Monday, August 23, 2010

MUSIC MONDAY!

It's Music Monday one of my favorite Meme's... 

Yes, Music Monday! ...because it's what moves me.  
My friend Tara over at  Keeping up with the Kelly's got me hooked on her meme.  Music Monday!  Here's what to do if you'd like to join us.
How do you join in?
1) Pick a song based on the theme of the week or any song of your choosing on a non-themed week.
2) Find the song's video on www.youtube.com or another video hosting site.
3) Write a post displaying the Music Monday button, which links back to me (I would greatly appreciate this step) and share the story behind or why you chose the particular song.
4) Add the video so we can all enjoy and leave you comments.
5) Click on your post title (not the main page of your blog) and copy the link in the address bar.
6) Click on the MckLinky link at the bottom of my post and add your copied link address and your name so we can all visit you.
7) Visit the other participants, leave comments and make new friends!
 
Isn't that neat.  Here's today's theme:
Pick a song...
August 23 - From Randon Songfact - Directions: 1) Go to www.songfacts.com, 2) Click on Random Songfact in the lefthand navigation bar, 3) Either list the first song that pops up or you can keep clicking until a song you recognize comes up, 4) Do a Music Monday post on that song including the video and listing some of the song facts!
I went there, and this is what came up for me.  I've never heard it before, but I do like Santana, and I also like Dave Matthews so here goes.


This song is called, "Love of my Life" by Santana.  This song features Dave Matthews on vocals and Carter Beauford on drums, although the latter isn't credited on the back of the album (his name shows up on the album sleeve). (thanks, Jim - Oxnard, CA).

Now today I'm having lunch with a fellow blogger.  Her name is Stephanie, but we all know her as GlitterBabe!  And I found a song I would like to dedicate to her.  Steph thanks for having lunch with me today, and taking the time to come and chat a bit, and to meet me.  You're a special person my friend!  See you soon!




7 comments:

Stef H said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww marie! how sweet! thank you. i'm sooooooo on my way to meeting you. see ya in a few!

hugs :)

Tara said...

I like Santana and really like DMB but I've never heard this song. Thanks for being a loyal participant on MM! Have a great lunch!

Run DMT said...

I just love Dave Matthews, but I hadn't heard that song before. How cool!

Love the dedication to your blogger friend, too! How sweet! Enjoy your lunch together. :-)

Visiting here from Keeping Up with the Kellys - Happy MM! :-)

Anonymous said...

I just linked up. Hey I like what you picked! In fact this might be my new favorite "Love of My Life". But anything with Dave and Santana has to be wonderful...and that this is. Enjoy our lunch while I'm here figuring out what to click on so I can vote for you. Smiles

Haupi

If I Could Escape . . . said...

Ooh, you have some great choices there. Happy MM! x

Patricia said...

Awwww the Friendship song is an amazing Pick! I have to share this beautiful song with my Best friend..Thank you for sharing this song :)

Self Sagacity said...

I am brand new here too. I will follow you. Thanks for following back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...