine is adopted and people say she look like me, I laugh inside and say ..you think so...
Here's my Aloha Friday link for you

Cool Gal said...

You two are just adorable and, yes, you look a lot alike.

Thanks for the follow. Happy to follow you right back.

Have a great weekend!

TheAtticGirl said...

My favorite Fairy Tale was Cinderella.

http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2010/09/aloha-friday-twitter-parties.html

I am Harriet said...

You know, I don't think I have a favorite.

Have a great Friday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/09/voyage-to-the-bottom-of-the-sea-225/

Dee said...

What? I LOVE Disney movies. :) I guess I don't have a fav if we're not talking Disney.

Sofa King said...

Cute pics, but I don't do kids and fairy tales, but baby I'm from a long line of "Bad Wolves"! LOL TGIF

CMash said...

Cindarella.
Voted but am getting tired of the white fence...needs some color lol.
CMash

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Rumpelstiltskin was my favorite.

Catherine L. said...

Since I can't go with a Disney Fairy Tale, I'll say Little Red Riding Hood.

Elizabeth Dianne said...

So glad to meet you and look forward to knowing you better. And yes, you guys are practically twins--precious, the both of you!

God bless,
Dianne

~ Noelle said...

my favorite fairy tales?
i do not remember...
but now, it is the fairy books that i reviewed on my blog..
like the SOCK FAIRY!!!!

Debbie Petras said...

Wow, you and your granddaughter look very much alike! How cute!

Yes, we had lots of fun at the wedding. You would probably fit right in. They all love to party and have fun, that's for sure.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

OMG! Dolly I'm here following you in networked blogs and just noticed the picture of you and your granddaughter....you are absolutely identical!! It's almost scarey. Both real cuties though. Wow.

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

yep, you look like twins!
Happy weekend!
~Naila Moon

Twincerely,Olga said...

IDK!!! miss ya!I haven't been blogging much lately but plan to start!:)

Night owl Mama said...

Holy wow that is crazy ...I think the only difference is the eye shape. Where on earth did you find that photo?

Colette S said...

At first I thought it was a colored photo of the same little girl!! Wow. Definitely in the family. Was that a donut you were holding there Dolly?

My fairytale is Cinderella.

niko said...

i thought i saw a twin in there!! oh my!! your granddaughter is your look-alike!! you are both pretty little darlings in the pic :)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Great to see your photos! And I love to see when the family resemblance shows through in families!

Blessings & Aloha!
trying to catch up once again on my blog reading!!!

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh, yes!!! She totally has your nose!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...